Metalchaos

10012, Kaladrax the Dire Drake (heavy pictures)

21 posts in this topic

*** Drools***

That's awesome!

Love the conversion and the base is very fitting.

I wished I could find one of these at a reasonable price..

Can always use another Undead Dragon.

2 people like this

So I went to see if the main site had any pics of the sculpt as-is, and nothing comes back searching for Kaladrax...

Is the Bones one discontinued as well?

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

So I went to see if the main site had any pics of the sculpt as-is, and nothing comes back searching for Kaladrax...

Is the Bones one discontinued as well?

no it is still there

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/77192

2 people like this

If we rely on what's written under the picture, I would say the Bones version of Kaladrax is no longer available as well.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/77192 Historical inclusion. No longer available from us at all.

However, I remember there is a new Skeletal Dragon in the Bones 4 Kickstarter.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, robinh said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historical inclusion. No longer available from us at all.

That sounds like discontinued to me!

26 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

If we rely on what's written under the picture, I would say the Bones version of Kaladrax is no longer available as well.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/77192 Historical inclusion. No longer available from us at all.

However, I remember there is a new Skeletal Dragon in the Bones 4 Kickstarter.

Jinx, you owe me a coke.

LadyStorm brings good news:

77192 Kaladrax has been discontinued. 

Watch for a release of 87192 Kaladrax Seconds before the end of the year.

Edited by pinkymadigan
2 people like this

I sit corrected and now I have to wait for the New Year to see what the 87192 looks like...  Sigh!

1 person likes this

I weep, yet rejoice in the one I have.

4 people like this

The bleached bone and old leather look is great! The base is also SO good! The crackle effect making the ground looked so parched is very realistic. Well done!

2 people like this

Thanks for your comment Pochi, I appreciate. It was my first take at crackle paste and I like it alot. I will definitely use that product again.

3 people like this

VERy very cool!!

1 person likes this

The addition of the staff is inspired. Nice work. 

2 people like this

That looks really cool, your wings look very realistic and it goes well with the whole color scheme

1 person likes this

This is sooo cool!  I love it!

I will offer one critique, although it is very small.  The material you used to create the tumble weed is great and they look like tumble weed but I think they are maybe a little too white.  Just a thought.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      I didn't need a dracolisk, but I am always looking for small dragons to use in games. 
      I bought this guy retail with the idea of cutting off his middle legs and re-sculpting him, in fact I lost track of the fact that I had one and bought a second. 

One leg was unattached to I cut down the area around the socket and filled it with greenstuff. The other leg I cut off completely and cut down the plastic then cut the scale pattern in.  Cutting down was harder than sculpting up.  I was prepping the dragon for the "Paint Your Dragon Contest"  so I have no pictures of the process.  The base is removable, as I had planned for more elaborate detail. 
      I hadn't quite got him to done, but was throwing a layer of sealer over him so I didn't have to worry as much about handling, and I frosted him badly.

Adding a layer of brush on gloss sealer helped, but the non-gloss sealer I tried did nothing, resulting in more weird patches. 
      despondent I moved on to other miniatures including another dragon, who was way more fun to paint (Insomnia, for the random rainbow challenge) 
      I retouched his wings, darkening them which made him look more like a black dragon, rather than grey.  and left the high gloss, cause why not.  The wing veins also never quite worked out.  So downplaying them was a plus.  

After lots of bugging from minispawn,  I declared him done, and turned him over for her to play with.  She named him Patches. yeah that fits. 

before frosting and glossing : 

• By GlenP
      Oh, stop, I mean the piece, not the girl...

This is Nemrod's flat resin pinup bust 'Sattheen' who is described as a girl wearing a tophat and corset. Because the piece is resin, it's considerably thicker than the traditional metal piece, presumably to prevent warping. The facing detail is quite small in terms of depth and very close to traditional flats. The master was sculpted by French artist Ivan Durand who also sculpted my 'Redhead Flat' buried back in the Reaper archives.

Since I sometimes have issues with leaving well enough alone, I decided to convert this piece into something more along the lines of a Steampunk bust. I've shortened the tophat, added the mandatory goggles (plastic tubing/putty), removed the necklace and added a choker (scribing/sheet plastic/putty), altered and added details to the corset (scribing/sheet plastic), and hollowed out her upper left arm to create a mechanical arm. The gizmology is composed of watch gears, plastic rod and sheet, and bolt head sliced from octagonal plastic rod. The plan is to use thin sheet plastic to build the outer skin of the arm, but leave the mechanical bits visible. This is what I've got so far...

Glen

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      so here are two figures I just finished recently from Ral Partha.
      The first one is from the Larry Elmore set Bones of the Past, I think sculpted by Jeff Grace, which was based off a painting Larry Elmore did I think perhaps for a book cover.  I tried to actually use the same color scheme on my mini as showed up in the painting, but I ended up changing up the belt because in the painting it was red and she already had red details and pants.

I did the other figure a wile back ago, the gal with the purse, loincloth and little else.  Here's the link to that one: 
      I think, that linked up okay.

Then here is another figure I did, Jee-Anna the armored warrior priest (ess) a figure sculpted by Jim Johnson quite a while back ago.  I really like this figure and wanted to give her just dark, blacks and greys, so hopefully with this color scheme I ended up getting what I wanted.  With the base, I ended up sculpting some more stones because it was one of those stone floor bases.

Anyway, hope you enjoy them!

• By Argentee
      This is the second of the Dragonmen conversions I did for a friend who wanted winged dragonmen for a game. He wanted a Black Dragon and a Red one, so I made the red the larger of the two. The wings were donated from the 77261 Bat Demon. The black dragonman is over here.

• By Argentee
      A good friend of mine since college is playing in a D&D based game that he wanted some winged dragonmen for. This is the first of two conversions I did for him. The base figure is 77060. and the wings came from Troll Slayer Sophie. Sorry, Sophie! These are just to a tabletop standard, as they will be used for gaming.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)