Tricksay

01534 Patch -Feeling Fall Miniature

Thanks for all the kind comments. He was a incredibly fun Miniature to paint up.

the burlap texture was the first time, but basically, I based in ivory, then shaded with very watered down brown liner. Then carefully applied thinned out brown liner & russet, to apply the cross hatched areas. Using the ivory with a little blond hilight added to clean up or correct anything too thick. 

Last steps was to do some glazes of the russet, brown liner into shadow areas and then a hilight glaze of the blond hilight on the high points (like his little itty bitty nose). A huge amount of going back and forth on all the steps, till I was like, ok done.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Medium_Fancy
      Hello all,

I've been having a great time with my first stab at chibi - so much so that I decided to stop lurking and post something.

I painted up Lou, Max, and Tish here in about a night each, and found them to be welcome departures from more time consuming work.

Hope you enjoy - C&C welcome.

• By DMAgamus
      Hey all, DMAgamus here. It was the extra spoopy time of year again, and I always put on a special game to celebrate. WHat better thing to pain, then, than pieces from the graveyard expansion of bones 3. I present to you, the crypt at the edge of the wilds! The Halloweenies! ANd their minion, Pete the Grave Golem! Also, I've added on pics of the full board, for fun. It was a great time had by all.

Album link:Halloween Painting and Set Up

• By Corporea
      Whew.  I finished him.  I have to say, this was a fun project.  The idea came to me sometime last year, but it took awhile for me to get around to working on him.  I've decided that monochrome relaxes me.  It's just easier somehow to take color out of the picture and just work on shadows and highlights.  I think I need to vary my levels a bit, but overall, I wanted it to read as a night scene, so I'm happy.  I like the idea of an accent color.  I've been wanting to try that for awhile now.  Though looking at him, I could probably pop the osl on his face. the pumpkin in the back worked out better- most likely because it has larger opening for the eyes.   I tried to find his sku number in the catalog and failed, but this was The Headless Mousling from 2014, sculpted by Gene Van Horne.I used a bones rat, a pillar from the graveyard set, and 2 pumpkins.   Anyway, enjoy and Happy Halloween!  I'm using my new Iphone and seem to have issues editing, so pics may be a bit funky...  

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• By Crowley
      In keeping with the month that hosts Halloween, I painted up some familiars! 

Very simply done, starting with grey liner, nightmare black (a little extra purple for the cat) and heraldic red for the eyes (cat and raven) & mouth (bat). Drop of linen white for the cat's eyes, and a drop of dragon gold for her forehead. 

Still need to clean up the bases a bit. Otherwise done!

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)