Dr.Bedlam

Embarrassing Crushes

181 posts in this topic

I'm another one who was enamored with Dana Delaney and Marg Hellenburg; I loved me my China Beach.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anways, some of you all gotta cough up the actual goods. Which ones were your embarrassing ones. 

When I was like 18, and my uncle remarried, I had this VERY unreasonable crush on my aunt.

There, I said it.

12 people like this

So my husband's friends tease about keeping a list. Names of a few celebrities they crush on that if it just so happened they had a chance to have an affair with that particular person, it would be all good. 

My husband and I tease each other. The only guy on my 'list' right now is what I believe a non-traditional choice. Simon Pegg

Im not embarrassed by it, but he isn't a usual character to hit someone's hot list. 

9 people like this

Simon Pegg is kinda awesome. 

5 people like this

So, when I was a young teen Magnum PI was wildly popular and all the girls were crushing on Tom Selleck.  Until I realized he was my dad's age. Eww. 

9 people like this

I'm not embarrassed at all to say that I have had a crush on Bill Murray my entire life, but I've been told that he's a weird crush to have.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had a crush on Jim Carrey when I was 13ish. Most embarrassing is that it was the movie Batman Forever that caused the crush. I had a poster of him as The Riddler on my bedroom wall for years.

11 people like this

I mean, embarassing? Not really a thing for me. There are a few I don't mention because I assume "crush" to have an emotional or intellectual component rather than strictly hormonal, but I don't feel a need to apologise for any of it.:poke:

For more cartoon crushes, there's certainly Tifa from FFVII, and every. female. character. from Evangelion (although Misato tops the heirarchy, I always loved Rei and I have a dear place in my heart for Maya). Perhaps closest to "embarassing" is Ranma (yeah, hot or cold water, don't care).

and above all, the inimitable April O'Niel!

6 people like this

11 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anways, some of you all gotta cough up the actual goods. Which ones were your embarrassing ones. 

Oh.  I don't know that I have any.  Not even C-3P0.

Also, Dana Delany (China Beach) is not related to Kim Delaney (Tour of Duty).  80's Nam TV was big for Delaneys, I guess? 

Edit:  I might have known this long before now if my peerless powers of observation had noticed their names were spelled differently. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
10 people like this

What's wrong with Simon Pegg? Simon Pegg is great! Not even sure I'd call him embarrassing.

I had a thing for Linnea Quigley, but I'm not sure I'd call it a crush, per se... more like inflamed lust, actually... is that embarrassing enough?

6 people like this

I don't really remember any crushes I'd be embarrassed by.  I do know Dr. Crusher was how I found out I had a thing for redheads.  As a early teenager I had no concept of age difference.

6 people like this

Leaven from Cube her real name is Nicole de Boer.  I had forgotten that I had a crush on her back when I used to watch this movie a lot but I hadn't seen it in years!  I don't know if she was in anything else.

Edited by NecroMancer
2 people like this

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Leaven from Cube her real name is Nicole de Boer.  I had forgotten that I had a crush on her back when I used to watch this movie a lot but I hadn't seen it in years!  I don't know if she was in anything else.

She was in the final season of StarTrek: Deep Space 9.

I guess my embarrassing crush would be Anna from Frozen.

Yes, I am a grown man.  Why do you ask?:unsure:

Edited by alchemist
to correct typo
8 people like this

19 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Not that many embarrassing ones - I had good taste in tv and movie women, lol... ::D:

Erin Grey, Linda Carter, Diana Rigg, Marg Helgenburger, Dana Delany, Patricia Quinn, Helen Mirren...

About the only one that's a bit goofy was... Betty Rubble, lol...

There's a reason "Betty" shortly lived as a slang term for an attractive woman. So not that goofy.

15 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Bert Reynolds. He was my first girlhood crush. Based on the Cannonball run series. I was like 10. I know, that doesn't even excuse it.

----

AND this is embarrassing crushes. You all are way too mainstream and white bread in what embarrasses you. Come on people! There's gotta be some more unusual choices out there. 

(Though of course Jack was able to step up to the plate. *gives Jack a high five!* Though I have a feeling Jack isn't actually embarrassed. (And this is not saying that I think he should be.)

Is it holding out if you're not embarrassed by it?

3 people like this

This isn't wholesome family entertainment. Judgement of others based solely on their attractiveness on-screen to/by immature people. Does anyone else find this thread offensively sexist and infantile? What next, post your favorite catcalls!? Post your best way to de-humanize others for entertainment!? Is this what we are teaching young minds browsing these boards as a good way for adults to act?

No wonder we are thought of as playing with dolls/toys...

Perhaps this thread should be locked as an example of what not to do.....

We do play with dolls and toys...

3 people like this