Followers 0
wdmartin

Freeport Lizard Man

11 posts in this topic

lizard-man-01.jpg.9fe278d5246d8287d42140a4817c6f3a.jpg

lizard-man-02.jpg.8eeddbd91cd788623cd9d02702f12717.jpg

lizard-man-03.jpg.b8c1ca7eb11bee24a8a2d58b1b80afdd.jpg

lizard-man-04.jpg.d430fd54a97114ba5a27e276905afb43.jpg

This is the recovery piece from Narthrax.  After the excruciatingly long process of building the base and painting that huge model, I wanted something short, sweet, and simple.  This figure, which I acquired as part of the Freeport Kickstarter, fit the bill nicely.  The hardest part was attaching his arms, after which I did a base coat (Jungle Camo for the upper half, Blond Hair the the belly), a couple of washes, and some minimal highlighting.

The base -- which is from Micro Arts Studio -- I had already painted earlier, back when I was working on Nyrissa.  So all I had to do on that part was attach him.

22 people like this

Posted (edited)

nice job

Edited by Tjrez

That is a SPLENDID looking Lizard Lad...I love the long neck. You did an OUTSTANDING job with brush & palette on both the mini & the base. VERY NICELY DONE!

Nice. I like the unique longer necked lizard man. 

Good paint job!

FREEPORT? As in Everquest I/II freeport? Man, I would love some EQ inspired mini's (I mean other then the pewter ones they have offered in the past)

Great job, those scales looks awesome :3

Yup, you nailed it alright! The scales and underbelly all speak lizard. Could a light gloss varnish add to that effect, I dont know. Might be worth a try.. 

Also, were the green vine like things part of the original base or did you attach them yourself? If so, what did you use (it looks awesome by the way)?

@Ratmaster2000 -- sadly, no, not EverQuest.  This is Freeport, City of Pirates, an extremely detailed city designed for use in d20 based games.  It started out in 3.5, and then they did a Kickstarter to port it to Pathfinder.  This was a promo mini that got made as part of that, by Eastern Front Studios.

@VolksFest -- the green vines were part of the base.  It's from Micro Art Studios.  Or I thought it was -- I went looking for it on their site and couldn't find it again.  Hrm.  Anyway, everything was built in from the start, which made it pretty challenging to attach anything else to it.  Fortunately this guy's dainty feet fit neatly into the two open spots on the base.

1 person likes this

LIZARD!

I love Reptilian minis...

Great job!