Sign in to follow this  
Cyradis

CA Fires

I have friends going to UCLA. Campus is closed and without power. On-campus residents with nowhere else to go are being distributed masks because of the smoke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Middle of December and SIX fires actively burning across California:( I think there may have been ten fires so far this month:( Crazy. Closest fires to me have been the murrieta fire and one near CSUSB, which I was just at last weekend. Thomas fire is the worst, Prayers to all those in the burn areas.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cyradis said:

And again... 

SoCal folks, are you okay?

OK here on the Mojave but very concerned for those that are downwind of us in all the areas below the passes and beyond.

Ventura County and portions of western Los Angeles County are a Hellscape right now.

GEM

• Like 1

We need rain badly. And for these random wildfires to stop popping up. 

• Like 3

I am safe where I am at. Closest ones to me were the Riverside and San Bernardino ones which are at 100% containment if not out completely. I am hoping the wind dies down, it has been blowing like crazy. Until it dies down, it is difficult to fight the fires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was near San Diego, we had a day when 12 fires broke out in as many hours. The fires this year are bigger and badder, and it is scary as heck. I hope you all are staying safe, and have some lung protection if you are downwind. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

When I was near San Diego, we had a day when 12 fires broke out in as many hours. The fires this year are bigger and badder, and it is scary as heck. I hope you all are staying safe, and have some lung protection if you are downwind. 

I lived in San Diego County during the ‘03 fire storm when the whole city was surrounded. We had to evacuate and several houses on our road burned down. This year with the NorCal fires and now the ones here, it’s just crazy. Hopefully the new year brings more rain.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you all are safe relatively. There have been several casualties so far. 

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

SE WA is preparing to send down some help to fight the fires.

Any assistance that can be offered is gratefully appreciated.

Many of the firefighters have been on the lines with only a few hours break since the first blazes erupted.

GEM