She turned out so awesome. I love the monster bits all over the base and the green slime! I really like how you went for a different take on her armor. Who says you can't be girly and kick butt at the same time? Haha! I also like how the green on her top seems textured, like scales or something. Very well done!

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, I'm happy you like her.

7 hours ago, wdmartin said:

I like the vibrancy of the green ichor splattered everywhere.  Any particular paint/technique you used on that?

For the monster's blood, I simply mixed white glue and 09294, Alien Goo color. I mixed until it started to get thick, then I applied it.

• Like 2

There is some serious vying for attention between Babe, Shield, & Base that somehow does not detract in the slightest from a GLORIOUS IMAGINATIVE creation. That your brushwork & eye for colors are OUTSTANDING is self evident. The WONDERFUL attention to details on the base is inspired & inspiring. BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments everyone. Malefactus, you alway have that very literary phrasing which fascinates me. I would like to have the same ease in verbalize my thoughts. Thanks for your colorful appreciation, it enlightened my day.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Awesome. This really has a John Blanche vibe to it. And that is a compliment. 

Wow! John Blanche... It definitely got to have something to do with the sculpt. However, I'm happy you like my paint job, thanks for the compliment.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dunker79
      It has been a while, but I am back with another mini from Reaper. This time its a Blood Stone Gnome, which I tried to paint up as a goblin. Hope you all like it. Any C&c is welcomed.

• By Crowley
      So after giving  a good scrub with warm soapy water, gluing him to a base, and base coating with Brown Liner, I drybrushed his armor with shadowed steel, painted his eyes, blocked in face, and hair, and then went to town with the cloak and shield. 

The shield is Dragon Bronze as the base, and the greens and blues are blends of Oceanic Blue, Viper Green, and Linen White and Pure Black. 

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all,

so just finished this one, another really fun and adventurous Dwarf sculpted by Jim Johnson back in 2002-2003. Another piece from the Hackmaster line from Kenzer and Company, but was acquired by Ral Partha and now being cast by them.  Hopefully dwarfy enough colors, started out with his skin as tanned highlights and gave him some nice black hair.  I thought about doing something with the runes on his axe but then just figured I'd leave them as metal.

Enjoy!
    • By OneBoot
      We all knew this day would come eventually. The day where OneBoot tosses the very few marbles she has left into the ocean and throws herself in after them. The blank 4th spot in my lovely Goblin Challenge signature badge has been glaring at me for several months now, and my personal circumstances have now aligned to allow me to attempt this, my final Challenge.

For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to his Kaladrax thread that started it all: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip/&

The short version of the rules is that I will be painting up Dragons Don't Share - 2014 edition in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0.

Here's the long version of the rules:

You are all invited to join me in my descent into further madness! But only if you bring chocolate and gummy worms.  

On a personal note, out of all 4 Goblin Challenges, this is actually the one I've been the most nervous about all along (yes, even more so than Ma'al Drakar). Those adventurers are likely to prove to be 5 lovely little time sinks for me, and I'll have to concentrate very hard not to get caught up in all those beautiful details on them! But who knows, maybe it'll end up being the terrain that eats all my time and sanity; we get to find out together!

My general plan is as follows:
      The first couple of days will focus on brown linering and basecoating ALL THE THINGS, while also putting on faces and eyes while my hands are still fairly steady. I will work primarily on the adventurers the first few days, but will take 'breaks' to work on the terrain and the dragon in between to let my eyes and hands relax a bit from the tiny work. My aim is to finish the adventurers by the end of Day 4, or at least get them to "good enough" status; fun fiddly detail bits can be added after this point if I have time, but even without those the figures could be declared done. My final day will likely be focused on finishing up the terrain, and possibly the dragon's wings. Not sure about that yet, but that's what I anticipate.  
      Started: April 3rd 2018, 4:00pm PDT
      Finished: April 10th 2018, 8:17am PDT
      Show-off thread:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.

I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

Details:

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• Who's Online   44 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)