Mad Jack

Modern US Army Infantry

Who's making really accurate modern US Army infantry these days in 28-30mm? 

I want to paint up a figure for a guy at work who's in the Reserves, and I want the gear to be really accurate since I'm planning to paint it to look like him right down to the unit patches.

Preferably individual figures rather than sets or boxes, as I'm looking for something I won't end up spending double digits on even before shipping...

(The Reaper master Series 54mm guy is pretty scarce these days, and if I can find one I'd rather hold onto it for myself.)

• Like 1

In this scale it would be difficult at best to buy a single miniature. You are pretty much going to be restricted to buying packs of at least 4.

Lines you can look at are: Empress, The Assault Group, Black Scorpion and Hasslefree. I would hit Hasslefree first as they are your best option for being able to buy a single miniatures.

Hasslefree, Kev has some really amazing pieces. Depending on accuracy needed, USAriadna forces from Infinity have some cool models.

Seen any of the stuff from Eureka Miniatures?

They've got lots of different US Army soldiers, with LAWs, M-72, Stinger...  There's Force Recon, S.E.A.L, there's US Marines in EOD clearing gear...