Corporea

...and STAY OUT! (headless mousling)

Oh my word! This is above all a very clever composition. The OSL and every other painting technique is simply top notch. I just love it!! 

• Like 2

Super fun!  I love how the gazes of the characters in the scene are converging on the signs, and the monochrome is super cool (especially with the fun OSL accents!)!

Can't wait to see the whole composition (and the talented artist behind it!) in person in a couple of days!!!

• Like 3

I haven't seen much of a monochrome approach in painting miniatures and wouldn't have thought it could be pulled off but you nailed it!  The OSL is great too, it really adds to the creepy and bleak tone of the piece!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  Continuing on with practicing OSL.  I started by undershading with dark brown and purple and highlighted up to linen white on his body and base.  I did the same thing but with black and greys on his staff.

I then added the blue for his robe, using two sets of blues.  One set has no light effect colour added.  The other set has the yellow added.  I did the shading and highlighting on the dark side with the blues that didn't have the yellow added.  I used the set with the yellow added anywhere that I thought the light was going to hit, using the undershading as a guide as to where that would be.  The yellow I mixed with the blue is also used on the orb.

Then I added the other colours (particularly the staff and the fleshtones) using the same approach of mixing up two sets of the colours to use side by side.

Overall I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  A few of the values seem out of balance though.  Particularly parts of the staff compared to the adjacent areas on his robe.  Some of the flesh tones that are further away from the orb need to be darker still.  The part of the staff directly below the orb seems too bright overall, especially right beneath the orb.  Still a work in progress.

• By dmpv01
      These two minis are the same character, one in an action pose as an eldritch knight, and the other as arch mage of the mages college. These are for an upcoming pathfinder campaign. These are custom heroforge minis I printed and sculpted flames on the sword for added effect.

• By Boaz
      I have an idea or three ... but would like to hear others impression of the impressive Space Mouslings by Gene Van Horne ... who are they in your galaxy what are they like and what do they do ... we each have our own lil galaxy and no two are exactly alike ... so ... how do you see space mouslings in your galaxy ?
    • By Cyradis
      I used this figure for CMPA's Adventurer Challenge, and practicing chilling out on a figure instead of going detail crazy. Naturally that meant I had to try something new on it anyway. 

New: I put a lot of effort into her hair, and actually used it as practice for the hair on my ranger to get better hair methodology down.
      New: I also took a stab at NMM on armor, with mixed success. Not 100% happy, but it didn't get as much effort as the hair, and I wasn't going for perfection on that part. Same with the sword, not 100% happy, but decided to be satisfied until I try another figure.

Because I couldn't resist: I decided the boots were bland, so I freehanded gladiola flowers onto her boot. Then her bra and her dagger needed flowers too. Her name is now Gladys, because she likes said flowers. 

The minimal effort: Skin tones. I went for a pretty basic set, didn't go crazy on this part, but for a "good enough". 

• By dmpv01
      This is one of two figures in the Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures line Male Tiefling Mage. It was one of the first minis I picked up when I was learning to paint. I wasn't sure how I wanted to paint it, so it's been sitting in my inventory for a few months. Now that I have some experience with lighting effects, I decided to go over the top with the color.

• Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)