Corporea

...and STAY OUT! (headless mousling)

Oh my word! This is above all a very clever composition. The OSL and every other painting technique is simply top notch. I just love it!! 

• Like 2

Super fun!  I love how the gazes of the characters in the scene are converging on the signs, and the monochrome is super cool (especially with the fun OSL accents!)!

Can't wait to see the whole composition (and the talented artist behind it!) in person in a couple of days!!!

• Like 3

I haven't seen much of a monochrome approach in painting miniatures and wouldn't have thought it could be pulled off but you nailed it!  The OSL is great too, it really adds to the creepy and bleak tone of the piece!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      Meet Pollux! And his pseudo-dragon Nestor! Privateer turned Merc, and part of the Red Cloaks. Also: plays with fire.

89014: Seltyiel, Iconic Magus - BONES. Can you say 'fiddly bits'? This guy is packed to the gills with fiddly bits to paint. Yup, that much detail on a BONES miniature.

Painted in Autumn palette with NMM, OSL, and Texture. Really dig this miniature and how much character that was packed into 28mm. Another Klocke sculpt! That guys is brililant. Or insane. Or insanely brilliant. Either way, I like it.

• By Redd Knekk
      Thought this guy would be a fun, quick paint, but turned into a tedious, long pain. Definitely not my best work but was trying new things mainly with metallics and OSL. As I went along, there were some things I wanted to experiment with so I did that at the expense of details, smooth highlights, etc. 

Really only intended it to be seen from the front (first pic), but as soon as I took pictures a thousand things popped up I could do better.

Anyway, here you go, and if you would like to tell me how you’d do it with these color light sources, please do.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, now that the contest is over, here are some pictures of entry in Reaper's Painting Contest #8. Congrats to the winners and all those who participated. I can't wait to see the next model selection. The model is 77364, Angel of Shadows and it's mounted on a 77247, Pillar of Evil both sculpted by Sandra Garrity. The last picture was my entry in the contest, I managed to finish second.

I entitled my entry the Angel of Hope. I removed the sword she was holding in here right hand and I carved her finger as if she's pointing the way for the lost souls so they will to turn back to the light.

• By Darcstaar
      This was my entry for the Quarterly Bones Reaper Fan Facebook Painting Contest.
      The Angel of Shadow.  She was good enough for an Honorable Mention (Thanks Reaper Matt)!
      For the prior contest, I liked how people were getting interesting light effects by using a black backdrop, so I tried that.
      Another reason I wanted to do it was to see if I could put her on a standard gaming base, supported by a rod painted black to fade into the backdrop, to give her a good illusion of flying.
      Also, this was my first attempt at Monochrome.  My final idea was to do a weapon swap to a wand (A cross-looking weapon from the BONES 3 Weapon Sprue), and sculpted my take on Acid Arrow, painting it green as the only color on the model, like those stunning black and white photos with colored flowers, etc.  I would say I'm a much better painter than sculptor

Her paints used

As time wore down, I had to abandon thoughts of OSL, so I made it seem like her lantern had died out and the spell didn't cast much light.

Here are some other photos against an out-of-focus rug to show some tighter details.
      I tried to put some texture into the fabric of her dress, which was another first.

C&C Welcome!

• By Redd Knekk
      Painted this guy a while back, but wanted to post now to get some critiques.

I'm working on putting more OSL into my minis since they get used for DnD, so any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. In this case, I wanted the direction of the observer to be from straight ahead, so the light would sort of shade around the side of his face in a cool way. Enjoy El’Sam Sonjack, wisecracking mage of Chult.

Have a great day!!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)