Crowley

Getting to know each other, October edition

621 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Is telling PC backstories okay if they fit this paradigm?

Absolutely!

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday October 5th:

What's your favorite Halloween movie (or TV episode)? Have you/are you going to watch it this month?

The Halloween Specials from the Simpsons.

I will watch them when they air again, which is likely around this time.

Should I feel like I want to watch REAL HORROR...the SCARY kind..The kind that will leave me cuddled up in a corner sucking my thumb...

I will watch:

Spoiler

JUSTIN BIEBER IN CONCERT ON DVD :zombie:

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for the weekend of October 6-8:

Well now you've done it. You went to the haunted cabin, or opened the cursed box, or lit the black flame candle, and now some supernatural bad-thing is after you! Tell us what you did, who you did it with, what you got the attention of, who dies, and who (if anyone) lives? And how will the sequel kick off?  

Well, I just got home and opened the door, walked into the hallway, I hung my coat and when I turned to enter the living room I was in my office again!

I turned to get out, but the door is gone!

So here I am, in my office instead of my home.

What happened?

Oh Wait, I hear a sound.

Let me investigate.

I think I see something...It is a.....

Edited by Glitterwolf
9 people like this

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Well now you've done it. You went to the haunted cabin, or opened the cursed box, or lit the black flame candle, and now some supernatural bad-thing is after you! Tell us what you did, who you did it with, what you got the attention of, who dies, and who (if anyone) lives? And how will the sequel kick off?  

That type of flick: the young people, who are being stalked by some horror AND consistently make obviously wrong & usually fatal decisions, isn't my idea of horror...other than finding such levels of idiocy horrid that is.

I am more of a Faerie Tale Horror Guy...the Brothers Grimm darkness.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Given the green light for this...

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

In PC terms...

We let the FTR-MAGE-THF-HALF-ELF Chaotic Everywhere... "I always check walls-floors-&-ceilings for traps" ...multi-class character be the one to open the LID.  (Otherwise it would have been a real pain to stop him.)

One time we laughed when a single Stirge fell dead at his feet. 

Then we spent a full combat round debating exactly how we could, or if we would, peel the other 46 storages stirges off of him (without hitting him also).***

There was another time he teleported onto the back of a Dragon, so he could backstab it, for quadruple damage, with a bastard sword (because, as he argued, that was the size of weapon needed to backstab a Dragon). 

It was too bad, so sad, that the Dragon was a spell using Dragon; and the spell it had cast upon itself was a magic, fire-based spell that dealt DOUBLE damage in return. 

He rolled really, really well with that sword, had a couple of magic items that packed in some bonuses, it was all quadrupled (backstabbing) and then doubled back on him; 204 hit points as I recall.  :devil:

Edited by TGP
***There was also a fascinating side debate concerning the number of stirges that could attach themselves to an elf-size creature.
10 people like this

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Should I feel like I want to watch REAL HORROR...the SCARY kind..The kind that will leave me cuddled up in a corner sucking my thumb...

I will watch:

Hide contents

JUSTIN BIEBER IN CONCERT ON DVD :zombie:

Don't do it man! Nobody has enough sanity points to survive that. ::o:

7 people like this

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

I picked up the duck in the dungeon. I lured it to me with spare rations and gave it a hug. 

Sir Cyr and my best friend are there too, going "but why?!"

Monster is a comedic necromancer with a pet duck. 

Cliffhanger ending not knowing if the best friend lives - he tripped while running from undead. 

Next movie kicks off with the best friend as a dancing zombie. (Did do Thriller flash mob with this friend - he would totally do that). 

9 people like this

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

I allow the supernatural bad-thing to see me as I truly am.  It runs away screaming and refuses to ever leave its lair again, experiencing nightmares for the remainder of its wretched existence. :devil::;,;::devil::;,;::devil::;,;:

10 people like this

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

This... would not be a horror movie.

I have 20 years experience reading fortunes in real life. I performed my first exorcism in real life when I was 14. I have warded homes for money, I have cleansed cursed objects, I have pulled Things kicking and screaming out of possessed hosts.

In real life.

This would be some sort of Buffy the Vampire Slayer weirdness. But inverted in terms of what people think. I would probably be earning the wrath of some angel or other 'good but strict' being and I'd need to defend my heretical butt. It wouldn't be a demon, demons can be bros, you can dom a demon and they'll accept you as their master long enough to do what you need to do and then you deal with them. But angels, man... [shudders] I'm LE, those guys don't like me.

This would be some largely fantastical weird movie with either no budget or all of the money. There probably wouldn't be a sequel due to angering some church out there for letting evil win or some nonsense.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

So I’m  the cool, cynical physics major spending the weekend at her friend’s house since her parents are out of town. And the friend starts telling me about how sometimes when she draws things they happen, but lately there has been this voice telling her to draw things. Bad things. 

And i I decide it would be a great idea to tell her to draw the voice talking to her. She draws this black menacing figure and the rest of the day/evening is a freak hailstorm for no reason, things turning on and off when no one is around, being the only house that loses power when the power company insists we still have power, etc...

It all ends when I finally find the drawing which isn’t where we left it, and make her burn the damn thing. I go home and try to laugh it off, but when I go to shower, my body is covered with scratches like I’ve been wrestling naked with a rose bush even though I’ve been fully clothed and not doing anything that would have scratched me up.

Roll credits

post credit scene: Friend’s parents get back, bringing her a new sketchbook and some really fancy pencils. 

Based on a true story

Edited by Argentee
11 people like this

Spending an evening with friends in a cabin in the woods.  Nice.  Luxurious.  The kids are all at grandparents' houses, so we can let our hair down a little.  Drinks start flowing, we end up all a bit or more than a bit tipsy, and that's when someone finds the old Ouiji Board in the closet.  Pull it out and we start having a laugh asking all sorts of silly questions, but the answers are...less silly.  At first, everything is giggling, but as time progresses, the giggles stop and the Ouiji board is still out...it's speaking to us, and we can't put it away.  Suddenly, black...the lights go out...we hear a scream and the ouiji board is gone.  No one really remembers the ouiji board, even though it had been out of the better part of the evening.  Everyone's suddenly very sleepy, so we all retire to our beds for the night.  One couple starts getting frisky...they're the first to be killed.  We all hear the screams, by the time we get to their room, no sign of them, just rumbled sheets and no them...but oh, we're so very tired...really need to sleep.  back to bed everyone, I'm sure they'll be fine...

9 people like this

-statement redacted-

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

I Flatline Remote Viewed™ a possible timeline for our present reality and due to quantum observation paradox,  what I saw is coming to pass.  The problem is that because of the nature of paradox,  my psyche can no longer totally recall said observations,  thus my ability to affect any potentiality has been greatly diminished to the point I can only rant about seemingly non related occurrences actually being somehow related.  On a miniature company's forum,  a mongolian basket weaving forum and social media. No one gets out alive (life is kinda like that, you know?) and if there is a sequel it begins "You ain't seen nothin' yet :devil:

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Absolutely!

She entered the haunted house.

The young healer did not understand it was haunted.  At first it seemed just another big house long past its glory days down by the river, outside the comforting circle of Baghdad’s walls.  

She was not brave. She entered because ten years of setting broken bones and delivering babies had taught her that if someone needs help and you’re the only person who can help you help, even in the middle of the night, even in the meanest of homes, even when your servant begs you to go back home.

It was immediately obvious that this house was not normal, with its silent darkened halls and strange and subdued servants.  As for her patient ...

Medieval Persians did not have a concept of vampires as such. They knew of djinni and demons, ghouls who lurked in abandoned buildings to devour unwary travellers and wicked daevas who tempted mortals to evil deeds - fanciful stories and warnings, rarely encountered, possibly allegorical.

The healer only knew that her patient had suffered injuries that should have killed an ordinary mortal, and that healing him was far beyond her skills. But there was no one but her, and she had taken an oath to always try ...

Despite all her reservations she did her best, eventually drawing out the glowing shard of some numinous weapon that had shattered the creature’s leg and sewing the wound as neatly as she could with trembling hands, painfully aware from the close contact that this was not, could not be a living human.

Afterwards he ate her servant.

The strangers would not let her retun to her home and family.  After three nights’ captivity her patient, nearly healed, told her he was eternally grateful to her for his continued existence and wished to reward her with the greatest gift he knew.

Then he killed her. 

Temporarily.

13 people like this

Pumpkin spice (Naturally), Apple Pie and fresh caramel Apples. :D

4 people like this

21 hours ago, Crowley said:

...........and it was alllllllll a dream. *falls back asleep*

6 people like this