fanguad

2017 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange

So I managed to hold off on opening mine until Christmas.

And I finally remembered to take a pic.

received.jpg.3e5efec02cfac4505fc3a0da71670637.jpg

A couple of pieces to add to my desperately needed Sci-Fi terrain, a funky alien bug that looks like a good target for my IMEF troopers I'm painting, a few new types of basing materials, and the oh so awesome CAV deck that I've been wanting (I like cards....a bit).  Not pictured were some delicious chocolates that I made the mistake of sharing with my wife before determining just how yummy they were......:blink:

Thanks so much Inarah!!

• Like 7

@Cyradis sent me a wonderful package!

It was full of lovely minis, paint, and some figures:

20171225_105304.thumb.jpg.305b6d462c3558006699e395cc20a2b9.jpg

best of all was this:

20171225_105614.thumb.jpg.f38bdb23201783d80464dac57abfb5cf.jpg

I've been playing in a GURPS super heroes game. My character is "Chu Toi".

Chu has intangibility and a 12 die lighting bolt attack.

I go intangible. Get behind a bad guy. BZZZT!

GM: "How many die are you going to use?"

ME: "ALL OF THEM."

GM: Grumble grumble grumble... get more henchmen...

What really drives my GM crazy is he's a martial artist with no martial art skills.

(I did buy a point of Karate to keep him happy)

Happy new year to all of you  :)

p.s. I did get my painted mini finished today. I will mail it out shortly.

I'm pleased with it and hope the recipient will like it too.

• Like 7

I am glad you like it, @Jay! The figure was fun to paint ^_^ I hope the chocolate is to your liking. It is a local company and I find it tasty. They put poetry on the inside of the wrappers! 

• Like 4

For everyone who hasn't sent their package, we're down to two weeks left.  Please try really hard to mail off your packages by then, and make sure to drop your organizer a line if you'll be late.

• Like 3

Since I'm back in town I checked my mail for the first time since Christmas to find all sorts of goodies, one of which was a mini.  Thanks partner!

Now I just need to finish mine up...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Auberon said:

Since I'm back in town I checked my mail for the first time since Christmas to find all sorts of goodies, one of which was a mini.  Thanks partner!

Now I just need to finish mine up...

Did the items contained in the letter make it through safely?  I posted a thread in Show Off of the finished mini.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fanguad said:

Did the items contained in the letter make it through safely?  I posted a thread in Show Off of the finished mini.

I had to continue going through mail...  two Ranger flats are still flat.  No easily damaged items were discovered.

• Like 2

My package is in the mail!

or at least at the post office.  

The sculpting kinda slowed me  down. Now I cant remember if it got a last coat of sealer - the person who gets it should spray it again, just to be sure. 

• Like 1

Packages are away!

Ill get tracking out shortly.  One of them has some assembly required to minimize damage in transit.

Everybody have a great first weekend of 2018 (followed unfortunately, by the first monday...)

• Like 3

Received mine from @Clearman. I love it!

20180105_123429.thumb.jpg.41927f5cc8a4a81524ba1e35e0b8d3f2.jpg

That dice bag is amazing for me, btw! I can't stand velvet like fabrics, so i can't use most dice bags! I love it!

I've also nearly bought the Giantesses a billion times! Thanks so much.

A close up of the big bad, Ms. Fire Giant Queen...

20180105_123714.thumb.jpg.8d244a1dad8a73c72fdbc7570577babc.jpg

• Like 11

bases complete.. need to seal and ship.. target is Tuesday... and then I wait for the snail mail to do its thing!

Edited by robinh
grammer
  • Like 3

Success!  I had an early finish and the Secret Sophie package is on its way to warmer climes!   Pity I couldn't box myself in as well ... Its -20C here without the wind chill (-4F for my american neighbours)

PS. Neighbours is spelled correctly!^_^

• Like 3

On 1/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, robinh said:

Success!  I had an early finish and the Secret Sophie package is on its way to warmer climes!   Pity I couldn't box myself in as well ... Its -20C here without the wind chill (-4F for my american neighbours)

PS. Neighbours is spelled correctly!^_^

That is entirely too cold. It was like 20F here and I was looking for a tauntaun for crawl in! 

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 1

Package received (it apparently cane last week but I wasn't home.

I will post pics this week.  Question: did a wolf come loose or is there an extra wolf?

I like the mini diorama and I love the orc merchant gift.  He was one of the few pieces I don't have.

Many thanks to the evil halfling!

• Like 5