perfect... and don't forget you promised a tutorial...   now I just have to wait...

done yet?

• Like 1

Wow and wow again.. Another mini that leaves me baffled and struggling to find the words for a proper praise!

This is probably one of the best applications of Sky-Earth NMM I have seen. And not just that but this speaks simply perfection in all senses. 

Now all is left for us mere mortals is to await for the promised tutorial and strive to be this good in the future...

Edited by VolksFest
  • Like 1

Really cool. I think the effect is more successful on the back, as opposed to the front. It may just be the sculpt lends itself to it more, though. I really like the flames on the shoulder pad and the battle scars.

• Like 2

Wow.  I really like it from the back.  The backpack looks like Chrome!  Very nice job! :lol:

• Like 2

This is quite spectacular! It is seamlessly blended and super duper shiny! Your precision is amazing as always. The wire on the base is a great touch. 

I do think it is missing one thing though: a backdrop. A backdrop of ground + sky would give a source for the blue sky reflection, that the brown photo background doesn't have. It would make the S part of SENMM more credible, since it is tough to visually distinguish blue reflection on chrome from super shiny blue material (the brown breaks the blue, but otherwise the effect is "blue metal"). The paintjob itself? Friggin' nutso good ::D: 

• Like 2

Thank you all so much for your kind words!!!

On 10/13/2017 at 0:08 PM, Reaperbryan said:

He looks delicious!

Spoken like a true Tyranid player!  :;):

21 hours ago, Cyradis said:

This is quite spectacular! It is seamlessly blended and super duper shiny! Your precision is amazing as always. The wire on the base is a great touch. 

I do think it is missing one thing though: a backdrop. A backdrop of ground + sky would give a source for the blue sky reflection, that the brown photo background doesn't have. It would make the S part of SENMM more credible, since it is tough to visually distinguish blue reflection on chrome from super shiny blue material (the brown breaks the blue, but otherwise the effect is "blue metal"). The paintjob itself? Friggin' nutso good ::D: 

Thanks a bunch!

The backdrop idea is a very good point, and something I'll have to consider adding.  Unfortunately, my background pool is pretty limited at them moment, though..

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paedia
      Trista is one of my favorite sculpts; I really love that she is in practical (but still super cool) armor. I wasn't that keen on her existing sword, so I swapped it out for one of the swords on the sprues that came with Bones 3 (I think).

So far, I have some basic lighting blocked in and have done much of the work on her face and hair.

• By Gyar
      First real attempt at NMM bronze, and I got carried away with the freehand. Doesn't really match the model but eh, I enjoyed it. 

• By Cyradis
      I did the eyes for this one months ago. I'm going to try NMM steel on her armor and weapons (I've mostly done weapons previously). Skin is the olive triad, but i tried the yellow-red-blue top to bottom as tints, in addition to my red brick shadows and golden highlights. Hair is base coated only. Skirt has a dark shadow base, and preliminary deepest shadow layers. It will be a deep red in the end. I'll keep taking it brighter until I am happy with it. I want it to be a bit darker than some of the trim on the armor. Perhaps it will get freehanded. Not sure yet. 

Also... oh my gosh my paint stays wet for SO LONG. What?! How do I? I can blend the things!?

• By dks
      Here is the latest of my Pathfinder figures that I painted: Barzillai Thrune (#60205). 
      I sculpted this figure last year and he was newly available at ReaperCon 2017.  If you go to ReaperCon this year, you can see this figure in person.
      As with Octavio Sabinus (link to my Show-Off thread), Barzillai also appears in the Pathfinder Adventure Path "Hell's Rebels" as a major NPC: link to cover image of #97. (Wayne Reynolds painted the cover art.  The armor makes me think of a shark.)
      Barzillai is the new lord-mayor in Kintargo, and his notions of law and order are going to provoke a lot of resentment, especially from the PCs!
      I wanted the base to evoke a city under siege, so I sculpted the stone rubble out of Aves Apoxie Sculpt, and stuck some toothpicks in as stakes.

Enjoy!

Derek
    • By Cyradis
      I used this figure for CMPA's Adventurer Challenge, and practicing chilling out on a figure instead of going detail crazy. Naturally that meant I had to try something new on it anyway. 

New: I put a lot of effort into her hair, and actually used it as practice for the hair on my ranger to get better hair methodology down.
      New: I also took a stab at NMM on armor, with mixed success. Not 100% happy, but it didn't get as much effort as the hair, and I wasn't going for perfection on that part. Same with the sword, not 100% happy, but decided to be satisfied until I try another figure.

Because I couldn't resist: I decided the boots were bland, so I freehanded gladiola flowers onto her boot. Then her bra and her dagger needed flowers too. Her name is now Gladys, because she likes said flowers. 

The minimal effort: Skin tones. I went for a pretty basic set, didn't go crazy on this part, but for a "good enough". 

• Who's Online   33 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)