Logos

The camel

17 posts in this topic

ONWARD!!!!!! 

Looking good!

That Camel looks great!

Looks great!  You have to be the busiest painter on this forum!  Keep going!

6 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Looks great!  You have to be the busiest painter on this forum!  Keep going!

Decided to have the stupid goal of doing the whole Bones line and documenting it........Why I don't know...Glutton for punishment?

5 people like this

17 minutes ago, Logos said:

Decided to have the stupid goal of doing the whole Bones line and documenting it........Why I don't know...Glutton for punishment?

Not stupid, ambitious!  I am trying to paint all of Wrath of Kings and I am just doing one of each in each pose (for example the Skorza Skirmishers is a set of nine figures but only 3 different poses, so I will paint one of each pose).  I thought I had a lot of work to do!  Just don't burn out and stay positive!

27 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Not stupid, ambitious!  I am trying to paint all of Wrath of Kings and I am just doing one of each in each pose (for example the Skorza Skirmishers is a set of nine figures but only 3 different poses, so I will paint one of each pose).  I thought I had a lot of work to do!  Just don't burn out and stay positive!

I usually just do it on the weekends and I listen to an audio book or watch something on twitch at the same time So I feel like I am getting something done and bing watching some stuff at the same time so it's great! lol.

Very well done.  I love it!  :wub:

2 hours ago, Logos said:

Also the fit of the pack is so good on the model I didn't bother to glue it on so now I have a camel that I can use as a wild animal and a pack animal.  

Sweet!  That was how I intended it to work.  The original green snapped into place when I was done, but one never really knows how things will change during the process of converting a green into a production model.  Different parts can shrink or warp slightly at different rates.  I am very glad these did not.

Andy

5 people like this

4 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Very well done.  I love it!  :wub:

Sweet!  That was how I intended it to work.  The original green just sort of snapped into place when I was done, but one never really knows how things will change during the process of converting a green into a production model.  Different parts can shrink or warp slightly at different rates.  I am very glad these did not.

Andy

Cool.  Don't suppose you guys have some donkeys, mules or horses in the works with this same kind of mechanic?  It works really well.  Like I said before I am defiantly picking up another 1 or 2 of these when they become officially available as a stand alone.  I am really loving the Mythos set and even though I didn't get it on the kick starter I managed to snag on of the box sets that has been showing up once in a while on the reaper site.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Logos said:

Cool.  Don't suppose you guys have some donkeys, mules or horses in the works with this same kind of mechanic? 

I don't and I can't speak for Reaper; I'm just a freelance sculptor, so I have no idea as to what they might have in the works with other sculptors.  I would suggest putting it as a request in the Minis We Would Like to See and Bones You'd Like to See threads. Reaper and the sculptors use those for ideas.

3 people like this

Good work on the camel and it's load of gear!

Staring at your camel for inspiration. I'm trying to paint some roman camel riders and this camel and not liking how they're turning out.

Posted (edited)

They have a pack donkey. It's by Guthrie. 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/donkey/latest/77402

Love the camel you painted.  I'm waiting for it's release to grab a few. ^__^

--- Edit --- 

I'll double check mine to see if it has the same backpack mechanic.

--- Edit --- 

Oops. It's not detachable.

Edited by pcktlnt

50 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

They have a pack donkey. It's by Guthrie. 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/donkey/latest/77402

Love the camel you painted.  I'm waiting for it's release to grab a few. ^__^

--- Edit --- 

I'll double check mine to see if it has the same backpack mechanic.

--- Edit --- 

Oops. It's not detachable.

Still an awesome Mule though! I need to buy more before my Ebay source runs out:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now