Metalchaos

10012, Kaladrax the Dire Drake (heavy pictures)

*** Drools***

That's awesome!

Love the conversion and the base is very fitting.

I wished I could find one of these at a reasonable price..

Can always use another Undead Dragon.

• Like 2

If we rely on what's written under the picture, I would say the Bones version of Kaladrax is no longer available as well.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/77192 Historical inclusion. No longer available from us at all.

However, I remember there is a new Skeletal Dragon in the Bones 4 Kickstarter.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, robinh said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historical inclusion. No longer available from us at all.

That sounds like discontinued to me!

26 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

If we rely on what's written under the picture, I would say the Bones version of Kaladrax is no longer available as well.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/77192 Historical inclusion. No longer available from us at all.

However, I remember there is a new Skeletal Dragon in the Bones 4 Kickstarter.

Jinx, you owe me a coke.

LadyStorm brings good news:

77192 Kaladrax has been discontinued. 

Watch for a release of 87192 Kaladrax Seconds before the end of the year.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 2

I sit corrected and now I have to wait for the New Year to see what the 87192 looks like...  Sigh!

• Like 1

The bleached bone and old leather look is great! The base is also SO good! The crackle effect making the ground looked so parched is very realistic. Well done!

• Like 2

Thanks for your comment Pochi, I appreciate. It was my first take at crackle paste and I like it alot. I will definitely use that product again.

• Like 3

That looks really cool, your wings look very realistic and it goes well with the whole color scheme

• Like 1

This is sooo cool!  I love it!

I will offer one critique, although it is very small.  The material you used to create the tumble weed is great and they look like tumble weed but I think they are maybe a little too white.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      The thing I like about WIP forums is the additional motivation it gives me to get projects done.  I've been working on this one for a while and have been horrifically stalled.  I was playing a fighter in a D&D campaign.  She started as a crossbow wielder.

But because the party had no tank, she had to armour-up to survive.  And she got a horse.

Then I sensibly figured that she should ride the horse... so a conversion began.  But then of course the character got killed and motivation dropped to, well, zero.  Here is the story of that conversion, as yet incomplete, but which I intend to finish.  No longer will she sit on my shelf of shame. 

I bought another Finari to desecrate convert.  I also got this figure to provide the horse/lower torso.   14177: Onyx Chevalier,Overlords Solo

Torso severed preserving her belt.  Sword was removed preserving the hilt and shield removed.  It took me quite a while to decide where to cut and what to preserve.

All the parts fitted and laid out for assembly.  After fitting them together I realized the sword on the saddle just wouldn't work so I removed it and made a new one out of greenstuff using the preserved hilt I removed in the first step.

Primed and base-coated.  And moved from the shelf of shame to the front of the 'must complete' row.

• By Lyssa
      Hi, my name is Lyssa and this is my first time having the guts to post a mini on here. 

She’s not my first mini ever, but one of my rare few humanoids. She’s a pc for my fiancee in our new Star Wars campaign started. She also requested that the white markings be obviously painted on similar to The Clone Wars show. 

Also my first completed mini of 2k18!

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all and happy new year!

Here are two figures I recently finished that Ral Partha has re-released, a ranger and a female fighter.  The ranger was sculpted by Jim Johnson and the fighter was Bob Olley.  Fun figures to paint, kind of bulky and a larger scale than the old Partha stuff I'm usually working on.

and just for fun, I took a close up of the lady's face, because it always seems to happen that when a character has something raised over his head, the detail becomes smaller because your picture is so much higher:

Anyhow, really enjoyed painting these figures, loads of fun, full of personality and a good hefty size.  And they're metal, which is another plus for me!

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I don't use huge Fire Giants in Pathfinder, but I ordered this guy with the intention of converting him into a demon or devil. At Origins this year, Reaper was selling blisters of bits, and one set was a bunch of wings, which included the wings from Bones 2's Orcus stand in (77316), so I slapped those on there, along with the forms from 77315 Fire Demon. I got a bit of a Green Goblin (from Ultimate Spider-Man) vibe, so I used purple as an accent color and made his hammer sort of fire-heated. The base includes some sculpted clay to round out the base.

• By Metalchaos
      Kaladrax and the wand of death, turning those it slays into undead horrors.

I modified this first edition of 10012, Kaladrax so that it looks like he's giving an order pointing its left index at an enemy or direction. I also converted the bones of the right hand and added a Wand of death in his closed fist. The Wand of death comes from Reaper's 10005, The Court of Abyst boxed set. On the base, I used natural rocks, Army Painter Wasteland Tuft and natural dry lichen as tumbleweed.

10012, Kaladrax the Dire Drake was sculpted by Jim Johnson. The 03815 Skeletal Halfling, 03816 Skeletal Elf, 03817 Skeletal Dwarf and 03820 Skeletal Minotaur were all sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• Who's Online   45 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)