Sign in to follow this  

Grenadier Orcs

Grenadier Orcs

I found these two at a flea market recently.  I got my first pair and painted them about 1982 when I was 10 years old.  Take my word, I did a better job this time.

• Like 15

The Green Guys look WONDERFUL; I would not have thought the old minis could paint up to that level. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KruleBear
      I was using this to try a different skin color which I like and I believe I was going to do a bit more detailed TMM but got side tracked. After several months of no work on him, I decided to get him "done" to tabletop level. Here are some shaky iPad photos. C&C welcome. 

• By Mad Jack
       So, I was recently asked to curate a collection of old minis given to my FLGS on consignment... There are somewhere north of two hundred pieces altogether.
      Most of it is old Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage and Citadel. The first three companies I know well. Citadel not so much, but I've already identified some of them from the Lost Minis Wiki. And then there are some that I don't recognize and have no marking on them.
      So I'll be posting pics in this thread over the next couple of days to see if anybody knows what they are.
       I'll also be editing the posts to update them as more things are identified. So eventually there will be a complete (ish) record of the entire collection.
       First up, we have some dwarves...
      EDIT:  In the first pic the first four are from Alternative Armies -  DH9-04 Dwarven Adventurer w/ Dagger, RM013 Auchan the Spiker, RM015 Colvin the Disturbed, and RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist. The 5th one is Citadel FA-15, v2 and the last one is Asgard's DA7.v2 Dwarf King.
      In the second pic, the first figure is from Grenadier's 2008 Thieves box set - the Dwarf Thief. The second is a Citadel C06 Northern Dwarves pirate. The third is from Metal Magic's C1008 Dwarves set and the last is Grenadier's 1129 Dwarf Flamethrower.
       I'll be posting more as I come across things I can't find myself...
    • By Kev!
       The best thing about Hero Quest...

P.S. Click, if you dare...
      P.P.S. @Sophie was taken, I have been brushing on Stynylrez, lately...
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so in my continuing series of old school minis that I painted in the eighties and recently, I've just finished up another one. I've been concentrating on Grenadier figures for this, as this is what we had back then in the day.  I just finished this one last night, and the original one I'd painted probably somewhere between 1982-1986, probably closer to 1982.  I think that the original one if I recall correctly actually came with the mace broken off, which apparently at the time didn't disturb me and I painted a cleric with a little stick in his hand.  
      and here these two merry round bellied gentlemen are side by side:

One of the odder things on this figure was originally I didn't even notice that his foot that was visible was actually a bare foot. I painted his foot as if he were wearing a red shoe.  Looking back too at these miniatures with the advent of the Grenadier/Mirlton Kickstarter, wondering if I might participate.
    • By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Grenadier Balrog that i recently rediscovered owning. I decided to go ahead and paint him up; he's only been waiting for....a while. Yeah, let's just leave it at that. No numbers...
      Anyway, I did my usual, hopefully decent tabletop paint job on him. I was stuck on his sword for a while; I really didn't know where to go with it. I finally decided to try to paint it up sorta resembling fire. If I'd been thinking before I started painting him, I would've tried sculpting some flames on the flat parts of the sword blade. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, right?
      I was also considering doing some OSL on him, but chickened out on that. Maybe next time...
      Please let me know what you think.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)