So I've been working on the base. I didn't have any Simple Green to strip the 7 day challenge base (which really needs it) and realized that I was using that as an excuse to procrastinate. So instead, I stole the base from the second Ma'al that I have. So I spent a lot of time removing mold lines.

Then I basecoated it with GW Averland Sunset:

Next, not pictured (sorry) I put on a wash of GW Reikland Fleshshade. I held the base upside down while I applied it so that it would run where the shadows should be. 

Then I did a heavy dry brush of the Averland Sunset. 

Then I drybrushed MSP Lantern Yellow, which is more yellow than it appears in this pic. 

Next I drybrushed in some MSP Mustard Yellow, but not much because I realized it wasn't making much difference. 

Then I did a lighter dry brush of MSP Canary Yellow

Then I did a light dry brush of MSP Amber Gold (which is more of a tan colour)

Then I did a final light dry brush of MSP Dirty Bone

Now what I'm working on is shading with MSP Tarnished Copper, which is part of the new with Bones 3 NMM Copper triad, so it is not metallic. 

Still plenty of work to do, but I'm really liking how it's looking.  

• Like 17

8 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

This is a great project and I have really enjoyed watching!  I really love all your work!

Awww, thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I'm hoping to have more updates over the next few days, as panic is beginning to set in. :lol:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

That's selling rock really well in the photos.

I'm getting a Dakota Sandstone vibe off it. That's the one that makes the ridge at Devil's Backbone up in Loveland and the hogback just north of Golden. 

Good durable sandstone. Not a weak and wimpy one. 

Lovely work, @Guindyloo

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      Hi, friends! In continuing with our plan to catch up with painting the Dungeon Dwellers as a joint WIP together as they come out, can I interest you in some Baran Blacktree?

Buglips and I will be painting him in our usual fashion, but if you haven't already, make sure that you check out Rhonda Bender's awesome PDF painting guide for him here: Dungeon Dwellers
      Y'all probably know by now how these go, but if not, check out our Thanis the Bonecaller thread where it all began and that'll give you links to all of the other joint WIP threads we've done. 
    • By ObviousBadGuy
      Hello everyone! I'm new (to the forum and painting) and I thought the best way to introduce myself was with a figure. This is my second figure I've painted and thought it was pretty decent. I would love to hear what you think.  
      P.s sorry for the horrible camera quality and background. I'll work on that.

• By joepacelli
      The title says it all
      Has anyone come up with stats for pathfinder for Ma'al Drakar?
    • By Guindyloo
      Hi friends! We have another project to share with you in our continuing series where Buglips and I paint the same figure using our own very different from each other approaches to miniature painting. If you're not familiar with this series, you can check out our previous topics:
      03100: Thanis the Bonecaller
      01614: Con Crud 2017 Convention Zombie
      02818: Bugbear Warrior
      For this project, we decided to paint Scorpius Rex Dracus, which is an older figure in the back catalog of Reaper - just look at the number! 02017! He's one of the OG's of the Reaper catalog! Our usual method for picking a figure is generally that one of us already owns it and suggests it and then the other of us goes and orders it. However, for Scorpius Rex Dracus, we actually both already owned him because he's a really neat figure with a lot of personality.
      I know a lot of people are a bit intimidated by the thought of painting dragons, but I promise they're a lot of fun and this guy would actually be a great starter dragon, as he's on the smaller side. I didn't have a Sir Forscale, but here he is next to Queen Illeosa of Korvosa to give you an idea of his size.

So you can see, he's a far less intimidating size than the dragons you see in Bones. (Spoiler alert, I'm going to assemble him a little later. )
      But for now, here he is straight out of the blister:

As we've done with our previous WIP posts, I will be tackling this guy with my method of painting for display and I'll do my best to take y'all through all of the steps that I go through from start to finish and share my thoughts with you as I go along.
      As always, please feel free to comment or ask questions - I'm always glad to help out in whatever way I can along the way. I'll try not to take too many blurry pictures....but no promises. 
    • By elussya
      So- finished I think.
      Resculpted/modded the 5 heads, and then sculpted the base out to match.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)