evilcoatrack

03364: Isabeau Laroche, Female Paladin

This is so good. I love the clothing detail, and the crisp definition around the lips and eyes.  The only thing I'd suggest is a slight highlight of another color on the face/ cheeks.  But again, this is really good (and far better than I can paint)!

• Like 1

Wow. I'm with @Cyradis, two tone cloak is something new to me, I'll try to work on something similar! And I love the tartan and freehand, impressive. It's all so neat!

I painted this mini too, some time ago, and I also tried a freehand on the shield. 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 1

Dude. 

I don't know what more to say. This rocks. 

Since I assume this means you play/have played Baldur's Gate, is there a Minsc conversion on the horizon? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sirgourls said:

Dude. 

I don't know what more to say. This rocks. 

Since I assume this means you play/have played Baldur's Gate, is there a Minsc conversion on the horizon? 

Thanks!  I'm afraid that the campaign she's in is set in the 5th edition timeline, so Minsc has been dead for awhile.  I may have to do something involving a descendant of either him or Boo, though.

• Like 1

Love the plaid and the freehand on the shield!

The highlights on the blue portions of the cloak came out a bit sharp -- they could do with a tad more blending, perhaps.  Still, it looks good!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silvervane
      Well I finished this guy over the weekend.  He's been a long time in the works.  Several short bursts with long breaks.  I finally decided that I just wanted to get him done.  So I told myself a lot while looking at it "good enough." 

• By Darius Glenwell

Another one for a client of mine completed! He sent me a character illustration as inspiration for the mini. Really like this figure, and may pick him up myself, paint him in full military green for use with my IMEF Troopers! 

• By Darcstaar
      This figure is a great load off my Shelf of Shame.
      I wanted to complete it for my friend's 40th birthday, as he was supposed to come back to town for a surprise party.  I never finished it, since he changed his plans and there was no party.  He and I go back to 7th grade, and have gamed together on-and-off for the better part of 25 years.  I've gone back to complete this figure after about a 3 year hiatus.  He is my first real attempt at an NMM weapon and armor.  The challenge with the sword was the spine of the sword is soft not crisp, so getting a straight line was tough.

I asked my friend what his favorite type of character was to play.  His answer: Sword and Board fighter.
      I wanted the figure to resemble my friend: Very pale Caucasian, very light blond short hair.  Also, I wanted our high school colors to figure into the paint scheme: Green and White.

I also like to find old gems from the Reaper store that need some love and new life breathed into them!  Ashlan definitely fits the bill.

So, I present Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin.

I had dreams at one point of making the suitable looking parts of the sword and tabard-trim into green gems, but gave up on that to get him DONE!.

Part of the reason I gave up on this figure for so long was my failure to realize my ambitious goal to paint a freehand gold NMM device on the back to match the one sculpted on the front.  The back felt like it needed something.  I tried a white dragon for a while, like the shield, but didn't like it.  So I repainted the back and tried this gold device.  It came out "good enough" after about the third try, so I moved on.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Ashlan.  In know my friend will enjoy it.  He's triple-sealed for gaming goodness.
      Now, I just have to pack him up for a safe trip to Seattle.

Thanks for reading.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.

After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
      cheers
      Michael

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning,

so here's my last little painted piece of happiness, another Hackmaster figure that Ral Partha has gotten a hold of, a human thief.  I actually kind of have begun liking these figures quite a lot, as they feel like prototypes of their classes so often, kind of generic, but very nicely done in that old school feel.  I wanted dark colors for this one, but didn't want just black, so hopefully gave him a bit of variety with the colors.

• Who's Online   43 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)