21 posts in this topic

The pink was an excellent choice!  Fantastic paint job! 

1 person likes this

I like the vibrancy of the green ichor splattered everywhere.  Any particular paint/technique you used on that?

1 person likes this

WOW.

I love her!!! :wub:

1 person likes this

She turned out so awesome. I love the monster bits all over the base and the green slime! I really like how you went for a different take on her armor. Who says you can't be girly and kick butt at the same time? Haha! I also like how the green on her top seems textured, like scales or something. Very well done!

2 people like this

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, I'm happy you like her.

7 hours ago, wdmartin said:

I like the vibrancy of the green ichor splattered everywhere.  Any particular paint/technique you used on that?

For the monster's blood, I simply mixed white glue and 09294, Alien Goo color. I mixed until it started to get thick, then I applied it.

2 people like this

This was definitely one of my favorites during the competition!

1 person likes this

great job. I really like the goo and your color scheme was awesome

1 person likes this

There is some serious vying for attention between Babe, Shield, & Base that somehow does not detract in the slightest from a GLORIOUS IMAGINATIVE creation. That your brushwork & eye for colors are OUTSTANDING is self evident. The WONDERFUL attention to details on the base is inspired & inspiring. BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE!

1 person likes this

Very cool!!!

1 person likes this

Thanks for your comments everyone. Malefactus, you alway have that very literary phrasing which fascinates me. I would like to have the same ease in verbalize my thoughts. Thanks for your colorful appreciation, it enlightened my day.

3 people like this

Wow! This is pure mastery at all levels. I simply adore your mini! 

1 person likes this

Awesome. This really has a John Blanche vibe to it. And that is a compliment. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Awesome. This really has a John Blanche vibe to it. And that is a compliment. 

Wow! John Blanche... It definitely got to have something to do with the sculpt. However, I'm happy you like my paint job, thanks for the compliment.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      For your consideration: Reaper Bones miniature Female Anti-Paladin.

It wasn't until I started on my idea for the shield that I realized that *it* was the Main Character. Not exactly a daemon-possessed sword, but a symbiotic relationship none-the-less. Extravagant tone with bright, decadent colors. She-Hulk for the hair.  Massive Voodoo for the dots. (More dots!) My cat Zen for the eyes. (He's a Tom.) Lots of non-textured areas to tell a story. Great player character or reoccurring NPC. 
      A lesson of extreme - in Color and form. The armor was protective but the clothing was tattered like a torn mesh bodysuit. Heavy straps encircled limbs and the armored boots formed like hooves. Toothy maw adornment on the armor hints at hunger. A very introspective Pin-Up.

I hope you enjoy. :)

• By Darcstaar

This is was my entry for the 4th quarterly Reaper Facebook contest.  It was good enough for 3rd place!

There were so many well painted models, and awesome interpretations.

As I was planning it, my starting idea was copper nmm.  I didn't want the typical verdigris.  Then I thought a bluish or purple to counter the orange, so that got me thinking Drow with purple glazed into her shadows. 

Then I took that farther to try to get OSL in her eyes, shield, and base as if she was casting 'protection from good' or something.

Sadly, the OSL was saved to the end when I ran out of time.  So I tried a bright rim around those areas, then a purple glaze.  It wasn't striking enough for my tastes, but ... deadlines!

So, I hope you like her.

Sorry if the photo is blurry, it's a cell phone screen grab.

C&C welcome.
    • By Jeswise Gamgee
      This is my first post.
      I'm relatively new at this, I've painted fewer than 10 minis, but I really like it.

I have Multiple Sclerosis so my hands shale and my vision gets... weird... sometimes, so I tend to take an incredibly long time. 

Here's a recap of the last 17 hours:

My friend I am doing this for is playing a character with only 1 axe, so I removed the second one with wire cutters and used modeling putty to fix where I marred the coat. Still a bit rough.
      I might put a dagger in his hand or something. Not sure. 

I found that I need to do their faces first because if I mess up a face on an already painted body it is hard to strip and start over.

I noticed that what I thought was hair was actually little robe-orniments so I painted them copper.

All his leather belts and buckles were really hard on my hands!

I didnt want him to look too much like Thor, so I decided he's a warm-colors kind of guy.

I need to learn how to make the metal look reflective like some of you do!

The horn on his back is 'Horn of Gondor' colors. 

Good ol 'pencil for scale' picture for a friend.

He probably will take me another 6 hours or so to finish, but I had to quit to sleep for now.

Taking time to look or comment means a lot to me, you guys are great. 
      Thanks!

Hope I can finish him tomorrow! 

Why do 2 pictures keep randomly loading below this point? I keep deleting but they just come back. Halp!

(Duplicate pics removed by OneBoot :) )

• By jonaas33
      This is the very first fig that I ever bought, 8 or 9 years ago.  It was for my first D&D session with some close friends, and I fell in love with the game on the spot.  This character has gone through a lot: demonic armor possession, lost both of his eyes, had a hole punched through his chest, died 3 times, came back as a zombie, body taken over by a lich, and currently resurrected in the body of a half-ogre.  I have a new fig for the character and his new body, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.  I finally got around to painting him over the weekend.  His eyes are a little googly, and the attempt at highlighting didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I'm glad he turned out OK.  Tips on highlighting would be most appreciated, as that's what I was trying out on this one.  Thanks as always!

• By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)