Crowley

Getting to know each other, October edition

671 posts in this topic

Favorite is Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Angel a close second.

After that everything else. 

Never had much interest in horror-themed movies, TV shows.  But Buffy was a good show even with the horror added.

5 people like this

I don't generally like horror related things, but I've been told Doctor Who comes close? So, I guess that? 

--I hate being scared--

6 people like this

Many questions for a Monday...

On 10/9/2017 at 6:48 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Monday, October 9th:

Have you visited any Haunted Houses, Corn Mazes, Apple orchards, and/or Ren Faires this year? Ever get scared/lost/snogged while visiting one?

This year: None of those things. 

Ever SLS: nope, nope, and nope.

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Tuesday October 10th:

Vampires don't like garlic. Werewolves are hurt by silver. Demons have issues with salt and holy water. Ghosts and fay dislike iron. How prepared are you for attack by supernatural monsters? 

(don't feel limited to the creatures listed above)

Plenty of iron implements scattered around. 

Kitchen is very well equipped against Ghosts and Fay....but woefully unprepared against the other threats. There is one very small container of Salt, it is more than a year old, and remains almost full. 

4 people like this

48 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday October 11th:

Night Gallery, Goosebumps, Kolchak the Night Stalker, The Real Ghostbusters, Supernatural, and so many more TV shows have explored horror on the small screen. What's your favorite? What was your least favorite? Why?

I had believed I was not a fan of horror so I don't think I have watched any of these.  I'm no longer certain that I do not enjoy horror as a genre but I know there are certain things I strongly dislike (for example, jump scares and gore for the sake of gore).  (I can appreciate "creepy" but I don't enjoy cheap tricks added solely to evoke a reaction from the viewer.)

There may be episodes of Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and Doctor Who that could qualify as horror (e.g. "Blink") but I've never thought of them as horror.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Night Gallery, Goosebumps, Kolchak the Night Stalker, The Real Ghostbusters, Supernatural, and so many more TV shows have explored horror on the small screen. What's your favorite? What was your least favorite? Why?

I don't go for full horror, but I like the horror-dabbling in shows. 

Hush was a brilliant Buffy episode. And any with Angelus? Yep, good stuff.

Supernatural season 1 was more horror than later seasons and was entertaining.

Stranger Things - it focused on story, horror was secondary to that.

Tried to get into Hemlock Grove but that kinda tanked. 

Edited by Cyradis
4 people like this

Horror never really interested me, because by and large it's pretty short on story, and focuses more on "scare." I did enjoy Stranger Things quite a lot. 

5 people like this

I don't really care for horror.  Nothing that I watch I would consider to be part of that genre.

2 people like this

20 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I need to know.  Is anyone else thinking about acquiring a silvered weapon or some holy water because of this question?  Or is it just me?

Briefly, yes, but not very seriously.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

I was originally going to say that I was not much of a horror fan, but, looking at your listing, I guess I would have to modify that to say that I do not care for grisly slasher gore, jump scares, etc., which define the genre to me. On the other hand, I have enjoyed a lot of things on the lighter/silly side with occult / horror monster themes.

Does "The Real Ghostbusters" qualify as horror? I mean, I know it's ghost and monster themed, but I thought of it as much more of a comedy. Supernatural is also kind of on the borderline, but it is much more horror-focused. I loved the former as a kid, but have not revisited it as an adult. The latter is one of Lady Klarg's favorite shows, and I have watched quite a bit as a result. It entertains me, but I don't think its's a favorite of mine.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, klarg1 said:

I was originally going to say that I was not much of a horror fan, but, looking at your listing, I guess I would have to modify that to say that I do not care for grisly slasher gore, jump scares, etc., which define the genre to me. On the other hand, I have enjoyed a lot of things on the lighter/silly side with occult / horror monster themes.

Does "The Real Ghostbusters" qualify as horror? I mean, I know it's ghost and monster themed, but I thought of it as much more of a comedy. Supernatural is also kind of on the borderline, but it is much more horror-focused. I loved the former as a kid, but have not revisited it as an adult. The latter is one of Lady Klarg's favorite shows, and I have watched quite a bit as a result. It entertains me, but I don't think its's a favorite of mine.

I was trying to be as generous in defining "horror" as possible so that those who don't actually like "horror" would have something to say other than "I don't like horror"

6 people like this

I got curious and looked up what "cold iron" meant, and it's basically just a poetic way of saying "stabby iron". I guess in dnd it's magic-ish, but irl, it's just stabby.

Meh. Don't really care.

6 people like this

I think Buffy/Angel will always be my favorite.  I really enjoyed Supernatural for the first several seasons but I haven't really paid it much attention in the past few years or so.

2 people like this

Of those, I've enjoyed all of them, although Goosebumps the least. To be fair, I was out of the target age range for that TV show, but my kids were into it.

I think Supernatural would be my favorite of the group presented, but I've probably seen Buffy a million times, although it's hardly "horror".

7 people like this

22 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I was trying to be as generous in defining "horror" as possible so that those who don't actually like "horror" would have something to say other than "I don't like horror"

Well, expounding "horror" to include "supernatural" inspired show, then put me down for Lost Girl.  I need to finish wrapping that up.  I think I left off somewhere in the 4th season. 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I've probably seen Buffy a million times, although it's hardly "horror".

The musical episode was:rolleyes:

5 people like this