Nameless

77279: Narthrax

14 posts in this topic

Oh, I liked this one in the contest. I like how you used green in the shading on the wings.

I do have a question though. Was there a reason why you did not continue with the red on the back spikes? It looks good the way you have it. I just wondered about it when I saw it in the contest as most people (me included) would probably have done the spikes head to tail along the back in the red.

Nice color choices, nice shading and highlighting. I will have to remember the way you shaded the wings, that is really nice.

2 people like this

great job. your shading on the wings looks really cool

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Pochi said:

I do have a question though. Was there a reason why you did not continue with the red on the back spikes? It looks good the way you have it. I just wondered about it when I saw it in the contest as most people (me included) would probably have done the spikes head to tail along the back in the red.

Two reasons ::): First, because most people would :poke: I;m one of these guys going left whenever people start turning right ::):

Second, probably more important - those spikes get smaller to the back and there is this point where it seemed to me that next "spikes" were actually scales.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's very beautiful. I especially like the wings and the bright green tail scales.

It's nice to see it from different angles, the last picture brings a stunning perspective of the wings.

Edited by Metalchaos
2 people like this

8 hours ago, Nameless said:

Two reasons ::): First, because most people would :poke: I;m one of these guys going left whenever people start turning right ::):

Second, probably more important - those spikes get smaller to the back and there is this point where it seemed to me that next "spikes" were actually scales.

It looks good. It caught my attention and made me have a good look at him since he was different. Like I said, it just made me wonder. Only being able to have one photo for the contest was so hard!

1 person likes this

yeah, it's not easy to find a good angle to show as much as possible of such a big model on just one pic... well, these are the specifics of a facebook contest, I guess ::):

Anyway, thanks all for nice comments. Love painting Reaper dragons, still have some more :wub:

4 people like this

Beautiful Dragon!

1 person likes this

Excellent paint job!

1 person likes this

Classic beautifull dragon.. one of the best I have seen.

1 person likes this

Super cool!  I really like your color selection!