Logos

Overladen Henchman

I didn't get super detailed on these or anything.  Just wanted some baggage handlers for my players.  I kinda like how they turned out though.  I think being grimy and the shadowed hard to make out details makes a nice henchman.  Glad I didn't even bother with the eyes one these ones.

IMG_20170902_101211634.jpg

IMG_20170902_101218752.jpg

IMG_20170902_101225917.jpg

IMG_20170902_101232215.jpg

Edited by Logos
  • Like 21

nice job. yourpainting looks pretty clean from this angle.  The pictue was a little dark so it hard to give full review

10 hours ago, Tjrez said:

nice job. yourpainting looks pretty clean from this angle.  The pictue was a little dark so it hard to give full review

Yeah winter is coming.....and it starts to get dark around 6pm here now so the light isn't the greatest in my condo right now for taking pictures.  First world problems!::P:

Your think wrongly my friend.  A overladen henchman's worth is ONLY measured in lbs carried vs miles covered in a day.  The average human does 3.1mph so IMO a good overladen henchman is only worth their salt unless they can do 500 lbs at 3.1 mph over an 12 hour period with NO STOPS FOR REST.  So if they aren't carrying 500lbs at 40 mpd (miles per day and rounded up of course!), they should be kicked to the curb! ::P:  Or at least used as a meat shield during an ambush.^_^

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Painting Dog
      I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but it never hurts to get confirmation. . When stripping paint from a mini (in this case a Bones that I completely screwed up the paint job on), is it necessary to get every molecule of paint off? Or is it okay if there's some bits left in some of the crenalations and under bits?

Thanks!
    • By AngiesArmies
      I painted up the skeletons I had from Bones 2 together with a Bone Fiend. The Skeletons were fun to do, the Bone Fiend a bit less as the model was quite undefined. For the skeletons, I took some inspiration from the game Morrowind for the colours, bases and shield designs.

• By Guildenstern
      Finished the bases for these two 'statues'. I picked a more sombre kind of theme, almost winter or fall, as I thought it looked better with these than a bright, summer theme. 

• By Guildenstern
      Here's my take on this cute little guy. I tried to do more glazes on him than the way I normally paint, and his eyes are violet, which I think came out ok. Wishing I'd been able to get the huge mold line off his head but oh well. He's still adorbs.

• By Lidless Eye
      I hadn't even realized when I began on these three that they were all from the "Castle Stoneskull" expansion from Bones III.  It was a great set for adding to the random encounters for an RPG.

These guys may represent some of the high-level dangers that one could encounter while dungeoneering in Castle Stoneskull!

The Behir.  I've been wanting one since a buddy pulled one from the first Huge set of D&D prepaints.  They even show up in Pathfinder's "Reign of Winter" and D&D 5E's "Storm King's Thunder", if only I had had this guy in time for those campaigns!

Brain-in-a-Jar.  While I was hoping this would be a human brain, it's still a really cool design.  I wonder why the legs are traditional bendy bones instead of the hard plastic that makes up the rest of the mini (minus the squishy brain), though.

The mighty Minotaur!  Bones has a lot of representations for Minotaurs now, almost as many as Orcs or Goblins.  There's the one from pre-Kickstarter, 2 adventurers in Bones II, and the whole set of Minitaurs coming in Bones IV!  Plus all the Beastmen if you want to count them, I've seen them used as medium Minotaur PCs enough times.

This guy is my favorite, though.  Must be the Gladiator armor.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)