Deep in the Golad Mountains of Domaar, in the vale of Prin Guls between the Night Elven realm of Khimzul, and the High Elven realm of Auborlon stand the Watch Towers of Prin Guls as a first line of defense against a Night Elven attack.

This is my first serious modeling for my 3d Printer, and is designed to turn an ordinary Pringles can into an Elven themed Watch Tower. These are the first pieces in what will hopefully be another modular fortress. 

470d2602519c40d89fb6483cfb8b0668_preview_featured.jpg2a7f23ceb421549fa89561402bea32c7_preview_featured.jpg

Yes, those are Anhurians manning the battlements right now, as I only had one lone elf painted and readily available.

cdde5581808acd1dbd86a39e186e8339_preview_featured.jpg5f051cdedd611dce8f1e32cb1b4351e3_preview_featured.jpg

• Like 21

Looks great!

One Elf with a bow will be a menace to all invaders!

Even if they are from the Lost Valley of Chee Tohs

Thanks All. It's been fun figuring this out. 

Got a coat of primer on it this morning, will be working on it tonight and will try to post some more WiP pictures. 

22 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

Excellent! One must always stand vigilant against attack by the armies of Dor' Rito and invasion from the Barbarians of Ruffle Ridge.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks great!

One Elf with a bow will be a menace to all invaders!

Even if they are from the Lost Valley of Chee Tohs

LOL. I decided to use Prin Guls as a clever way of saying "Wargaming Terrain Made with Pringles Can". 

When I went to post it, I thought about how Froggy always gives a little back story, and so I borrowed some names from the new D&D campaign setting my son and I are working on to give a little story. 

But now, after your input, I'm thinking that the whole area between the Night Elves and the High Elves is going to have to have snack food themed names. 

• Like 7

So I primed it with a red automotive primer, then drybrushed it with several successively lighter shades of craft paint.  On to painting details, and prettying it up. 

IMG_2151.thumb.JPG.a536310c991bad931c6b488a9379b187.JPG

Also started designing and printing some variant pieces.  Not happy with the roof, though. I don't think it needs to be that tall, and it takes too long to print.  In the process of redesigning it. 
IMG_2171.thumb.JPG.a5342136f6d7d6e484af93cf1a0dc200.JPG

• Like 15

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Comi
      Hello Reaper community!

I am Isaac from LastSword Miniatures and today I would like to share here our new kickstarter.

From today until 10th of september campaign will be open. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords-ii-dragons-roar/

This is our second campign with elves. 

You will find two new infantry regiments:

Albus Custodes: elves with two hand weapons and heavy armour.

Dragon Guard: great axe, dragon cloack and heavy armour.

Furthermore you can take regiments from our first campign too:

Elven Spearmen.

Elven Archers:

We have four new regiments that you can get for free with Streach Goals

Lord Commander

High Custode

Prime Draco

Elven Princess

And our old characters from our first Elven Lords:

Elf Prince 

El Mage.

We have scultped new scenery elements too.

The Obelisk.

Elven Statue.

Amphoras.

Ornamental bases.

All our old scenery willl be avariable too in the Pledge Manager.

We have some Early birds guys, so do not miss you opportunity to get them  and have a look now at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords-ii-dragons-roar/

Thank you! And thanks to Reaper to let us share our campaign!
    • By Lidless Eye
      Since it's arrival last month, I've been experimenting with my first 3D Printer.  Today marked the first finished painted projects that were made on it.

Several Giants, designed by Duncan "Shadow" Louca.

The Gourdlock, by dutchmogul:

One of my favorite finds while randomly searching for STL files, the Dwarf Rock Star, also by dutchmogul.

Completing my Frostgrave Bestiaries is an eventual goal...here's a simple crab from Rocket Pig

Tortles seem to be the new hotness since their introduction in a charity event tied to "Tomb of Annihilation".  These guys are a mix from Fat Dragon and the wonderful DM Workshop

The last are a murder of Redcaps, again designed by DM Workshop.  I swapped out their weapons to give them some variety.

• By Brianuk
      Inspired by getting the docks done I did some more work on an unfinished watchtower project. 
      It is a hexagonal pencil pot that I sawed in half. I put in balsa supports then layered coffee stirrers for the roof. 
      To defend it I have added foam core board annexes either side of the door. 
      I need to figure out how to do a lip all around the upper part (which will lift off) to disguise the joins. 
      For the door I am probably just going to stick some magnetic material to the back of a couple of one sided resin doors so there can be a broken and unbroken option. 
      Will paint or stick on the other doors and arrow slits. 
      I haven't put it on a hill, wanted it to be versatile so a fairly limited wooden base. Will landscape it but keep it relatively flat. 
      Will also add the ability to stick in artillery, I have the dwarf organ gun from Mantic and think that would be ideal as a 'deck gun'. 

• By eldamir
      So one of my November goals was to work on (or even finish) the DDS 2014 tower ruins .. If you look at the WIP thread, you'll see that it took me a LOOONG time to get this done finally.. 

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the treasure came out, and learned a lot from applying the sand without painting the base Bonesium first, but over all, I'm fairly happy with it... 

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 115 Guests (See full list)