Dr.Bedlam

Embarrassing Crushes

181 posts in this topic

The red haired girl in 4th through 6th grade.  I remember her first name, but not her last.  Not embarrassed by it now, but as a kid I would have died if anyone except my best friend knew I liked her.  As far as actresses go, I've been pretty vocal with those that know me IRL with whom I think are attractive.

4 people like this

Jessica Alba - watched Idle Hands, forgot everything about that kovie, but remember she's in it. Never got to watch Dark Angel, but caught a few minutes here and there between all my extracurricular activities during high school. She was enough reason for me to watch Honey and Good Luck Chuck. Ah...the scene from Sin city.  O__o 

Topanga from Boy Meets World. Don't know the actress name.

4 people like this

Matthew Mercer....

*** Looks around the thread ***

*** Sharpens claws on wood desk ***

Yeah, so what about it?!?

*** Nods ***

As for the girls.  I'm sure I had a new crush every week back then.  All movies.  None in real life.  Small town problems.

I remember liking Courtney Thorne-Smith in Sideout (and in my memory, that is the only way she ever was).

Kristy McNichol, but I can't remember what show.

Also, I had a thing for Kelly McGillis for a while until I realized how much older than me she was.

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Matthew Mercer....

*** Nods ***

As for the girls.  I'm sure I had a new crush every week back then.  All movies.  None in real life.  Small town problems.

I remember liking Courtney Thorne-Smith in Sideout (and in my memory, that is the only way she ever was).

Also, I had a thing for Kelly McGillis for a while until I realized how much older than me she was.

who is mathew mercer?

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'll mention the one everyone crushed on but will never admit...

Velma from Scooby Doo...

Anyone denying this may just as well return their Nerd Cards and all other nerdy paraphernalia right now.

Pretty sure that I have already admitted that on these very forums, in a previous thread - she was the real heart and soul of that show.

Linda Carter.

And... Emma Peel herself - Diana Rigg.

With a rider on Jamie Lee Curtis. (Who I think has just continued to get sexier.)

The Auld Grump

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

who is mathew mercer?

Matt Mercer is the DM of Critical Role, a Geek & Sundry show (weekly video and podcast).

He is also a voice actor in video games and movies.

5 people like this

Oh! Forgot Margot Kidder, and, of course, Carrie Fisher. (I will never, ever forgive 2016.)

The Auld Grump, who would have been kind of short for a Stormtrooper....

8 people like this

53 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Matthew Mercer....

*** Nods ***

I liked Courtney Thorne-Smith in Summer School.

Let's see who else...

Phoebe Cates

Christina Ricci

Kari Byron!!

My most embarrassing might be Lori Petty.

Edited by NecroMancer
2 people like this

Since none of you know this person, my math/science partner in sixth grade. Smart, pretty, cute smile, silly humor. Had a substitute teacher activity which ended with us holding hands. Found out she lived in my area, so I had been that love struck puppy walking her home and carrying her instrument/books. :D

11 people like this

I guess I could say Danielle Fishel aka Topanga from Boy meets World.

7 people like this

I had it for Diana Rigg and Kate O'Mara; I just figured they wuz outta my league...

3 people like this

Not that many embarrassing ones - I had good taste in tv and movie women, lol... ::D:

Erin Grey, Linda Carter, Diana Rigg, Marg Helgenburger, Dana Delany, Patricia Quinn, Helen Mirren...

About the only one that's a bit goofy was... Betty Rubble, lol...

4 people like this

Cartoon crushes? Gadget from Rescue Rangers. XD

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Not that many embarrassing ones - I had good taste in tv and movie women, lol... ::D:

Erin Grey, Linda Carter, Diana Rigg, Marg Helgenburger, Dana Delany, Patricia Quinn, Helen Mirren...

About the only one that's a bit goofy was... Betty Rubble, lol...

Betty was always way better than Wilma. I'd actually have trouble looking down on any of the names I'm seeing from everybody although there's a few I don't recognise.

5 people like this

What? No Melissa Joan Hart yet?

Had a crush on her when I was a kid and she was Clarissa, and then when she went Sabrina? Hoo boy! I still think she's a stunner now.

Edited by Unruly
6 people like this