wdmartin

77279: Narthrax the White with hoard

AMAZING!! Great job!! Make sure to add him to the reaper large figures contest on the forum with the best 4 pics. ::D: 

@Bane Of Humanity -- the coins are made of green stuff.  I made little sausages of it and sliced off rounds after it was cured.  Full details in the WIP thread linked in the first post.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone!  It's ridiculously gratifying after all the work. ^_^

• Like 2

Really great work. I've enjoyed watching the WiP thread; this is quite a dragon. I love the white you achieved on him, and the work you did on the base is awesome.

I'm looking forward to finishing my Narthrax eventually...also a white, but rather a different look. Still my favorite dragon Reaper has yet produced.

• Like 1

Simple amazing. I was following the WIP and I'm still astounded at how well it turned out. :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      Learning from my previous forays into blending with wings, I decided to try for something more challenging.  In doing this, I learned that sometimes the parts of bigger minis don't fit together as well as one hopes, which in this case resulted in some  improvisation, especially around the foot/base socket and the wings.  But I am enjoying how he came out.  He was wondrously bumpy.  :-)

• By Citrine
      I had finished the dragon in December last year, but I still had the base to work on. Finally finished this brand new looking clockwork dragon painted with metallic paints and my favorite blue, Nightmare Black this weekend.  I still have another, thinking of doing a rusty/tarnished version sometime.

• By spitfire23bc
      This one was painted up in a bit of a hurry for a D&D game. I'm pleased with the overall effect (especially the wing colouring), but I'd like to have taken a bit more time to make the scales pop. The wings were airbrushed to get the smooth blending; the rest was done with a hairy stick. Mostly Peacock Green, Brilliant Green and Viper Green, I think. With some yellow mixed in for highlights and a darker olive shade for the darker bits.

The broken tower was made with a sheet of cork - i cut a load of blocks and made the edges a bit ragged, then did a lot of drybrushing and washing. The trailing vines came from a bag of lichen which got some brown wash to make it look slightly less pleasant.

• By Citrine
      After 6 months of painting 4-10 hours a week on this monster, I am finally finished with Reaper Bones Ma'al Drakar 77580.  

WIP Here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78573-citrine-tries-to-tackle-maaldrakar-77580/&tab=comments#comment-1668344

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening folks,

So here is one I just finished up, a really old school Partha Piece, don't recall her original name, but she's some kind of sorceress or Dragon Lady. Sculpted by Tom Meier, this one didn't have a year on the bottom, but I think this was probably sculpted originally 1977-1979 or so.  I did the base as just one flat blue color, that as I look at it, I'm regretting. I might go back and do a little something with it. I didn't want to do a natural, grass and dirt base, because I didn't want to hide any of the dragon, who is not too large.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)