Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
korimar

Grenadier Orcs

7 posts in this topic

Grenadier Orcs

I found these two at a flea market recently.  I got my first pair and painted them about 1982 when I was 10 years old.  Take my word, I did a better job this time.

59dcfa19ea188_GrenadierOrcs.thumb.jpg.45f8b276fec3c012ef636f6550a8d38c.jpg

15 people like this

These are great. i always love seeing Grenadier minis getting some loving. 

1 person likes this

The Green Guys look WONDERFUL; I would not have thought the old minis could paint up to that level. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

Edited by malefactus
1 person likes this

Very cool. 

1 person likes this

Very nice!  Those old sculpts are strange in their proportions. Good painting!

1 person likes this

Very nice indeed. A tad too dark for my taste but still good none the less.. Well done. 

1 person likes this

Good work on them!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonaas33
      This is the first metal fig that I have painted, just finished him up over my lunch break!  I wasn't planning on doing a "Hulk" theme, I was just messing around with colors that I liked and wound up with the green and purple.  It ended up looking pretty sharp so I kept It!  I couldn't find my earthshade wash, so I went with sepia. I might go back a redo it some day, but for now I'll keep it. Sorry about all of the background noise in the pic, I was in a bit of a rush but still wanted to share. Critiques and advice are always appreciated!  Thanks!

• By Nightwing
      Here is the Lich from the Grenadier Monsters box set. 

I didnt highlight the robe. I wanted it to stay grungy looking. I’m not sure if that was a mistake or not. How does one highlight a grungy purple robe?  What color mix would one use?  

• By jonaas33
      Painted this guy up for an upcoming campaign.  The party should get terrified by a large group of orcs and trolls.  If they do any scouting they will be able to discover that the whole group is blind, but still pretty effective a fight.  The real trick will be if they do enough exploring during the adventure, they'll actually come across a powerful devil that is bargaining for major power, for the minor cost of one of their senses.  The eye marking on the shield signifies the cost of sight.  The party will be able to barter their senses, or fight the devil.

The fig originally had a bunch of gloves and spikes coming out of the shield that I wasn't a huge fan of, so I snipped them off with a nail clipper.  If I could do it over, I would have used something to smooth it out a little more before I started painting.  I'm also not overly pleased with the gold colored boots, so I may go over them some day with a different paint.  Overall, pretty pleased with how it turned out though.  Of course, I appreciate any critiques and advice!  Thanks!

• By 72moonglum
      So I was feeling a bit nostalgic, alongside of the affection I already hold for old school miniatures, so I've decided to begin "repainting" some old figures I'd done way back when, I'm going to say in 1983 or before/after. I graduated high school in 1986 and after that totally forgot about miniatures until maybe around 2004.

Anyhow, I've repainted Frito the Thief, a Grenadier model I had when I was young.  With the new version, I did have to resculpt the nose because it was flattened by time.  My other issue was whether I wanted to keep the same color scheme or do something different.  Ultimately I stayed very similiarly with the clothing color scheme, but ended up changing the skin tone and hair color.  I kept an orange turban, but ended up muting the color a tad.  So here's the modern version:

and now the original version, painted sometime in the eighties:

and then a few side by side comparisons:

So what do you think, any progress over the last thirty- odd years? I've got a bunch of these that  I think I'm going to do as time permits.  They really are some very fun miniatures to paint.  The proportions aren't perfect, but they really do have lots of personality!
    • By Ratmaster2000
      So I have been looking at a parts drawer I have that has doubled for Years (okay going on decades now haha) as my metal miniatures storage case till the mini's get painted (so yah it's full haha), and I noticed that I still have ALL of the miniatures belonging to Grenadier's "orcs of the severed hand" collection (white primered btw) and since I am not sure I will ever paint them, I was looking on Ebay to get an idea if it would be worth it. Noble knight is selling one for $95.00, is that a fair accurate price? I may not have the box, but if I do, is that what they would go for? I also have encounter at skull harbor (though mine didn't have a sea monster, older set?) and a WWII set as well:) are these in demand?
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)