Jump to content

Pochi

Anghela, Dwarf Mage

Recommended Posts

She is beautiful!  The blue highlighting makes it look like her dress is made of silk.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic. Really well painted, and the colors are amazing. 

 

The only critique I can offer, and it's very minor, because I think this looks great, is possibly more contrast on the skin. It's possibly just the photo, but a little more on the shadows in a few areas maybe. Again, I think it looks super great, and that's just me nitpicking (because I always like people to give me feedback on how I can be better).

 

Keep up the awesomeness, and keep posting the pics. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Citrine said:

She is beautiful!  The blue highlighting makes it look like her dress is made of silk.

Thank you! Her dress is pretty simple so lots of areas to practice shading and highlighting without being too fiddly. One of my favorite parts is her little belly. Haha!

 

20 minutes ago, Loim said:

This is fantastic. Really well painted, and the colors are amazing. 

 

The only critique I can offer, and it's very minor, because I think this looks great, is possibly more contrast on the skin. It's possibly just the photo, but a little more on the shadows in a few areas maybe. Again, I think it looks super great, and that's just me nitpicking (because I always like people to give me feedback on how I can be better).

 

Keep up the awesomeness, and keep posting the pics. 

You are absolutely right about the skin. I was having a hard time getting the shade color right and still having her appear to be pale skinned. It got to the point where I was afraid I was overworking it and afraid of having too many layers of paint and having her start looking blotchy. Not a nitpick at all! I appreciate the comments. It helps me know what things I am getting the hang of and what things I still need to work on! Thank you!

 

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

The hair is amazing.

Thank you! I can't take all of the credit. I use Marsya's post as a guide and modify it a bit with the colors I have. I have used it for a couple figures now and it is very helpful.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didn't overdo the highlights at all, she looks really, really great! The back of the skirt and the hair are the stand-outs.

I agree with Loim that the skin needs more contrast, especially next to the really great contrast that you got on the rest of the mini. I totally understand where you got tripped up though. Skin can be a total beast and easily overworked. It's a good thing to focus on practicing for anyone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! What a beauty! I think you did just the right thing with the highlights! Though she doesn't have all that much detail on her clothing, you managed to make her look amazing. I think with less highlights she may have looked a little more "boring". Fantastic painting :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

You didn't overdo the highlights at all, she looks really, really great! The back of the skirt and the hair are the stand-outs.

I agree with Loim that the skin needs more contrast, especially next to the really great contrast that you got on the rest of the mini. I totally understand where you got tripped up though. Skin can be a total beast and easily overworked. It's a good thing to focus on practicing for anyone.

I tried giving her freckles, didn't like it so painted over it. I got a spot of blue ink on her cheek, and painted over it. I usually add a little sanguine base and a little blue to my shade color. It just didn't look right. The regular unmixed skin tone looked too orange. I lightened the mix with the blue and sanguine in it and used it to shade and it was "ok". Yeah, I agree that the skin needed more contrast but it just wasn't working. I have a "few" more minis I can practice skin on. Haha!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, she is beautiful! The blue and purple color clothes is a very good choice, they contrast nicely with the gold. The hightlights on her dress and jewels, her hair, her eyes, the base as well are all very beautiful. She's definitively a noble mage. I think that the only thing tickling my eye was the piece of flock stuck to her dress. She's a cuty!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Wow, she is beautiful! The blue and purple color clothes is a very good choice, they contrast nicely with the gold. The hightlights on her dress and jewels, her hair, her eyes, the base as well are all very beautiful. She's definitively a noble mage. I think that the only thing tickling my eye was the piece of flock stuck to her dress. She's a cuty!

Thank you! The eyes....you are too kind. lol The right one...ugh! Of course I noticed the little sticky bit of flock as I was uploading the photos here. ::o: It tweezed right off so no dwarf mages were harmed in the flock removal! Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×