Logos

77351: Cultists and Circle

3 posts in this topic

I really like how these turned out and it was super simple and quick (for me anyway for others they would have probably done it allow quicker) to do.

IMG_20171009_162733571.thumb.jpg.1dca2524b32e3c2cd8bcbf1bde0c0dc6.jpgIMG_20171009_165107362.thumb.jpg.86b56c71f9d47000cceb626cff5796a7.jpgIMG_20171009_165124178.thumb.jpg.6dc448b59143d24cd56c4ab594d51a8d.jpgIMG_20171009_165141730.thumb.jpg.c5f31cae906aa11f813ec7174528832f.jpgIMG_20171009_162752456.thumb.jpg.3f8ed4a0ea07f2e9b1135070bd396547.jpgIMG_20171009_162800335.thumb.jpg.591d7c09206c7f1fee7eebfb246acdfa.jpgIMG_20171009_162810754.thumb.jpg.b5b88d745e2e892b8e9b51efb4e5f783.jpgIMG_20171009_162821230.thumb.jpg.7e21a783fd041189da51bfd7b159ee93.jpg

IMG_20171009_162844249.jpg

19 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Just a bunch of Eastern myth themed minis, mostly from Bones III and one Kenku/Tengu Monk from Stonehaven.

Oh, and some Myconids from Ganesha Games and Bones III plant monsters.  More Mario than myth, I suppose.

Oni close-up:

Kitsune close-up:

I like the male Kitsuine a lot more than I was expecting.  His pose, with all its swagger, adds a lot of character.  I also hadn't noticed the sake cup he was holding until I started painting.
    • By jonaas33
      Whipped this guy up while taking a break from a few bigger projects.  There are a LOT of touchups that I need to make, but for a palette cleanser, I think he turned out pretty cool.  I think I need to find a place in my house with better lighting, because I notice a lot of detail errors when I get the close-up picture taken that I never saw when painting.  Does anyone use magnifying glass or something else to help with smaller parts of a fig?  I have excellent vision, but the difference between just looking at a fig on a tabletop and getting picture taken is pretty stark.  Now I need to come up with a Big Bad Evil Guy so I can use this guy during an adventure.  I appreciate any advice and critiques!  Thanks!

• By Ash Adler
      Intellect devourers were always one of my favorite D&D monsters, so I'd been planning on painting this mini eventually, but I never got around to buying it since it was kind of plain compared to most other minis.  As fortune had it, though, I got it as a bonus with my last order from Reaper, so I decided to just do it.  Color scheme was based on a mixture of the AD&D 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual intellect devourer, the more "realistic" 3rd edition version, and a smattering of actual crabs.

As usual, the process of working on it is on my blog: link

Unfortunately, I wasn't sure how to handle holding a mini without a base that I could stick on top of a shot glass.  I held it by unpainted parts for as long as I could, but in the end, I held it by the brain to finish off the talons.  Sadly, that led to some of the paint getting rubbed off (probably could've avoided at least some of that if I hadn't been squeezing it so hard, but it's easy to forget my strength at times).  Aside from that, though, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out .  It was a simple mini, but I enjoyed it.  C&C welcome (especially any tips for how to avoid damaging finished paint on baseless minis, short of varnishing a completed area to hold it by for the final parts).
    • By Ash Adler
      I'm glad I got talked into checking out these kits.  Having someone walk me through what exactly to do really helped me to focus on what was happening with the mini without getting distracted by thinking about the next color choice or whatever.

Honestly, the skeleton was probably my favorite of the 3 minis.  Sure, it doesn't have as much going on with it as the other two, but the simplicity makes it good for learning, it's the one that seems best suited to "drybrush EVERYTHING" approach to highlighting, and besides, the dopey look of it is rather cute

This one, on the other hand, was kind of a nightmare.  It's not so much that there was anything particularly difficult about the model itself (it's actually posed to make things pretty easy to access all around), but it was just horrible trying to drybrush it with any real sort of cleanliness (not talking so much about how I clearly overdid it in some areas as stuff like the random brown smudges on his skin, metal sparkles on his leather parts, etc.).  Well, that, and I had a hell of a time getting the brush to survive banging into the spikey bits no matter how careful/gentle I tried to be with it when doing the leather bits.

Getting more eye practice is never a bad thing, at least.  I even managed to keep the black outline all around the whites this time!

This one annoyed me to start out because I just couldn't get the sword to set straight no matter how much I overbent it in the other direction while doing the whole hot/cold water thing.  Once I decided to just give up and go with it, though, it was pretty smooth.  Probably the best looking of the three in the end.

All in all, it was a very valuable learning experience.  Hoping that the learning keep going on through the next kit as well!
    • By Logos
      I think this one is from Bones 3. Maybe it's supposed to be a panther or something but it screamed lioness to me when I saw it.  Might do another in black so I have a panther later on.  I tried to keep it simple and I think it turned out the better for it.  

• Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)