Darkmeer

WHFRPG 2e

4 posts in this topic

So, I'm beginning a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game Campaign since the Humble Bundle came out and we all now have the books.  I'm looking for ideas and inspiration for a basic Warhammer Fantasy adventure that feels setting specific that I can use to jump start a campaign.  I plan on this being my winter campaign this year, but I have out googled myself, and I just can't come up with something that I really like.  I have the entire line thanks to the bundle, I even found some fan made "missing" material (elves).

So, does anyone have any good suggestions/ideas that you've used to jump start a campaign? 

Dark, medieval (Dark Ages with magic) fantasy. Pretty much use that as the background of your campaign & you should be good to go. Throw in a little Chaos every now & then to spice things up.

1 person likes this

Just traveling in Warhammer is dangerous. I had a dwarven rune messenger  (something like that, it was a decade ago) and the campaign was just based on getting my guy safely to various areas. Also we were tasked with recovering magic items, which I recall were very rare. 

2 people like this

See if you can find the old, first edition, The Enemy Within campaign, collected as The Warhammer Campaign.

You'll need to convert, but it is a lot of fun, and set in the older, third edition Warhammer, version of the Warhammer world.

Where Karl Franz is a weakling, put in place by the Elector Counts, not a superhero, flying around on a griffon and wielding Gal Maraz!!1!

Yeah, I hate the changes. Give me the old Old World.... And for the sake of all the gods, keep me well away from the BLEEEEEP! that is Age of Sigmar.

The Auld Grump

3 people like this