Sign in to follow this  

About this project

MODULAR DUNGEON is a brand-new construction kit to bring all your personal ideas of 3D dungeons to life. Due to its innovative design all wall elements have a three dimensional depth and are highly flexible. You may create spectacular dungeons, single rooms or just some wall / tile combinations. MODULAR DUNGEON is a low cost construction kit - so you can realise huge dungeon systems easily without spending a little fortune.

Fundamentally MODULAR DUNGEON consists of various different wall and floor tile elements suitable for 28 to 32 mm scale miniatures. A single tile is 30 mm x 30 mm big (1,18 inch x 1,18 inch), so that even miniatures striking dynamic poses fit comfortably onto a single tile. The height of all wall elements is 50 mm, the length is a multiple of the measurement of a paving tile: 30 mm, 60 mm , 90 mm or 120 mm (width 1-4, please see below). Additionally there are several special walls, corner pieces, door frames and columns – similar to a classic LEGO kit. You are able to build a variety of different 3D dungeons in a quick and easy way.

Each original master piece is handmade with particular care and much attention to detail and will be multiplied via castings with Stewalin. Stewalin is a synthetic, plastic-enriched moulding compound with excellent casting precision. It’s extremly hard and has a non-chalky surface. All MODULAR DUNGEON elements will be delivered white and unpainted. The elements can be glued together by using PVA / wood glue. For painting your elemets we recomment simple acrylic or disperion paints with a water base.

The BASIC SET: If you want to test the MODULAR DUNGEON set or plan to build 2-3 rooms, this set is perfect. Consisting of more than 50 floor and wall tiles it allows you to fill an area of roughly 40 cm x 24 cm (16 inch x 9,5 inch) with rooms and corridors. (The mentioned area might vary slightly, depending on your design.) Please note: With this BASIC SET you only get access to the video stretch goals of this campain. The BASIC SET will be offered for € 40,00 during the kickstarter campaign. The future retail price will be € 45,00 minimum.

The CORE SET: Use all the possibilities of the MODULAR DUNGEON system on offer. In comparison to the BASIC SET the CORE SET contains circa 40 more wall and floor elements and additionally several modular columns, a secret door and various damaged wall elements. The CORE SET has a total amount of 90 pieces to built 3-4 rooms or fill an area of roughly 55 cm x 30 cm (22 inch x 12 inch). The mentioned area might vary slightly, depending on your layout of rooms/corridors. And: The CORE SET gives you access to all kickstarter stretch goals. The price for the CORE SET will be on offer for € 55,00 only during the kickstarter campaign. It will be retailed for a minimum of € 60,00 later on.

The CORE SET PLUS: You want your dungeon to be equipped with matching accessories? Then the CORE SET PLUS is your best choice. For only € 30,00 more, you get additionally 2 statues, 2 treasure chests, 5 treasure piles, 7 wall mounted torches and 9 barrels. These accessories made of white metal and resin come from the German tabletop trader Thomarillion and would cost € 34,00 when ordered separately. So you save more than 10% on retail when ordered as part of the CORE SET PLUS. And: The CORE SET PLUS comes with all kickstarter stretch goals. The CORE SET PLUS will be offered at € 85,00 and won't be available after this kickstarter campaign.

Please note this hint: If you like to pledge multiple CORE SETS and wish to add one or more accessories sets, it’s very easy to do: Just add aditional € 30,00 for each accessories set you want to have in your pledge level. For example: You want to pledge for 3 CORE SETS and 2 accessories sets, it would be an amount of € 225,00 in total (3 x € 55,00 + 2 x € 30,00 = € 225,00).

• Like 1

First Created, but based in Germany, so lower shipping rates there.

Has a weekly show, so has some stake in getting the project fulfilled.

EDIT: See the Forge Prints Adventurescapes KS to see their dungeon tiles as well, particularly if you're in the US. 12 hours left.

Edited by ced1106

Use a 30mm increment will limit the audience to anyone not already using Dwarven Forge or Hirst Arts. Nice set, but not for me.

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 3

I love the irregular block look of the walls, and I would actually find some value in 30mm squares, simply because of games such as Iron Kingdoms (Warmachine, Hordes) and others where 30mm round bases have become the standard for human-sized models.  However, I've got too much of an investment in Hirst Arts and other tiles that are based on inch measurements.  Even if I can't fit a 30mm base within a one-inch square, the systems I've been playing allow for usage of tape measures anyway, so while I can see some value in 30mm squares, it's oddly off from anything remotely resembling a "standard" out there at present.

If these had been first on the market they might have become the standard. It's easy to convert inches into squares, and 30mm gives you a little wiggle room. But with DF and Hirst being so widely adoptes and compatible, I question if it will be embraced.

• Like 1

Like the look of it, but already invested in another system.  Would consider pledging just for the accessories if it was an option. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rotten
      Looks like a cool board game with unique minis.

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      In 1973, a study carried out by researchers from the University of Borghetto San Nicolò elaborated the "Scale of happiness" (or De Carli's Scale, by its creator's name), an order of magnitude which measures the happiness of a person on the basis of certain factors. Without going into details, the various studies correlated the proportion between the income of an individual and the extent of his collection of Dwarfs: in 94% of cases, it has been demonstrated that those who spend at least 42% of their income in Dwarf miniatures are on average happier than others.This discovery shocked the scientific community at that time, generating fierce debates and disputes, but everything was soon hushed up by the lobbies of fashion which saw in Elves a model of beauty more functional to their business. In defiance of the system and the standards imposed from above, we of the Durgin Paint Forge have worked hard for more than two years to realize a collection of Dwarfs that can allow you take a leap forward in your personal De Carli's Scale. This project is an act of love: we know how important it is for you to have awesome miniatures with which to widen your collection of dwarfs, and precisely for this reason we have endeavored to give you only our best. A spontaneous, visceral, loud and often inappropriate love: typically Italian, indeed. You will soon find that only a temporary restraining order may prevent us from loving you. In the meantime, sit down comfortably and enjoy excellence.
      Have an awesome Kickstarter!
      This project was born to finance the production of a range of élite Dwarfs, in wargame scale (our standard Dwarf is about 25mm tall). All our models are carved digitally, prototyped at a resolution of 15micron and made of high quality resin by Grx Créations. The range includes an initial set of 16 characters and the mascot of the group: a hunting bulldog (well, at least when he doesn't sleep!).
       Resin copies sample by Grx Créations:
       3d Masters (15micron res.):
      Behind all our dwarves there is a story, such as behind each hero there is an epic origin. And Dwarves are heroes (at least, female ones, which have to give birth to such big-heady creatures!). This booklet contains everything you need to know about the Dwarves of Kazhuk Izril, a little gem entirely illustrated with a beautiful ink art, and written by one of the most famous adventurers of Inneath: Inigo da Lucci! The first version of this booklet is planned to have approx. 60 pages (A5 format), but if this project goes well, more pages will be added to keep on telling this tale!
      There are three ways in which you can recruit our Dwarfs: the bundles, the purchase of individual miniatures of your choice and the mixed salad (bundles + the addition of individual miniatures). To prevent you from any form of stress, incompatible with the objectives of the De Carli's Scale, we forced our gnome slav -er, employees, to create some specific tutorials so you can manage your rewards without problems.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      got a 3D printer, or access to a friends, or one at a library or university this might be for you

With this project I will be bring you a collection of Sci-Fi Vehicles and Artillery to be used in whatever tabletop game you choose. With more vehicles being added as stretch goals are hit. All sculpts will be supplied as 3d printable STL files.

Why am I doing this project?

My passions are sculpting, 3d printing and wargames. I wanted to be able to field the sort of armys I wanted without breaking the bank. So I started sculpting the sort of models I needed. After sculpting quite a range I decided to bring it to Kickstarter to enable me to further expand the range.

I have a Patreon page were I produce sculpts for my backers each month as well as a website where you can see some of my past work. So you can be sure I have the knowledge required to deliver printable files, and can be trusted to deliver them in a time frame.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/Duncan_shadow

Scale: The default scale of my files is 32mm / 28mm Heroic, but Being 3D Files they can be scaled up or down.

What do I get?

As soon as the kickstarter has ended and funds cleared you will receive 3d Printable files in a stl format. You can print as many of the figures on your home printer as you want, or send the files to a external printer to do the printing for you.

The kickstarter includes 7 vehicles 1 walker and 2 artillery pieces, with extra weapon options, (see below) to start with, more sculpts being unlocked in the near future.

Main battle tank comes with multiple turret, hull and sponson guns.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS. When you contribute to This campaign, you will receive STL files for the models as per your selected pledge. The pledge files will be delivered May 2018, with successful stretch goals arriving later. You can print these files for your personal use, but you may not sell the printed items for profit or distribute the digital 3D models/files to other parties.
    • By SamuraiJack
      Explore the Adorable 
      If you are unfamiliar with the Baby Bestiary, prepare to "aww" and "squee" as we reveal to you how adorable your favorite monsters can be. 
      What is the Baby Bestiary?
      The Baby Bestiary is an award-winning, systemless art and lore book, that teaches its readers how creatures reproduce, how to care for its egg (if they lay eggs) and how to rear one if you are bold enough to try.
      The book has no stats or charts, leaving it as an amazing coffee-table book that can truly be appreciated by any gamer, no matter what you play. If you're an avid gamer, there is plenty of information that a crafty GM can make workable into their campaign (and if you're playing 5e, you're in luck, see the digital goodies). 
      The book is all about the cute and, need I say more
      elder godspawn  
      treant sapling Which beasts are in the book?
      Volume 1 exploring 32 creatures:
      Basilisk, Blink Dog, Bulette, Centaur, Cerberus, Chimera, Cockatrice, Couatl, Dragon, Elementals, Eyelings, Gelatinous Cubelet, Gnolls, Griffins, Hippocampus, Kirin, Kitsune, Kobold, Leviathan, Manticore, Mimic, Minotaur, Nightmare, Owlbear, Phase Kitten, Phoenix, Rakshasa, Rust Monster, Sphinx, Titan, Treant and Wyvern
      Volume 2 exploring 41 creatures:
      Aboleth, Baku, Beithir, Bugbear, Djinayni, Dragon Turtle, Ember Demon, Godspawn, Enfield, Gargoyle, Harpy, Hippogriff, Hound Archon, Hydra, Kraken, Lighting Lizard, Lizardfolk, Medusa, Myconid, Naga, Ogre Magi, Orc, Otyugh, Pegasus, Peryton, Pseudodragon, Purple Worm, Remorhaz, Satyr, Sealion, Shambling Tuffet, Shrieker, Simurgh, Tarasque (the french one), Tatzelwurm, Troglodyte, Troll, Umbral Erebect, Unicorn, Wolpertinger, Xorn 
      Chimera Pup  
      Owlbear Cubs  
      Dragon Turtlette  
      Shambling Tuffet Collectors Slipcase
      art by Vincent Yau, though we hope to do new art for this collectrs slipicase! The collectors' edition is a hard-slipcase for you to store and protect your lovely Baby Bestiary handbooks! We do a very limited run of these and if we can hit the right goals, get some fresh art to make this run even more special!
    • By SamuraiJack
      The Dryad Tower & Tray in Ambrosia Maple, Purpleheart, and Leopardwood  The Dryad Gaming Co. Dice Tower & Tray is an extremely durable, obsessively made, and elegantly simple accessory for tabletop and role-playing games. 
      My name is Ty.  I'm a professional woodworker, specializing is small products, made from domestic and exotic hardwoods.  I also love playing games.  That's why I've created Dryad Gaming Co. 
      If you're a fan of Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, or other role-playing games, you're familiar with dice towers, and how they can improve your gaming experience. They keep your rolls random, on the table, and quick.  We all know that dice towers & trays are great, but there are a few things that set the Dryad towers & trays apart:
      1. Real, Traditional Woodworking Joinery:  Constructed using actual woodworking joints, these towers and trays can hold up to bumps and tumbles.  The wood glue I use is among the toughest available.  These also do not use any magnets or "non-traditional" fasteners that can be defeated by a rogue elbow. 
      2. Built for travel:  At around 6 and half inches tall, these are smaller than most dice towers on the market. These take up very little space, and can easily be tucked away in a bag or purse.  The Dryad Tower also isn't so big that you can't see your friends or battlemap. 
      3. Durable and Perfect for Metal Dice:  In addition to the tough construction of the Dryad Tower & Tray, it is also finished with an incredibly durable oil-urethane blend. The finish has resins that penetrate the wood fibers and harden.  The finish looks and feels great.  Oh, and it's totally safe to roll metal dice in these!
      All fourteen Dryad Towers & Trays  
      Every Tower & Tray is Available in 14 Different Hardwoods
      The Naiad Series includes White Oak, Maple, Walnut, Ambrosia Maple, and Cherry.  Nothing has been dyed or stained; the wood is naturally this beautiful.
      The Naiad Series  
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)