Cyradis

Mel the Necromancer by Cyr - Thoroughly Slytherin (Pic Heavy)

Ooooh a necromancer!  I love necromancers!

You're layering is awesome!  My favorite is the skin!  Oh wait the green!!  No no no the blue is the best! No the hair!  No the skull!  No the scythe! 

Heck, the whole thing is super awesome and she is beautiful!  You did an amazing job!

See this is why I don't go to the CMPA I wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys!  I have a lot of practicing to do!

• Like 2

She turned out great. I never liked this mini but after seeing how you painted here, I may have to get one someday!

• Like 2

greate job, looks amazing. havent paint any necromancer yet, and now i think i need to paint her thanks to you ::P:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pochi said:

She turned out great. I never liked this mini but after seeing how you painted here, I may have to get one someday!

Honestly, she isn't a figure I would have picked either. Sir Cyr picked her, and I decided to slap some paint on. She has a lot of pleasing-to-paint features. You got ample skin to practice that and tattoos, good cloth to work with (with holes to add detail), a few fiddly bits, and a fun weapon. And she is relatively open, so there isn't much contortion needed to get the brush where it needs to go. Only downside is her club foot. Instead of filing that, I painted the bottom to give the illusion of a nice foot. 

4 minutes ago, Kuche said:

greate job, looks amazing. havent paint any necromancer yet, and now i think i need to paint her thanks to you ::P:

Thanks! I hope you have fun painting her too!

• Like 1

She is a BEAUTIFULLY EVIL creation, sinister & lovely at the same time. Your work with brush & eye for color are as OUTSTANDING as ever. I love her skin tones. VERY WELL DONE once more!

• Like 1

Tattoo and fingernails. That's some detail there. Good to know about the foot. Amazing paint job.  ^.^

• Like 1

The nailpolish is to 1) provide a tiny bit of red on her right side to balance the skull on her left. It isn't much, but I thought it would help a bit. And... 2). Her fingers on the right have a hideous mold line through them, and I had no idea how to make it look decent by filing, and it was too deep to blob stuff into I thought. So I kinda hid the almost severed fingers by making the fronts look painted. If I took a photo from the side it might look like she has bloody finger stumps attached to the staff :poke:

• Like 2

I will echo the others on how nicely painted she is.  That bony piece on her chest is the oddest part to me, but that's not because of your paint.

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Her fingers on the right have a hideous mold line through them, and I had no idea how to make it look decent by filing, and it was too deep to blob stuff into I thought.

Too deep for green stuff or some other putty?  I might try using putty, but it depends.  If a cast is so bad it would take lots of work to fix, that's the kind of thing to report to Reaper.  Sometimes it is a flaw in the mold, but it could just be a bad cast.  If the mold is damaged and hasn't been replaced with a new one, lots of people could be suffering the same issue. 

• Like 2

I'd need to get finer sculpting tools than I have to deal with it. The finger tips are severed and shifted by about the spacing of the fingers, so it would be a mess to fix properly. They're sortof offset - it is odd. When I get back home I'll snap a photo. 

There is a fine mold line on top of her hood, and one visible on the inside of her cloak. I managed to mostly hide the one on her leg with some ardcoat. I wouldn't be too surprised if her cast is a little wonky.