Nerali Bust - ReaperCon!

Quick hair tests. I don't actually want a natural red, so I'm not really sure which to do.

Left: Natural red hair

Middle: Natural red hair with red wash

Right: Fire colors

Edit: Hair Colors. I'm liking the Fire Red/Cinnamon Red wash the most in the middle.

Not pictured, black hair: Nightshade Purple, Stormy Gray, Spectral White.

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 4

The middle one gives the most surreal impression to me. The red seems to be reading more actual red, than natural red-head on that one, imo. The others seem like they're natural red-heads with black dye. All are pretty. :poke:

• Like 1

I love all the testing you are doing! I probably need to try this. Also, your bust turned out amazing (I almost asked you where you got it, before I remembered you sculpted her). Good luck on the continuation!

• Like 1

Base colors. Yeeeeeaah. I'm just gonna. Chill and watch Avatar while I paint!::D: I'm gonna have fun with this, painting is not my strong suit.

• Like 8

Calling this done, featuring 10 minute OSL! ::P: Now to go fishing for 5 days, relax one day, and then go see art friends for 6 days! 

And then I can work on more projects! I have so many things to doooo! ::D: 

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Morihalda
      Hey all! This thread will be about my sculpting journey. I hope that by showing the time and effort it takes it pursue an art, others would be excited about trying it without getting discouraged by the climb up. I plan on posting daily here - I might as well continue my daily art streak!
      Some days might have some cool stuff, but many will probably be like, "Oh man. I sculpted a lot of fur today. A. Lot."
      Anyways. Hopefully y'all will get some enjoyment out of it. Here's to day 1 (tomorrow)!
      Comments and praise are appreciated, but please give critiques too!
      Links to Sculpting Posts:
      Anatomy Practice Skeleton:
      06/19/17     06/20/17     06/21/17    06/22/17     06/23/17     06/24/17     06/25/17 RIP in pieces
      First and Second Miniatures:
      06/26/17     06/27/17     06/28/17     06/29/17     06/30/17     07/01/17     07/02/17     
      Week 2. Nearly nonexistent. OUCH. I snuck in a little art doodle time to not break my streak!   
      07/10/17    07/12/17      07/13/17     07/18/17
      Anatomy and Drapery Studies:
      Hogarth Mini 2 - legs and feet
      Pelvis Day
      Sculpting a Bust (Nerali Fendyn, Dunmer inspired):
      Collect references and sketches!
      Practice with Fimo
      And we're practicing....
      I ran out time to practice! Here's the body.
      The Face: Part 1, Part 2
      Kill it all, restart a million times over a week.
      The Hair: Part 1, Part 2
      Sculpting a 72mm Figure (Sora Swifthistle, Sylvari):
      Collect references and sketches!
      The Armature: Part 1, Part 2 
      Legs: Part 1, Part 2
      54mm Skeleton
      The armature and hips
    • By Morihalda
      Hello art family! Y'all might remember my 2016 thread, where I focused on making a habit of drawing every day. 2017 was wild and I decided against a thread here, but I have continued that art streak through this year with a slight change - painting and sculpting was allowed to sustain that miniatures habit.  
      I'm getting a bit of a headstart with my 2018 thread! I'd love to learn some fancy traditional art school basics, and I think a lot of these things transfer over to most any type of art, like mini painting and sculpting.
      I see lots of friends here talking about color, lighting, and MORE CONTRAST, and I think we should check those cool things out!
      When I start a new subject, I will list (but not link) books, websites, or other references so you can follow along if you'd like.  
      Mori's Learning List!
      1. The Learning Mindset
      2. Proportions - The Head 
      3. Proportions - The Body
      4. Anatomy 
    • By Mckenna35
      I've had a chunk of antler sitting in my drawer of basing materials for years, waiting for the right figure to use it on.  I recently acquired the Bombshell Miniature Morihalda bust, and inspiration stuck!  The antler was cut at a weird angle but I was able to use a hacksaw and a miter box to square off the top.  I have the dilemma of trying to figure out a) the right orientation of the bust to the base, and b) if I want to fare in the bust pedestal to the antler using green stuff.  I plan on putting a couple of pins in her base, and then matching sockets in the antler.  I figure I can blank off the top of the antler with shrink wrap and then do the sculpting work (if I choose to pursue that) which would enable me to separate them again for priming/painting purposes.  Anyway, I've come to you brave forumites for advice!  I've got four pictures attached showing the four possible orientations of the bust/antler.  Let me know which one you think is the most appealing choice!  I'm partial to #3 myself, but my wife likes #4.

• By Morihalda
      (Holy moly, I haven't done a WIP since Spring 2016)
      HOLY MOLY, how have I never painted a dragon??
      I went through my stuff - I have a BOX of unpainted dragons. Thanks, Bones III. We're fixing that right now!
      Questgiver here:
      I choose you, Three Star Stormwing!  
      My rolls from this morning (also here):

I actually got some really lovely rolls here. Even though one of them is pure black, which limits me to 4 colors instead of 5, the heather blue and cloudy grey look nice together.
      Unfortunately for contrast, they sort of... blend? Together? Learned artists, what's the word?
      If I were to take all the color out of the heather blue, it would look exactly like the cloud grey.
      I did check to see if my eyes were learning - they are!

So here is my dragon. My 3 rolled colors on the right, and my liner and white on the left. He's pinned but I still need to do some quick green stuffing!

• By Glitterwolf
      Happy Birthday Morihalda
      I hope you have a lovely day with lots of artsy presents!!!
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)