ShadowRaven

R.I.P. Tom Petty

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, while news is still sparse, it sounds like Tom Petty was taken to hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest, and stopped breathing. It sounds as if he has been taken off life support with zero brain function, though I have not been able to confirm that. It's a sad day, he was one of my musical heroes. My brother took me to a concert of his only a couple years back, one of those things that I will always hold dear. 

LAPD have confirmed to CBS, Tom Petty has left the building.  He didn't back down. 

Edited by ShadowRaven

:( 

Sad news.

Too much sad news lately it seems.

Sigh, articles are starting to pop up now.  Looks like we've lost another one...  /sadface

Aw, man... so sad.  And it's going to be a bad day for my wife when she finds out.  

Lots of songs across important moments in my life.  Will be missed.

Sad news just got sadder.

RIP

RIP Tom

One of the greats in the music industry & one of my favorite artists. 

RIP Mr Petty, you will be missed. 

I was lucky enough to get to see him on two separate occasions. 

3 people like this

Memories of '89-90 in high school. Don't remember the name of the album and the cassette is out at the farm and I'm not. Free falling, Don't back down and others will forever be stuck in my head and heart from then. Know who I'll be listening to today. RIP

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Zink said:

Memories of '89-90 in high school. Don't remember the name of the album and the cassette is out at the farm and I'm not. Free falling, Don't back down and others will forever be stuck in my head and heart from then. Know who I'll be listening to today. RIP

Oh yah, good stuf there!  Add in Runnin Down a Dream & you've got one of my favorite all time albums as well. "Full Moon Fever" is the album. I went to iheartradio to set up a station to listen to for some painting & they've turned one of their channels "Vinyl Classic Rock" into a all Tom tribute station right now.

Looks like it's a Tom Petty marathon today.

I'm really starting to feel old when all of the rock icons I grew up with keep dying.

RIP Tom.