Crowley

Getting to know each other, October edition

621 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Monday, October 9th:

Have you visited any Haunted Houses, Corn Mazes, Apple orchards, and/or Ren Faires this year? Ever get scared/lost/snogged while visiting one?

Not this year.

When I was a kid I saw a few things in a ghost ship. The Queen Mary is generally considered a tourist trap of an old cruise ship sitting in Long Beach Harbor. It's known locally for its stupid high prices, the boring 'ghost tours', and its actual freaky stuff down in the engine room. Sightings of dead bodies draped over railings or smashed upon the catwalks of the lower levels are common. They're usually laughed off because as soon as you look again they're gone.

No they're not decorations. Yes several have been matched to real deaths in the historical record. Not all of them though. It lends credence to the open secret that the ship's owners routinely covered up engine room deaths so they wouldn't lose money or contracts.

6 people like this

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Have you visited any Haunted Houses, Corn Mazes, Apple orchards, and/or Ren Faires this year? Ever get scared/lost/snogged while visiting one?

We went to Fright Fest at Six Flags New England 2 weekends ago.

I did not get scared, just startled a few times.

I did get lost (sort of). I was in front of our group and it was so bloody dark that I missed a turn and ended up walking out of the haunted area (it was an outdoors walk through). One of the zombie actors pointed out that we were going the wrong way and got us back on track, at which point I joked that I was leading us to safety.:lol:

I did not get snogged, but it was a pretty close thing. One of the female actors got reeeeaaallly close to me (like so close that even though there was supposed to be no contact, there was a little bit of contact) and started making retching sounds. Then she backed up a half step, smiled, and spit blood all over the place, just like Gene Simmons. That was pretty cool.

6 people like this

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Not this year and probably don't plan to at this point. I have gone to a haunted house with friends before. I did not enjoy it. I spent most of the way through it holding onto my friend's brother's shoulder with my eyes closed.

4 people like this

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Haunted Houses I generally find kinda boring. We have a great Corn Maze near us but can never remember to go. We live down the street from a fantastic apple orchard and went on my birthday. Every couple of years, my father floats the idea of going to King Richard's Faire and then he sees the ticket price and Nopes his way right out of there.

Nope, nope, and nope.

6 people like this

I'm in the SCA, so every week is like a ren faire :P  Actually put on a large demo at a local apple orchard.

To answer the second part: -statement redacted-

5 people like this

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

I drive by two orchards (well more like one orchard and one farm that thinks too much of itself and sells a lot of overpriced craftsy stuff and pumpkins) and a corn maze every day to and from work.  I occasionally stop at the better one for cider. Can't say as I got scared or lost in the parking lot.

5 people like this

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Not this year.  I have been to a haunted castle in Scotland before.  Had a great time.  Didn't see any ghosts and didn't get scared. 

Totally got snogged though! :wub:

8 people like this

I have not this year, and most likely will not be able to.

3 people like this

Tragically, I didn't get to go to the Ren Faire this year...  :down:

Temporary money issues and/or home repair issues prevented me from getting there every damn weekend... :grr:

Haven't been to a haunted house or other seasonal thing in years...

4 people like this

Nope. I don’t attend such things. The one time my husband dragged me to Halloscream at Busch Gardens I managed to pull the blow JUST before the head of my cane connected to an actor’s face. (I did not go into any haunted houses or scare zone but an actor still lunged at me.) My reflexes are wired wrong for such things. 

8 people like this

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

Nope. I don’t attend such things. The one time my husband dragged me to Halloscream at Busch Gardens I managed to pull the blow JUST before the head of my cane connected to an actor’s face. (I did not go into any haunted houses or scare zone but an actor still lunged at me.) My reflexes are wired wrong for such things. 

My husband does the same thing. The one time we did go to a haunted corn maze he nearly decked one guy. 

Heck, the one time I managed to jump out and scare him he almost punched me.

Its not fair. He can scare me all the time, but I can't scare him :unsure:

8 people like this

3 hours ago, etherial said:

Haunted Houses I generally find kinda boring. We have a great Corn Maze near us but can never remember to go. We live down the street from a fantastic apple orchard and went on my birthday. Every couple of years, my father floats the idea of going to King Richard's Faire and then he sees the ticket price and Nopes his way right out of there.

Nope, nope, and nope.

King Richard's (Carver Mass?) is an awesome faire!

12 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My husband does the same thing. The one time we did go to a haunted corn maze he nearly decked one guy. 

Heck, the one time I managed to jump out and scare him he almost punched me.

Its not fair. He can scare me all the time, but I can't scare him :unsure:

Did that once to my dad....

except he was looking down the barrel of a cocked 9mm pistol.....

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Crowley said:

Not to be a downer, but, the Life Changing Event that resulted in my being classified as permanently disabled sort of filled up the bin marked "have fun at Haunted House".

Might just suggest a trip to the area known as "Apple Hill" about 2 1/2 hours from where we live to the wife for an outing this weekend.

GEM

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Not to be a downer, but, the Life Changing Event that resulted in my being classified as permanently disabled sort of filled up the bin marked "have fun at Haunted House".

Might just suggest a trip to the area known as "Apple Hill" about 2 1/2 hours from where we live to the wife for an outing this weekend.

GEM

Debby Downer ::P:

(to be clear, I can't make things purple on my phone)

4 people like this

12 hours ago, etherial said:

Nope, nope, and nope.

Mack's?

1 person likes this