Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr.Bedlam

Bad Decisions In Horror Movies

84 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, etherial said:

Don't forget slugs. Shards of glass ain't got nuthin' compared to a slug exploding underfoot.

I combine both with one word.

Snails.

7 people like this

I am rather good at jogging in my flops. However, they are supportive flops and molded well to my foot. Less floppy than typical ones. 

Barefoot... yeah the rocks and gunk can hurt. Tried that recently. Did get about 5 blocks in the rain before calling it. 

2 people like this

So, what are you doing for the holiday?

We thought we'd go up to Crystal Lake and go camping!

Crystal Lake, isn't that the place where people get killed every Friday the 13th?

Yep! We're heading up Thursday the 12th, and staying over the weekend!

The Auld Grump

9 people like this

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Note to producers of suspense films and shows:

Knocking the heels off of high-heeled shoes and putting them back on your feet gives you ...

badly misshapen shoes that curl your feet up and are impossible to move in.  Also ruined.

True dat.

Don't ask how I know that. Or how very few women's shoe manufacturers make a functional high heel for someone who wears a men's size eleven and weighs 200 lbs.

7 people like this

1 minute ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

True dat.

Don't ask how I know that. Or how very few women's shoe manufacturers make a functional high heel for someone who wears a men's size eleven and weighs 200 lbs.

It is problematic for fellows looking for heels for Rocky Horror live screenings. 

6 people like this

Just now, Cyradis said:

It is problematic for fellows looking for heels for Rocky Horror live screenings. 

TELL me about it! Finding fishnets and corsets, NO problem, but a decent set of high heels? You might as well ask for the moon on a string...

8 people like this

grr double post

Edited by Cyradis

1 hour ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

True dat.

Long long years ago when I was outfitting some teenage boys for Rocky Horror (um, long story), I found that Payless Shoe Source was pretty good for remarkably large sized high heeled pumps.

Be aware (although I am sure you already know) the more you weigh the more painful high heels tend to be. 

If you want the high heeled look I recommend some nice kitten heels.  They look higher than they are but are still cute.  Michelle Obama wore them a lot as sensible, smart, cute classy shoes suitable for a serious yet stylish First Lady on the move.

7 people like this

I mean, isn't that pretty much the plot of Kinky Boots?

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Long long years ago when I was outfitting some teenage boys for Rocky Horror (um, long story), I found that Payless Shoe Source was pretty good for remarkably large sized high heeled pumps.

Be aware (although I am sure you already know) the more you weigh the more painful high heels tend to be. 

My experience was from playing the title role in "Charley's Aunt;" I was the tallest of the boys, had shoulders like a fullback, and was the only one of us who could grow a mustache. And I am aware of the pain factor of high heels; try wearing heels with steel soles and a spike welded on after breaking three pairs just trying to walk around onstage.

I am told, however, that they made my butt look FABulous.

9 people like this

Interesting note:

Engineering friend told me what dictates the required strength of a floor. It is the pressure from a stiletto heel worn by a large and obese person. The PSI on the point of that stiletto is more than the floor would encounter in just about any other foreseeable circumstance. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I am told, however, that they made my butt look FABulous.

Heels will do that. They change your posture and make the tush stick out a bit. They also force the legs to tense more, so you will have nice looking legs too. Given time in heels, and the leg muscles start building as well. 

There are obviously much better ways to get toned legs than wearing heels. 

8 people like this

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Interesting note:

Engineering friend told me what dictates the required strength of a floor. It is the pressure from a stiletto heel worn by a large and obese person. The PSI on the point of that stiletto is more than the floor would encounter in just about any other foreseeable circumstance. 

In Europe tourist sites in the 1950s stiletto heels were sometimes banned, especially if there was parquetry flooring.

7 people like this

11 hours ago, Corporea said:

jurrasic world had dinosaurs. major cool points for dinosuars and cgi.  I can sit through a movie with good cgi and at least enjoy the special effects, right? even if the female lead runs around in high heels.  sigh.

Some people are amazing in high heels. Margot Robbie did that elevator scene in Suicide Squad in heels, without wires. My sister in law (bless her) wears her stilettos all the dang time, and while she can't do acrobatics in them, she'd probably do better running in them than bare feet (at least on pavement). 

I have no desire to be that good at wearing heels. :rolleyes:

7 people like this

No one has mentioned the ultimate bad decision in a horror movie, 'Lets take my girlfriend on a romantic break to a cabin in the woods, the same cabin where all my friends were horribly murdered and possessed by demons.' from Evil Dead 2, admittedly that film is more of a reboot than an actual sequel though.

7 people like this

I always liked the splitting up one. Like, strength in numbers right? You know people are being murdered. You know something is hunting you. Why not split up to investigate things? 

The stoner's response to that in Cabin in the Woods was just the best ever. :lol:

5 people like this