Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ratmaster2000

Has anyone painted Mansions of Madness mini's

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So a co-worker friend of mine is getting into mini's and he likes the HP lovecraft game Mansions of madness. He is asking me if I could paint up his mini's for him and his friend (tabletop quality, nothing crazy haha), and what would I charge to do it. First off, any recommendations on asking prices? By the lot, per piece? Also, has anyone had experience painting these? Material (metal, plastic), what prep work? Do I texture the base? Any help is appreciated. Also, if this is the wrong place to post, please move it:)

Edited by Ratmaster2000

Also see BoardGameGeek's MoM forum for painted miniatures. The Miniatures Page has a painting services subforum you can ask for prices.

You could always negotiate for trade or something other than money. Trade usually results in getting more stuff than being paid.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Argentee
      Started working my way through the Mythos Expansion, and the monsters seemed like the most fun to paint so I did those first. I started with good intentions of following the Mythos... they.... didn't last.

First up the Dark Young:

The mouths was like leaves and the whole thing was like a tree in the wind, a black tree with lots of branches trailing to the ground, and a whole lot of roots ending in hoofs. - Robert Bloch, "Notebook Found In a Deserted House."

Next up, the Gug: "It was a paw, fully two feet and a half across, and equipped with formidable talons. After it came another paw, and after that a great black-furred arm to which both of the paws were attached by short forearms. Then two pink eyes shone, and the head of the awakened gug sentry, large as a barrel, wabbled into view. The eyes jutted two inches from each side, shaded by bony protuberances overgrown with coarse hairs. But the head was chiefly terrible because of the mouth. That mouth had great yellow fangs and ran from the top to the bottom of the head, opening vertically instead of horizontally." -H.P. Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

This post is getting pretty big... spoilering the rest of the pics.

The Deep Ones... I think their predominant colour was a greyish-green, though they had white bellies. They were mostly shiny and slippery, but the ridges of their backs were scaly. Their forms vaguely suggested the anthropoid, while their heads were the heads of fish, with prodigious bulging eyes that never closed. At the sides of their necks were palpitating gills, and their long paws were webbed. - H.P. Lovecraft The Shadows over Innsmouth

Well, I gave up on the white bellies. Couldn't get a look I liked...

Next the Mi-go who are supposed to be pinkish... at this point, I gave up following the text.

And finally the Graveyard Wailer... I couldn't find this one in the Mythos, so free to paint it however I wanted... Free! FREE! Muhahahahaha!

• By odinsgrandson
      Creating wedding cake toppers offers me a lot of artistic variety. There are a lot of different things that people want to put on their cakes, and it always impresses me that after almost ten years of doing this, I can still be surprised at some of the awesome ideas I get to make into reality.
      Here is one of those concepts that really got me. This is Cthulhu and his Mermaid bride. I had him put a hand around her waist to help support her, and overall I really think this couple turned out well.
      I wonder if someone will have me create a topper where bride and groom are both mer-folk sometime.

• By EldritchEladrin
      Hey gang!
      Thought I'd post the Eldritch Demon I painted recently. I decided to take a departure from the iconic green flesh mythos monster look and try a more orangey-jaundice flesh tone. Also used a yellow/orange mix to highlight the cool patterns covering the skin.

Also, used the MSP Adamantium Black to give the base a neat volcanic/space rock look.

I did keep the tentacles a traditional pink colour. Just seemed to fit with the whole new flesh, soft and squishy, feel (like a sea creature without its shell?)...

Cheers! :)

-E.E.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Secret of Innsmouth. Act Three: Metamorphosis!
      This campaign features new sculpts that will, if the campaign is successful, join the existing Mythos range of 28mm scale white metal miniatures from Blind Beggar Miniatures..
      Whereas the first two Acts demonstrated the first stages of transformation into the Hybrid, this sequel features the final stages of the Metamorphosis from Hybrids into full blown Deep Ones.
      This campaign will allow for the Hybrids released in Acts One and Two, and the Dark Clergy, to be added to your Pledge if you choose to. .
      Alongside the Deep Ones and Hybrids there is also the chance to get your hands on the human populace of Innsmouth. These could represent the 'untainted' members of the population or, alternatively, Government Agents or Investigators who are attempting to eliminate this activity in this cursed coastal region.
      Act Three: The Deep Ones of Innsmouth.

As you can see from the pictures above, the transformation from Hybrid to Deep One moves slowly through various stages. The process of metamorphosis means the loss of their more 'human-like' features that are still in existence in the earlier Hybrid phases. These features begin to disappear as they gradually take on the semblance of the creatures of Dagon and become Deep Ones and take to the water. 
      As Deep Ones age they continue to grow and become much larger and bulkier as they reach Ancient One status.
    • By CrazyK
      My GM needed this mini urgently for a game session this weekend.  Asked me to paint it up.  Needed a hill giant that had gone through Illithid ceremorphosis and created the hill giant from hell.   Not the best pic from angles as GM had already grabbed the mini.   Once it is used need to finish tentacles and runes on the base.

Anyhoo thought I'd share

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)