13 posts in this topic

I really liked the color scheme on this one during the contest!

1 person likes this

That shield is awesome!  I agree with @Darcstaar the color scheme is superb!  

2 people like this

great job, your color choice really makes it stand out

1 person likes this

Love her "Joker" vibe. The shield is amazing. Her colors really make her pop. Well done!

1 person likes this

BEAUTIFULLY painted as the Warrior Babe is, it is The Shield that makes the piece. That is a WONDERFULLY expressive EVIL visage. Your color choices for Shield, Babe, & base are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

1 person likes this

Very beautiful paint job. I especially like the marble base and the shield blind eye. Your nmm and the skin tone came out pretty nice as well.

1 person likes this

Really excellent. You guys make me want to dig this mini out and give it a go. 

1 person likes this

Omg the shield is fantastic, great job.

1 person likes this

That shield is ace... too bad it was not visible on the contest entry!!! So many angles on this mini.

1 person likes this

Gratitude for your love and appreciation, brothers and sisters. I am enjoying the trend of color theory, though expect more effects on the horizon.

May your blends be smooth. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corporea
      Whew.  I finished him.  I have to say, this was a fun project.  The idea came to me sometime last year, but it took awhile for me to get around to working on him.  I've decided that monochrome relaxes me.  It's just easier somehow to take color out of the picture and just work on shadows and highlights.  I think I need to vary my levels a bit, but overall, I wanted it to read as a night scene, so I'm happy.  I like the idea of an accent color.  I've been wanting to try that for awhile now.  Though looking at him, I could probably pop the osl on his face. the pumpkin in the back worked out better- most likely because it has larger opening for the eyes.   I tried to find his sku number in the catalog and failed, but this was The Headless Mousling from 2014, sculpted by Gene Van Horne.I used a bones rat, a pillar from the graveyard set, and 2 pumpkins.   Anyway, enjoy and Happy Halloween!  I'm using my new Iphone and seem to have issues editing, so pics may be a bit funky...  

• By Ironhammer
      I did this figure up for the quarterly painting competition.  I made a weapon swap to turn her into a female gladiator, with a gladius blade pulled from the spare parts bin and a scratch built fantasy scutum, which was made mostly from sheet styrene.  The scorpions are freehand.  Apologies for my rather sub-par photography!

• By Glitterwolf
      WARNING NUDITY so LINKS.

EDIT:
       Since Photbucket got Evil I linked my Putty and Paint Page here:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/15073

This is my first take on a bust. It's from Kabuki 1/6 scale.
      Since she's a Not Red Sonja, I gave her warpaint like Conan has.

I tried a freehand tattoo, it's supposed to be a stylized Dragon/Snake eating his own tail.

I had loads of fun painting her.

Here Is my WIP if interested.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62241-ky-ra-bust-16-kabuki-by-xherman1964/

• By peepster1976
      First Attempt at NMM.
      Watched some videos on Youtube, but i find it difficult where to put the "reflections" on the gold, aka where and how much, do i put the white.
      plzz advice.
      Colour used
      white
      middlestone, Vallejo air
      Dark earth, vallejo air
      burnt umber, vallejo air
      carroburg crimson, citadel shade

I use vallejo air, because i like the waterys viscosity of the paint. I can wetblend with it on the model.
      Just started with Airbrush, so i try to basecolour as much as posible with airbrush

• By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Well, it's been about seven years since I last painted a space marine, and I have to confess that seeing all the amazing work on the new Primaris Marines was making me want to give it a try again.  I have long thought it would be cool to do a chrome (or SENMM [Sky-Earth Non-Metallic Metal]) Marine, so I finally gave that a shot!  The technique itself is painfully slow, but I had a lot of fun, and I'm pretty happy with the results! 

Oh, and I did do a little bit of conversion work by swapping in some old Dark Angels bits, in case anyone was wondering!

Thanks for looking!  Hopefully, after ReaperCon, I'll have time to do a YouTube tutorial on how I did the chrome for those of you who are interested!
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)