Corporea

...and STAY OUT! (headless mousling)

Oh my word! This is above all a very clever composition. The OSL and every other painting technique is simply top notch. I just love it!! 

• Like 2

Super fun!  I love how the gazes of the characters in the scene are converging on the signs, and the monochrome is super cool (especially with the fun OSL accents!)!

Can't wait to see the whole composition (and the talented artist behind it!) in person in a couple of days!!!

• Like 3

I haven't seen much of a monochrome approach in painting miniatures and wouldn't have thought it could be pulled off but you nailed it!  The OSL is great too, it really adds to the creepy and bleak tone of the piece!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LarsM
      After a long nights work at the Lucky Sunrise Inn, Eric the Bard stepped out of the back-stage door, he had rather heavy bag of gold hanging in his belt, it had been a good night. The streets were empty, and he began the walk home, but as he turned the first corner he saw the most beautifull sunrise over the roof tops. He just had to take his hat off and admire the sight...

Two old minis, probaly Ral Partha.
      The base is scratch build, mainly from sculpting clay, a bit of wire and green stuff and short piece of plastic tube. The skull and the 'Lucky'-sign (the shield) is from the bits box.
      I tried to work with a bit of NMM, but I'm too satisfied with it. Mostly the handle on the bards sword is a bit off.
      But in overall I'm happy with it, and it was a lot of fun to paint, I'm just a sucker of OSL so hope the effect is visible.

Any kind critiq is more than welcome, thanks for looking.

• By ThirstyBob
      Finished Spellweaver from Gloomhaven for a comission. First attempt at OSL, and first bona fide 28mm eye job. C&C welcomed.

• By Geoff Davis
      My OSL project -- 02682: Selmarina, Witch by Bob Ridolfi.  My intention is to make the orb look like a flaming orange gem.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

• By Pochi
      This is Istariel from Judgement. I am pretty happy with how she turned out.

I used the Olive Skin triad on her. I just bought them at Cancon and wanted to test them out. Really like them so will be ordering some of the other skin triads soon. I used several other Reaper paints including Nightshade Purple (my favorite!), and the clears = red, yellow, and purple.

She is the first 54 mm that I have painted. I figured with her being larger, her eyes would be bigger. Nope!

With so much fire and the way that it wraps around her, it was hard to do realistic highlights and shadows. I instead decided to highlight and shade her "normally" with some respect to the fire as a light source but not a set in stone guideline. I then did OSL on her using the colors of which part of the flame I thought would be hitting particular areas. My favorite parts are her right side, her underlit underboobs, and the back of her hair.

She has a lean. I have reglued her twice and she still leans. I am sure it is user error but damned if I can get her to stand straight!

Thanks for looking. C&C always welcome.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)