BEAUTIFULLY painted as the Warrior Babe is, it is The Shield that makes the piece. That is a WONDERFULLY expressive EVIL visage. Your color choices for Shield, Babe, & base are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Very beautiful paint job. I especially like the marble base and the shield blind eye. Your nmm and the skin tone came out pretty nice as well.

• Like 1

Really excellent. You guys make me want to dig this mini out and give it a go. 

• Like 1

That shield is ace... too bad it was not visible on the contest entry!!! So many angles on this mini.

• Like 1

Gratitude for your love and appreciation, brothers and sisters. I am enjoying the trend of color theory, though expect more effects on the horizon.

May your blends be smooth. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, this one I finished this morning, an old knight from Ral Partha.  I think it's sculpted by Julie Guthrie, but not 100% sure.  My biggest problem was what to put on the shield, and my freehand is pretty rudimentary, sonot so perfectly sure how it came out.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy him.

• By aku-chan
      Still taking a little break from my other projects, so I'm currently painting random Guild Ball minis, the latest being Farris, ex-knight and master blacksmith:-

Hopefully I got all the mold-lines, I did spot the one on her collar after taking these piccys.

Got her head painted.
      Her face is a base of 1:1 Beastly Brown/Dwarf Skin, Brown Shade Wash and then highlights of 1:1 Beastly Brown/Dwarf Skin and 1:1:1 Beastly Brown/Dwarf Skin/Light Skin.
      And her hair is Leather Brown, shaded with Brown Wash and highlighted with 2:1 Leather Brown/Bonewhite.

Next job will likely be painting the underside of her horse (he has a name but I've forgotten it) black. I meant to do that first, but forgot 
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)