Crowley

Getting to know each other, October edition

671 posts in this topic

10/3: Pumpkin Spice cleaning products...it just seems like asking for trouble.

6 people like this

22 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Tuesday, October 3rd:

What is the most ridiculous "Pumpkin Spice" item you've seen? Did you get it/try it? What's the craziest you can come up with?

Pumpkin Spice? Is that one of the Spice Girls?

9 people like this

I've seen pumpkin spice sausages. I did not partake. 

4 people like this

39 minutes ago, Crowley said:

What is the most ridiculous "Pumpkin Spice" item you've seen? Did you get it/try it? What's the craziest you can come up with?

Pumpkin spice cleaning products also. I've never tried pumpkin spice anything, aside from pies. The other foods that I appreciate those flavours in are called "Indian food".

16 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The cutest spice girl of them all!

8 people like this

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Pumpkin Spice Oreos. No, I did not try them.

Craziest I can come up with... hm... Would it be possible to make pumpkin spice deodorant? I think the cinnamon oil would burn...

8 people like this

20 minutes ago, Loim said:

I've seen pumpkin spice sausages. I did not partake. 

That doesn't sound so bad to me.

23 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Bwaahahahaha

Uhhh... craziest? Item not sure. Stereotypes unfolding before my eyes in the presence of pumpkin spice? Madness!

7 people like this

New novel:  Dune-The (Pumpkin) Spice Must Flow!

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

:lol: ::D: :lol:

3200bc-white_black-z1-t-spice-girls-memb

IDK, but the shirt ^ is available... :ph34r:

~£24.49

9 people like this

I'm to the point I'm ignoring pumpkin spice goods in favor of dashing after all the apple products I can get. I *have* once purchased pumpkin spice cider...regular cider is better, of course. Mmmm. Cider. 

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Don't think I ever had the opportunity to try it.

Do you even know how long it took me to realize there was no pumpkin in pumpkin spice?!

8 people like this

Sometimes there is - or there may be pumpkin flavoring. 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

One of the local breweries decided to make Scottish ale with pumpkin spice.  I bought a can at the store.  Haven't tried it yet.  (Need an evening when I won't be working.)

Craziest: Hm.  Pumpkin spice dish soap.

4 people like this

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Orly? :ik_oops: I have also been accused of making the "best" pumpkin pie (two of my main promoters are my husband and mom, so they're biased). But I am always interested in improvement. What do you do to make your pie excell? (Assuming you don't mind sharing/ have time to share.) 

Well, there's several distinguishing factors. first, I only ever rely on fresh pumpkin, baked and mashed (not pureed) myself. Nothing canned, nothing processed to a disgusting mushy gel. Second, I do not used the proscribed amount of nutmeg and cinnamon requested by most recipes. Third, I have to make mine diary free because of my wife's dairy allergy, and so there's no condensed milk. I have found other substitutes which taste incredible, and I will not divulge here. 

I have 2 pie pumpkins at home, so I can make 4 pies this year. That's about my limit, because it takes a long time to make everything by hand. It *might* be possible for me to bring some to ReaperCon to let some of you taste one of them, but I have no interest in a bake-off. I will simply change my claim pro-actively to "I make the best pumpkin pie in Denton"

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Pumpkin Spice Twinkies. Ew, no.

Pumpkin Spice personal lubricant is probably the most outlandish thing I can come up with.

11 people like this

On 03/10/2017 at 3:35 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Tuesday, October 2nd:

Pumpkin Spice season is upon us. What is your favorite autumnal food, drink, and treat?

Feijoa. Fresh feijoa, stewed feijoa with ice cream, feijoa jam, feijoa fresh fruit smoothie, feijoa crumble... all of it.

I was actually bummed out that I missed out on a month of the feijoa season when I went on my honeymoon.

Pumpkin spice really isn't much of a thing here. I think Starbucks does the lattes.

4 people like this

I don't think Pumpkin Spice has landed in this part of the world yet, or it has and I haven't noticed.

7 people like this