Crowley

Getting to know each other, October edition

563 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday, October 4th: What's your favorite song for the season? Why? Any special memories attached to it?

Once again I'm struggling to answer because I just don't attach things to seasons.

3 people like this

I don't think my music selection really changes for any particular season.

4 people like this

This is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I just love it. Probably a bit too much. 

8 people like this

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday, October 4th: What's your favorite song for the season? Why? Any special memories attached to it?

Hmm, don't know about favorite, but this has been loved since it was played at a Halloween concert long ago, with chorus members dressed as goblins sneaking onstage in twos and threes until the crescendo.

11 people like this

@Pingo

Thanks, now I have that stuck in my head. 

5 people like this

:ph34r:

5 people like this

Most of my seasonal music is attached to Christmas, rather than Halloween. 

I've always loved Halloween (shock, right) and this has been a part of the soundtrack to the season for as long as I can remember. It started with my elementary school music teacher who played this every year from 1st through 6th grade.

That soundtrack should come with a warning. Those beeps at the beginning (I couldn't listen further) were extremely painful. :ears bleed: :zombie:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

It beeps each time the visual changes?  (Periodic beeping for Oct 4 .......how fitting.)

Edited by TGP
2 people like this

Yeah, the beep was how the filmstrip knew to advance. :unsure: the height of tech... In the 60s?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

For autumn, not so much. But it's spring over here right now, so...

Back in the spring of 2011 I was big into MMJ, and started sharing some of their songs with a girl at work who I was rather taken with. This song in particular took her fancy, and the fact that she both wore her hair up at work and wore glasses made it all the more fitting.

Well, fast forward three years and we danced to this as our first song at our wedding, which was also in the spring, and it's still a favourite song of mine.

Edited by Dai-Mongar
4 people like this

1 hour ago, hiddenone32 said:

I don't think my music selection really changes for any particular season.

Ditto.

2 people like this

10/4: My musical choices don't change based on the season, for the most part.  I do occasionally enjoy some traditional Christmas carols within a week or so of Christmas, but other than that, there's no music that I would avoid or seek out during any particular season.

2 people like this

If we’re talking Halloween songs we can’t forget Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo.

9 people like this

23 minutes ago, Flit said:

If we’re talking Halloween songs we can’t forget Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo.

Yusssss!

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Outside of specific holidays, I don't really associate music with the fall.

2 people like this