evilcoatrack

03364: Isabeau Laroche, Female Paladin

This is so good. I love the clothing detail, and the crisp definition around the lips and eyes.  The only thing I'd suggest is a slight highlight of another color on the face/ cheeks.  But again, this is really good (and far better than I can paint)!

• Like 1

Wow. I'm with @Cyradis, two tone cloak is something new to me, I'll try to work on something similar! And I love the tartan and freehand, impressive. It's all so neat!

I painted this mini too, some time ago, and I also tried a freehand on the shield. 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 1

Dude. 

I don't know what more to say. This rocks. 

Since I assume this means you play/have played Baldur's Gate, is there a Minsc conversion on the horizon? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sirgourls said:

Dude. 

I don't know what more to say. This rocks. 

Since I assume this means you play/have played Baldur's Gate, is there a Minsc conversion on the horizon? 

Thanks!  I'm afraid that the campaign she's in is set in the 5th edition timeline, so Minsc has been dead for awhile.  I may have to do something involving a descendant of either him or Boo, though.

• Like 1

great work on this one. The kilt really stands out as well as your color scheme, well done

• Like 1

Love the plaid and the freehand on the shield!

The highlights on the blue portions of the cloak came out a bit sharp -- they could do with a tad more blending, perhaps.  Still, it looks good!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By Maglok
      This is my version of the Bones 77630: Sacrificial Altar

I already have a bunch of evil looking altars, so I went instead for an arcane look. That said it was a speed paint.

• By Maglok
      I decided to paint a bunch of things to fill up any torture chambers I would need to create in my builds. The table with the implements is not from Reaper and is in metal. I do not remember who it is from. :)

The Bones painted up a bunch quicker though! :)

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard by Bobby Jackson

Comments and Criticism welcome.

• By Livesay
      I noticed this model bears striking resemblance to the wizard from my favorite childhood LEGO set.

The scroll was done by a friend using a .25mm micron pen.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)