rfusca

Head mounted light and magnifer

9 posts in this topic

Thinking some magnification would be worth looking at.  Has anybody used something like this, its only $15?  Suggestions?

714%2BpfSpQ5L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by rfusca

The consensus is that OptiVisor is great stuff, but that for some, an extra pair of reading glasses or some cheap Chinese headband magnifier will work just swell. (There was a rather lare thread about it a while ago)

The one you've posted a picture of looks... rather overdone, really. 

Generally, going above 3x magnification tends to result in needing to hold the mini too close.

40 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

The consensus is that OptiVisor is great stuff, but that for some, an extra pair of reading glasses or some cheap Chinese headband magnifier will work just swell. (There was a rather lare thread about it a while ago)

The one you've posted a picture of looks... rather overdone, really. 

Generally, going above 3x magnification tends to result in needing to hold the mini too close.

Hmm ok.  The one posted is just a 3x and is a cheap chinese one.  Finding a lighted Optivisor  seems to be expensive.

That's fancy.  My standard day-to-day visor is this one.

Capture.PNG.1f5072ae3a37c2617d544f671a4e5f08.PNG

I also have one that has a lamp on the outside edge, just above the lenses, but I can't tighten the pivot points enough to keep it from sliding down

Lighted visors aren't really necessary if you have desklamps that can be repositioned easily...   

Besides, the battery packs on some make them uncomfortable to wear for very long, they use expensive small batteries, or they have the wrong colour light. 

2 people like this

Ayway, you may want to read the older thread as it contains a wealth of information;

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Ayway, you may want to read the older thread as it contains a wealth of information;

Good link! I didn't find it earlier when searching, thanks! 

Got this one online. Taking some getting use to with looking through the lens. For $10 it isn’t that bad and didn’t break the bank. 

154EC518-8097-43CF-9B66-F28072049969.png

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Jeepnewbie said:

Got this one online. Taking some getting use to with looking through the lens. For $10 it isn’t that bad and didn’t break the bank. 

154EC518-8097-43CF-9B66-F28072049969.png

Yes.  This is the lighted one I have that doesn't stay in place.