Amazing!  You are truly gifted!

Yes please more tutorials!!

2 people like this

great job, i really like the flames on the shoulder 

1 person likes this

So cool!

I love that shiny effect.

1 person likes this

perfect... and don't forget you promised a tutorial...   now I just have to wait...

done yet?

1 person likes this

Wow and wow again.. Another mini that leaves me baffled and struggling to find the words for a proper praise!

This is probably one of the best applications of Sky-Earth NMM I have seen. And not just that but this speaks simply perfection in all senses. 

Now all is left for us mere mortals is to await for the promised tutorial and strive to be this good in the future...

Edited by VolksFest
1 person likes this

Really excellent. 

1 person likes this

He looks delicious!

4 people like this

Really cool. I think the effect is more successful on the back, as opposed to the front. It may just be the sculpt lends itself to it more, though. I really like the flames on the shoulder pad and the battle scars.

2 people like this

Ooooooooooooooooo, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! :wub:

2 people like this

Wow.  I really like it from the back.  The backpack looks like Chrome!  Very nice job! :lol:

2 people like this

This is quite spectacular! It is seamlessly blended and super duper shiny! Your precision is amazing as always. The wire on the base is a great touch. 

I do think it is missing one thing though: a backdrop. A backdrop of ground + sky would give a source for the blue sky reflection, that the brown photo background doesn't have. It would make the S part of SENMM more credible, since it is tough to visually distinguish blue reflection on chrome from super shiny blue material (the brown breaks the blue, but otherwise the effect is "blue metal"). The paintjob itself? Friggin' nutso good ::D: 

2 people like this

Thank you all so much for your kind words!!!

On 10/13/2017 at 0:08 PM, Reaperbryan said:

He looks delicious!

Spoken like a true Tyranid player!  :;):

21 hours ago, Cyradis said:

This is quite spectacular! It is seamlessly blended and super duper shiny! Your precision is amazing as always. The wire on the base is a great touch. 

I do think it is missing one thing though: a backdrop. A backdrop of ground + sky would give a source for the blue sky reflection, that the brown photo background doesn't have. It would make the S part of SENMM more credible, since it is tough to visually distinguish blue reflection on chrome from super shiny blue material (the brown breaks the blue, but otherwise the effect is "blue metal"). The paintjob itself? Friggin' nutso good ::D: 

Thanks a bunch!

The backdrop idea is a very good point, and something I'll have to consider adding.  Unfortunately, my background pool is pretty limited at them moment, though..

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corporea
      Whew.  I finished him.  I have to say, this was a fun project.  The idea came to me sometime last year, but it took awhile for me to get around to working on him.  I've decided that monochrome relaxes me.  It's just easier somehow to take color out of the picture and just work on shadows and highlights.  I think I need to vary my levels a bit, but overall, I wanted it to read as a night scene, so I'm happy.  I like the idea of an accent color.  I've been wanting to try that for awhile now.  Though looking at him, I could probably pop the osl on his face. the pumpkin in the back worked out better- most likely because it has larger opening for the eyes.   I tried to find his sku number in the catalog and failed, but this was The Headless Mousling from 2014, sculpted by Gene Van Horne.I used a bones rat, a pillar from the graveyard set, and 2 pumpkins.   Anyway, enjoy and Happy Halloween!  I'm using my new Iphone and seem to have issues editing, so pics may be a bit funky...  

• By peepster1976
      First Attempt at NMM.
      Watched some videos on Youtube, but i find it difficult where to put the "reflections" on the gold, aka where and how much, do i put the white.
      plzz advice.
      Colour used
      white
      middlestone, Vallejo air
      Dark earth, vallejo air
      burnt umber, vallejo air
      carroburg crimson, citadel shade

I use vallejo air, because i like the waterys viscosity of the paint. I can wetblend with it on the model.
      Just started with Airbrush, so i try to basecolour as much as posible with airbrush

• By KingMob
      For your consideration: Reaper Bones miniature Female Anti-Paladin.

It wasn't until I started on my idea for the shield that I realized that *it* was the Main Character. Not exactly a daemon-possessed sword, but a symbiotic relationship none-the-less. Extravagant tone with bright, decadent colors. She-Hulk for the hair.  Massive Voodoo for the dots. (More dots!) My cat Zen for the eyes. (He's a Tom.) Lots of non-textured areas to tell a story. Great player character or reoccurring NPC. 
      A lesson of extreme - in Color and form. The armor was protective but the clothing was tattered like a torn mesh bodysuit. Heavy straps encircled limbs and the armored boots formed like hooves. Toothy maw adornment on the armor hints at hunger. A very introspective Pin-Up.

I hope you enjoy. :)

• By Sophie was taken
      Learn to Paint Kit 3:
      When these kits were still being sold, it was suggested that this one be attempted last, even though it is #3. So now, having done the rest, it’s time to get down to business. 

Look at all these paints! There’s even a bottle of the brush-on sealer that everyone keeps taking about. I’m excited! Fresh brushes too!

The minis are Anduriel Brightflame, Elven Warrior and Tyden, Female Barbarian. A bit of flashing and some non-Euclidean geometry happening to their weapons, but that’s nothing unusual. I’m impressed by the details on these minis, Anduriel in particular has a lot going on.

Now to take a look at the instructions, see what this Non-Metallic Metal is all about.

Oh.

Okay. I see why it was recommended to wait on this one. Did I say excited? I meant terrified.

Ah well, no sense delaying the inevitable, time to prep and practice. I hope it’s interesting at least.
    • By Darcstaar

This is was my entry for the 4th quarterly Reaper Facebook contest.  It was good enough for 3rd place!

There were so many well painted models, and awesome interpretations.

As I was planning it, my starting idea was copper nmm.  I didn't want the typical verdigris.  Then I thought a bluish or purple to counter the orange, so that got me thinking Drow with purple glazed into her shadows. 

Then I took that farther to try to get OSL in her eyes, shield, and base as if she was casting 'protection from good' or something.

Sadly, the OSL was saved to the end when I ran out of time.  So I tried a bright rim around those areas, then a purple glaze.  It wasn't striking enough for my tastes, but ... deadlines!

So, I hope you like her.

Sorry if the photo is blurry, it's a cell phone screen grab.

C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)