Been looking forward to working on some more Twisted minis for a long time (basically ever since I crushed Nightingale trying to assemble her, and realized I was just too clumsy to work with fragile resin minis any more), I'm starting with Bill Sykes and Bullseye:-

NwIPb2b.jpgc4r7ao6.jpg

Weren't as hard to assemble as I feared they might be, just letting the primer dry overnight and I can start painting!

• Like 9

Progress:-

AwyfMpb.jpg

Painting a completely white dog is harder than it looks.

His fur is a base of Wolf Grey, highlights of 1:1 Wolf Grey/Off-white and pure Off-white, and a Greyshade Wash.

Hopefully when I get the little details done, he'll look a little more interesting.

6UMz4wg.jpg

Not quite sure what went wrong with Bill, his skin is okay (1:1 Dwarf Skin/Elf Skin > Fleshshade Wash > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Elf Skin > 1:1:1 Dwarf Skin/Elf Skin/Light Flesh), but his Bonewhite teeth are blending in too much for some reason, and Leather Brown was definitely the wrong colour for his eyes.

I'll try and fix it tomorrow, but I may need to repaint his face.

• Like 8

Thanks!

More progress:-

2pPCbPk.jpg

Bullseye got Leather Brown eyes, Old West Rose inner ears and gums, Bonewhite teeth and claws, and Black Grey eye spot and nose.

He's done until I start working on Bills metal parts, so I varnished him, no more rubbing the paint off his ears!

QVRPLld.jpg02CQcMw.jpg

I fixed Bills eyes and teeth as best I could and gave him Ochre Yellow muttonchops.

Then I basecoated his coat (Steel Blue on the outside, 1:1 Black Grey/Stone Grey inside) and hat (Black Grey), these then got a Blackshade Wash.

• Like 6

Yet more progress:-

dFvi14n.jpgH6F8b9m.jpg

Finished off Bills coat with highlights of Steel Blue and 3:1 Steel Blue/Off-white and then many, many, many layers of Steel Blue to tone down those final highlights.

The grey parts got highlights of 1:1 Stone Grey/Black Grey and pure Stone Grey, while the hat got just a highlight of 1:1 Stone Grey/Black Grey. Then I did all the buttons and decorations in Brassy Brass.

Then he got a 1:1 Ice Yellow/Bonewhite shirt and a Blood Red neckerchief, both got a Sepia wash.

Then I started on his tank and harness. It was all based with Leather Brown, then the tank became Hammered Copper, the tank grate and the bullets are Bronze, finally the dial and tap are Oily Steel. This all got a Brownshade Wash.

ExzZHt9.jpg

I also did the straps and tank on Bullseye.

• Like 6

More progress:-

NSOWgvo.jpg4Yz0b2F.jpg

Tidied up the metal and leather, painted the little clock thingy on his harness and started on the Oily Steel parts of his mechanical hand and mace.

n0qCl0l.jpg

Also tidied the metal and leather on Bullseye.

A pair of Andrea Blue wires finished him completely.

gUGxdwx.jpg

This left Bullseye in need of a base, so I stamped a couple up (I'm slowly getting better at this).

Bills base is only half stamped as he's standing on a thing.

• Like 7

I love what you're doing with Bill, especially with those metallics! And Bullseye is so lifelike! He actually looks a bit like my puppy.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 11:01 PM, Fire_Eyes said:

I love what you're doing with Bill, especially with those metallics! And Bullseye is so lifelike! He actually looks a bit like my puppy.

Thanks!

Yeah, Bullseye is a great sculpt.

Little more progress:-

lXfvbnD.jpg

Finished off his mechanical hand and mace.

Changed the handle of his mace from Oily Steel to Chrome so it stood out a bit more.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Its Spud McKenzie!!  

Nice work!

*Googles*

Hey, that is quite a good likeness!

Little more progress:-

Uc66pcF.jpg

Bullseye is happily on his base now.

HAK24uA.jpg

Bill got an Oily Steel pistol and the holster has been basecoated Leather Brown.

His trousers started from a basecoat of Steel Grey and then got highlights of 2:1 and 1:1 Steel Grey/Wolf Grey. I'm not sure yet whether to go over them with a wash to emphasize the folds a bit more.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Moar progress:-

n51Gh0P.jpgWuWBgsK.jpg4gCJDGB.jpg

Washed his trousers with some thinned 1:1 Cold Stone Grey/Steel Grey, this wasn't dark enough, so they got another wash of a 2:1 Grey/Black Shadewashes, then reapplied the 1:1 Steel Grey/Wolf Grey.

It looks better, but I'm still a bit flummoxed by the right leg, it's like the sculptor couldn't decide between trousers or bandages, so it's stuck in a limbo between the two.

Then I started on his metal legs. The framework is Oily Steel, the gears are Brassy Brass and the knees and hooves are Bronze, they've been washed and once they're dry I'll highlight them up.

Then there's just the thingy he's standing on to do and he's done.

• Like 4

Painted his thingy and attached him to his base:-

qLxpRuJ.jpg

Didn't fit as well as I would've liked (the bottom of his thingy is rather uneven), so I've really had to gloop on the Pumice Paste to hide the gaps.

Going to leave it to dry overnight, and hopefully finish everything off tomorrow.

• Like 5

Thanks!

Well Bill and Bullseye are all done.

I've got the next few Twisted minis all lined up, but I'm trying not to get too focused on one range so it'll be a little while before I get my steampunk on again.

• Like 2