Oh, you really disappointed me. When I read Hydra, I thought of the Anti-Aircraft tank, not a dragon. Is it even a dragon?

Anyway - colours are great and I really love the overall match of the figure and the base - though I have to note: What is that beneath the Hydra? Is it what I think it is? I hope that is a pool and not the result of a poor dragons incontinence ...

• Like 3

Just now, Knochensack said:

Oh, you really disappointed me. When I read Hydra, I thought of the Anti-Aircraft tank, not a dragon. Is it even a dragon?

Anyway - colours are great and I really love the overall match of the figure and the base - though I have to note: What is that beneath the Hydra? Is it what I think it is? I hope that is a pool and not the result of a poor dragons incontinence ...

It’s a reptile like a dragon. Cut a head off and 2 more grow back in its place. 

Just a swapy little pool, he’s not THAT old... yet! ::P:

• Like 3

You did that in 3-4 hours? Geez, on that time scale, it is rockin'. Any C&C would be "spend more time with it" to tidy and smooth things. I'm not sure I'd get a base coat done that fast LOL. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

You did that in 3-4 hours? Geez, on that time scale, it is rockin'. Any C&C would be "spend more time with it" to tidy and smooth things. I'm not sure I'd get a base coat done that fast LOL. 

Yep, spent more time on the base than the hydra tbh. I just slapped green liner on the hydra, then dry brushed on greens and yellow to give it a bit of depth, painted the eyes and mouths and called it good. The base was more fun/interesting to me than the figure, but the figure is what is needed at the table for next session. ::D: 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

In mythology, slaying the Lernaean Hydra is one of the labors that Hercules (Heracles) had to do after he killed his family in a fit of rage induced by a pissed off goddess. The challenge was that when one head was removed, multiple grew it its place. Ways to deal with this include burning the stumps before growth happens. They're very reptilian, and good at eating people. 

Alternatively, it could also be the group that acts against Captain America. Hydra as a group acts against good guy group SHIELD. They also run with the head-regrowth mythos as part of their insideousness. 

Can you show us a picture of an anti-aircraft tank named for the creature? Must be a heck of a tank to deserve to be called a hydra.  

• Like 5

Great Job Ub3r !!!

This is one of those times I looked at the subject, ignored your technique,

and enjoyed  the color flow up and around the Hydra (and it's multiple heads),

and saw the contrast destruction of the citadel at its feet.  This is one of those "Rare"

the story tells it all.  Like the effective use of color, and impact.

Jay

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

In mythology, slaying the Lernaean Hydra is one of the labors that Hercules (Heracles) had to do after he killed his family in a fit of rage induced by a pissed off goddess. The challenge was that when one head was removed, multiple grew it its place. Ways to deal with this include burning the stumps before growth happens. They're very reptilian, and good at eating people. 

Alternatively, it could also be the group that acts against Captain America. Hydra as a group acts against good guy group SHIELD. They also run with the head-regrowth mythos as part of their insideousness. 

Can you show us a picture of an anti-aircraft tank named for the creature? Must be a heck of a tank to deserve to be called a hydra.  

My knowledge of mythology is one sentence I remember from school, in which our teacher told us that most of greek myths happend because Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants. I guess that is everything I had to know back then :-D

But yeah - pissed off goddesses are nothing one want to achieve. I think Arachne was also very successful in getting that done.

Regarding the tank. ->Check here<-

Edited by Knochensack
  • Like 5

Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants. Hercules was born. Hera was pissed and cursed Hercules to kill his family. Then Herc went on a quest to prove he was really sorry about it. 

And that is an impressive tank indeed! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

Great Job Ub3r !!!

This is one of those times I looked at the subject, ignored your technique,

and enjoyed  the color flow up and around the Hydra (and it's multiple heads),

and saw the contrast destruction of the citadel at its feet.  This is one of those "Rare"

the story tells it all.  Like the effective use of color, and impact.

Jay

Thanks, Jay!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants. Hercules was born. Hera was pissed and cursed Hercules to kill his family. Then Herc went on a quest to prove he was really sorry about it. 

And that is an impressive tank indeed! 

So he killed something else. Great man. He will be my new hero of today.

The tank is impressive. Yes. Indeed :-D

Edited by Knochensack
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job!

The Hydra looks menacing!

The base is awesome!

Thank you, fuzzy glittered one!

• Like 1

You did an OUTSTANDING  job painting the Beasty in a FINE variety of  colors. The base is WONDERFULAND he has such endearing smiles. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2