On a whim I decided to do a quick paint job on some Artizan 7th cav figures I've had laying around for a while.   We play a game called Dead Mans Hand and since it's a small scale skirmish game it takes just a few minis.

Painted jackets and pants then did a wash on both.  Also basecoated some leather.  Also used Tanned Leather as a basecoat for yellow neckerchiefs.  Decided to go with a few different hat colors just so it's easier to differentiate models on the table.

59e618b4cdc5b_7thCav-2.thumb.jpg.74b47ab7ea3285b31165db7b674bc997.jpg

Pretty much done.  Need to do some rank markings on their sleeves once I'm reminded what the different ranks in the game are.  Also need to finish the bases.

59e618af72368_7thCav-1.thumb.jpg.0123cf61bc3bc1083c0703019f24b713.jpg

• Like 7

They are good looking miniatures. You are making a FINE start on them, but now I have the theme song from F Troop playing through my head. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By prophetic_joe
      Painted the Texas Ranger at the paint and take at Tri-con in Sioux City, Iowa. Really quick paint job but I am happy with him.

• By viking_hank
      Am I the only person that say this when I looked at this mini?

• By MojoBob

I'm pretty sure this figure must have come from Reaper's first Bones Kickstarter, because they had real trouble with facial features not filling out properly in the mould on a number of the miniatures. This is one such.

In Reaper's catalogue, this is 80003: Ellen Stone, by Bob Ridolfi, but I always call her Jenny No-Nose because, well, she has no nose. Rather than try to fill in her missing features with paint, I've just painted her with a flat rag-doll face with no eyes or nose and just a gash for a mouth. She's a Weird West gun-babe.
    • By Inarah
      Things have been a little rough for me lately and I haven't been painting, but last week my dear husband got some paints out and I started working on random stuff.  This is the original Ellen Stone with no face, from the Vampire box.  I'm pretty happy with how she came out.

• By Chris Palmer
          Over the past few months I have been slowly working on assembling a Santa-themed warband for Frostgrave that is headed by an Enchanter and his apprentice.  This week I finally finished the last figure for it, and while I have shown a few figures here individually in the past, I thought I would present the whole complete group today.
         First up is the Enchanter wizard himself and his Apprentice, in the form of Santa and Mrs Claus. Both are Reaper figures:

Next, up is the Treasure Hunter, and Marksman.  These rolls are filled by Yukon Cornelius (From the 60's Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer TV special), and Black-Powder Peter (from the Dutch Christmas folklore). Both are conversions of North Star's Frostgrave plastic figures.

Following up is four Thieves, in the form of four of Santa's Elves from the North Pole's Gift Repossession Department. These are Reaper figures.

Lastly, we have a pair of Thugs named Blitzen and Donner.  Santa's reindeer need something to occupy themselves with when not flying the sled around. :)  These are metal figures from North Star in their Frostgrave line.

And here's the whole gang in one picture.  I'm really pleased with how this band came together, and look forward to getting a chance to try them out on the table.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)