Crowley

Getting to know each other, October edition

658 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2017 at 0:29 PM, NebulousMissy said:

It also talks when you haven't pulled the string. I had a furby like that once. Nope, don't need another haunted doll.

My nephew had a Sing ‘N’ Snore Ernie like that.  It would go off randomly in the night, in the dark.

His parents got rid of it real fast.

We have a vast and eclectic collection of plushies, including gryphons, Fraggles, hobbits, Totoros, elder gods, dragons, skeletons, viruses, and any amount of wildlife.  But no clowns.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Thanks for covering!

Question for the weekend of October 20-22:

Weekend Hobby Challenge: You have a paint in your collection that you've never used (putting a drop on the cap doesn't count). What color is it? Why have you never used it? How long have you had it? What are you going to use it for? What are you waiting for?

It's one of GW's new drybrush formulated paints. I don't know what they did to them, but they don't drybrush.

3 people like this

24 minutes ago, etherial said:

It's one of GW's new drybrush formulated paints. I don't know what they did to them, but they don't drybrush.

How is it looking? It should have the consistency of glop, but I've come across those that dried out to the point that it won't go onto the brush properly.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

My nephew had a Sing ‘N’ Snore Ernie like that.  It would go off randomly in the night, in the dark.

His parents got rid of it real fast.

We have a vast and eclectic collection of plushies, including gryphons, Fraggles, hobbits, Totoros, elder gods, dragons, skeletons, viruses, and any amount of wildlife.  But no clowns.

I have a brain cell! I mean.... a plushie brain cell! Love all the viruses and bacteria and cells made plushie! 

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Flit said:

I have a couple that I haven’t used and probably never will: Cloud Pink and Breast Cancer Pink. I’m not really a fan of pink in general but Cloud Pink is really obnoxious as pinks go. I don’t even remember how I got it. Maybe it was in a ReaperCon bag. 

I have some samples and Promo colors that I haven’t gotten around to using mainly because of not painting anything for awhile and things getting all disorganized.

I have seen some fantastic uses of pink:

FB_IMG_1508522328244.thumb.jpg.2abc36b165c814c341280e981dd7c5b9.jpg

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Thanks for covering!

Weekend Hobby Challenge: You have a paint in your collection that you've never used (putting a drop on the cap doesn't count). What color is it? Why have you never used it? How long have you had it? What are you going to use it for? What are you waiting for?

I have a few Reaper samples I've never used and don't have any plans to use.  They more or less duplicate paints I already have open so they can just sit.

Other than that... I do believe that I've yet to use a few paints from my Vallejo Air Metallic set.  I just haven't done any red, blue, black, or brass TMM since I purchased the set.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Thanks for covering!

I have a bunch of unused paints.

There are a lot of various colors, I've never thought to mark down whether I've used a paint or not.

I mainly use what I know will work which leaves a gap in paints I have vs paints I've used. I'm trying to get more creative with color schemes so maybe I'll pull some of them out soon.

Not sure what to use it on offhand. I'm waiting to get my to paint pile down a little before I start really getting into playing around with new colors.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Thanks for covering!

I have a few of the washes and liners that I got last week that I have not tried yet. I think sepia liner, green liner, brown wash. 

They'll likely get used next time I get a chance to paint. Maybe next week. If not then I will probably have to wait for thanksgiving week. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

How is it looking? It should have the consistency of glop, but I've come across those that dried out to the point that it won't go onto the brush properly.

It's gloppy. Too gloppy. I get huge blobs left on my minis and when I try and remove the blobs, I get paint in the crevices. I'm strongly considering just watering them down into regular paint and then drybrushing the old fashioned way.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, etherial said:

It's gloppy. Too gloppy. I get huge blobs left on my minis and when I try and remove the blobs, I get paint in the crevices. I'm strongly considering just watering them down into regular paint and then drybrushing the old fashioned way.

Have you seen some of the dry paint videos on Warhammer TV? They give good tips on using them.

20 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sorry, I don't like clowns that much ::P:

I'd love to hear that one of the games turned into a LARP that took over the whole hotel! Mwuahaha!

Then you don't get to float.::P:

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Thanks for covering!

Probably some paint from a set that I bought because I wanted something else in that set. That would include some Armory paints that are ... hmm ... 30 years old at this point?

1 person likes this