Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Ok so I had picked up both LTPKs with the intent of hopefully learning some new stuff. Now not that they aren't great resources for new painters, but I had already read most of what was presented in them through a variety of sources on here and through other blogs. So I sat on them. Then I decided they offered a good opportunity to try a few other techniques and decided to give it a shot. So in the basic kit, I'm going to try my hand at some NMM. We'll see how it goes. The Layer up kit I plan to use for OSL. Anyways... onto the painting.
77042 - Orc Marauder
I started with the Orc Marauder thinking he'd be a little easier. Probably should have started with Mangu. I went ahead an documented all of my steps, in case anyone is interested in the parts before NMM. I tried to stick with the paints in the kit for the most part, but decided that once I get to the NMM I'm going to use 1 or 2 colors not included. Pics in the spoiler tag.
I just realized that I'd been painting but had not posted any of them. :-)
I like this mini, but I often struggled with the impression that she was putting her head on for the day. :-)
Painting her was fun, but I had a lot of problems with her mold lines, and she came out very muddy in some ways.
So I have a high level campaign that I want to throw a pit fiend at near the end. I figured let's paint up Agramon! I had to go and challenge myself though. I want the lava of his base to object source light all of him! :D And then there is the fireball in his hand.
At the moment I am still painting without OSL, he is not ready for that yet. His wings are not attached, nor is his fireball. The rest is attached and locked on the base though. I can still easily reach all of the model, but it will help me determine where OSL is needed.
So without further ado, here is the current state of Agramon.
And without his wings.
I needed a bunch of female figures for an RPG set in the 1920s, and I needed them fast and cheap. Sunday I ordered some Heroclix for a buck each, and by Wed evening they were in my hands. I need to modify the figures to have longer dresses appropriate for the period when the game is set.
First thing I did was cut them off at the feet. I found a hobby knife worked well. A sharp hobby knife would work better.
I used two part epoxy putty to make skirts. I just smooshed it on and smoothed it out. I should have started with a blob between the legs and let it dry overnight for stability.
Next: primer, paint and bases.
Who's Online 38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Sophie was taken
- Blue Prophet
- Chris Palmer
- Generic Fighter
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Green Eyed Monster
- Don Rodolfo Graziani
- Mad Jack