Corporea

...and STAY OUT! (headless mousling)

Oh my word! This is above all a very clever composition. The OSL and every other painting technique is simply top notch. I just love it!! 

• Like 2

great job, the monochromatic color scheme gives it a more creepy appearance

• Like 2

Super fun!  I love how the gazes of the characters in the scene are converging on the signs, and the monochrome is super cool (especially with the fun OSL accents!)!

Can't wait to see the whole composition (and the talented artist behind it!) in person in a couple of days!!!

• Like 3

I haven't seen much of a monochrome approach in painting miniatures and wouldn't have thought it could be pulled off but you nailed it!  The OSL is great too, it really adds to the creepy and bleak tone of the piece!

• Like 1

This is amazing! So cute! Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SirLarpsAlot
      WIP Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77998-3-color-challenge-on-lendil-blackroot/
      Challenge Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77990-cmpa-three-color-challenge/

I finished the painting on Lendil by adding some OSL. I found the purple hard to work with in terms of the effect. I wanted a brighter purple but the Royal Purple + Linen White didn't get nearly as vivid as I wanted. Instead, poor Lendil's staff is giving off a soft purple glow. It's fine, just not the final effect I was looking for. :)

I gave him a bit of a base. Just a couple of tufts and some mud. I need to start working on getting better at basing. I think that might be a thing for 2018.

• By Cyradis
      My D&D group's cleric picked the torch and scythe wielding townsfolk from this pack: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/townsfolk/latest/03123

My D&D group's cleric is an herbalist cleric. He provides the.... healing... herbs. Medicinal use herbs. He's an exceedingly chipper and happy character, much to the annoyance of the emo necrobard. 

But he uses a scythe, and decided to go with this figure. I don't like this figure. It has an ANGRY face. Super grumpy. All of the grump. Terrible choice for that character. 

Player told me that I didn't have to go high on the detail with it, so I didn't do as much as my usual. I still practiced OSL and I tried to turn the frown upside-down. I think the result is that he now looks like a very happy mass murderer, instead of just generically pissed. 

Anyway, rip it to shreds, lemme know what I can do better in the future. I didn't do the most exciting blending or layering or glazing by any stretch deliberately, though. 

I also was using a different location for my camera and I didn't feel like getting a perfect setup, so stuff is crooked and I'm not going to go back and take more photos. *HARUMPH*. 

• By Clearman
      While I own most of the mouslings, this is the first that I've gotten around to painting.  It was a special request from the youngest daughter, and since I still owed her a painted mousling for her birthday, this went to the top of the list.

I like his "I'm a ruler of the underworld, but I'm so darn cute" look.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

• By Vacaroja
      I've been collecting minis for almost 30 years and finally getting around to doing what I've been wanting to do which is actually paint them.  Started a couple months ago with a few Dark Sword Critter Kingdom minis and an old Grenadier dragon.  And now this, which is my first Reaper mini and an attempt at NMM.

C&C welcome.
    • By dks
      On the Monday evening after ReaperCon, Joseph Wolf (ReaperWolf, author of the Dreadmere setting and the faction adventures at the convention) ran a role-playing adventure for the painters and sculptors still present at Reaper HQ -- 10 of us.*
      Before we could play, each of us had to choose a figure for our character and paint it in about 2 hours.
      I chose this figure, Bobby Jackson's "slug hunter".  (Imagine his bottle to be a salt shaker, and he's sprinkling salt with his left hand.)  My character was a rogue with a magical bottle.
      I did most of the painting in a monochrome brown gradient (Brown Liner, Woodstain Brown, Driftwood Brown, Creamy Ivory), but added Aged Bone on the boots and base and dagger, and then Light Blue and Mint Green and some other blues and greens on various areas.  I also glazed some pink (Rosy Skin, maybe?) on his face and hands. 
      Back at home last weekend, I spent a couple of hours smoothing and glazing and doing touchups.  I also trimmed off and touched up a few mold-lines that I hadn't noticed.
      (The game was a lot of fun.  We had a group mission but chose individually whether we were going to help or hinder it, and the eventual infighting and scheming led to amusing hijinks.)

Enjoy,
      Derek

*  Around the table: me, Chris Lewis, Julie Guthrie, Bob Ridolfi, Angela Imrie, Michael Proctor, Bobby Jackson, Tim Hill, Gene Van Horne, and Jason Wiebe.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)