It's almost that time of year again! And by that I mean it's almost November. I started this last year in place of doing NaNoWriMo. Instead of writing a novel I paint a mini a day. I have tweaked the rules slightly from last year since I wasn't able to complete it the way I wanted to because life. So here are the revised rules and my calendar. I'm going to try to do this one mini each day but if that fails as long as I have 30 minis at the end of the month I'll consider it a success.

Rules:

• Must paint at least 30 minis (1 for each day)
  • 1 sculpt = 1 mini
  • Prep beforehand is encouraged. 
  • No brush restrictions

Calendar:

I only do this for my sanity and to keep me on track and motivated. This year all but 2 of the minis are from Bones 3. 

59e3c13f24907_minivember17.png.3bbf100a4101f97f2ae383c04002f082.png

There probably won't be much updating to this until November actually starts or is very near to it. I think that's it for now. Thanks for looking!

• Like 16

Great idea.  I wanted to participate in it last year, but.....  ummmm..... looks over at house.  I'm hoping to use the Shaded Basecoat method from the class at RCon to speed up my painting to give this a whirl.  

• Like 5

I admire your dedication and chutzpah in painting so many figures in so little time! Best wishes on this, @SparrowMarie

Maybe I'll try something like this over Thanksgiving or winter break.... I have no idea when I'd have a whole month to do this! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sophie was taken said:

Is there any way to maybe get in for...not one every day?

As long as 30 are painted by the end of the month you're good. I probably wasn't real clear about that. It doesn't have to be one a day just one for each day.

• Like 3

Now if I did that every month for the next three of four years I could almost eliminate the backlogged stuff lurking in The Vault of Pack Rattiness.

I have enough time available just about every day to devote to it with some of the extra time spent on side projects relating to the minis. It is something to consider doing.

All that aside, GOOD LUCK with the project!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

As long as 30 are painted by the end of the month you're good. I probably wasn't real clear about that. It doesn't have to be one a day just one for each day.

Ah, gotcha. Looking at your list, there are a few you could probably double up (or more) on in a day. Or at least, get started for future days. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

Ah, gotcha. Looking at your list, there are a few you could probably double up (or more) on in a day. Or at least, get started for future days. Good luck!

Yeah, I plan out my color schemes beforehand which helps a lot. So then I can just flip through my notebook and find where I've used the same color and then just paint multiple pieces at once.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

I'm going to try the full challenge this year, got my minis selected and am working on prepping them.

Awesome!

I might try a variation of this and try to put a large dent in my Cthulhu Wars factions.

Black Goat - 20 minis, power marker, doom point tracker (Shub has already been started, but the rest haven't)

Crawling Chaos - 20 minis, power marker, doom point tracker

Great Cthulhu - 19 minis, power marker, doom point marker (15 minis have been painted already, but one 1 is done)

Opener of the Way - 21 minis, power marker, doom point tracker

Sleeper - 20 minis, power marker, doom point tracker

Tcho Tcho - 21 minis, power marker, doom point tracker

Windwalker - 20 minis, power marker, doom point tracker
Yellow Sign - 22 minis, power marker, doom point tracker

Those numbers might be off a little here and there, but 180 miniatures or so. I want them done by New Year's. Each faction has a pretty obvious color scheme, so it is a little simpler than the above challenge. That being said, there is a lot to this one. Also, I haven't prepped most of them yet. Lots to do.

As someone that did this last time, I commend you and anyone else that is in on it!

• Like 3

Nice idea! Volume of work is the key to making progress in bettering most creative disciplines anyway.  The more the merrier!

• Like 2

I'm going to try this also. I have a huge backlog of Zombicide figures, much of Bones 2, and almost all of Bones 3 to choose from. I will choose figures and plan when I get back from ReaperCon next week.

• Like 4

On 10/17/2017 at 10:57 AM, Kate said:

I'm going to try this also. I have a huge backlog of Zombicide figures, much of Bones 2, and almost all of Bones 3 to choose from. I will choose figures and plan when I get back from ReaperCon next week.

Sounds like my plans as well, plus Bones1.

• Like 3