OneBoot

ReaperCon 2017 pictures

If we know who the couple is, is there a plan to send them a token of appreciation for their sacrifice for Canadian - 'Mexican'* Cultural exchange?

*By way of American bastardization of regional food into junk food

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Ludo said:

Hopeful she didn't monoplize it. And yeah shes my soon to be step daughter.

Only a little, but really I was just glad to see that the spirit of pinball fever lives on.  Getting quality time with a real pinball machine is an increasly rare treat, so it's good she made the most of the opportunity.  I had my allowance stolen by hundreds of the best tables and these days you mostly can't go to any old cornerstore or laundromat to get some silver ball fun times.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

If we know who the couple is, is there a plan to send them a token of appreciation for their sacrifice for Canadian - 'Mexican'* Cultural exchange?

*By way of American bastardization of regional food into junk food

Oddly, I don't remember thier names. I think he was a Brian/Bryan but the last name escapes me.

• Like 6

So I finally managed to get my computer to recognize my phone, but now it thinks it's a modem.  Anyway, it turns out my pictures aren't really all that interesting, being as they are like 80 pictures of the Ghostbusters pinball machine and two of Morihalda photobombing my pictures of the paint display. 

But the important thing is that I had a lot of fun at the Ghostbusters Pinball Machine Con. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

That machine had some issues.  The main one that annoyed me was when you got it into the area on the left and it fired the ball back out it would go right down the center 99% of the time.  Was making me want to go home and play Pinball FX 3 on my XBOX.

7 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

So I finally managed to get my computer to recognize my phone, but now it thinks it's a modem.

mail the picture to yourself. most phones will let you share via email

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

mail the picture to yourself. most phones will let you share via email

I'm glad you specified that you meant email or else he might try putting them in an envelope and sending them to someone to post for him. ::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I should have gotten to this sooner, but I have posted the complete gallery of the Friends of ForScale

The rules for the gallery were that "some (family-friendly) part of you" must be in the picture with Sir ForScale. I will let those who chose to stick with hands, or in one case, hair, identify themselves (or not). I think @GuyWithCoolBackpack wins the award for most creative pose ForScale.

• Like 9

Well, alright then.  Thanks for the assist, techno-wizards!  So here are the pics I got that weren't blurry:

The Ghostbusters table:

ghostbust.thumb.jpg.f11f8b9329536a2c552db45bb83f8715.jpg

And my picture of the paint, being photobombed by Mori (I had called out to her to warn her I was taking a pic and she was in frame if she wanted to move out of the way, she did this instead):

photobomb01.jpg.d205785e10b8a78dee62c6e36af70a68.jpg

I also only just now realized the paint was mounted on Reaper-branded steamer trunks.  Niiiice. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Well, alright then.  Thanks for the assist, techno-wizards!  So here are the pics I got that weren't blurry:

The Ghostbusters table:

ghostbust.thumb.jpg.f11f8b9329536a2c552db45bb83f8715.jpg

And my picture of the paint, being photobombed by Mori (I had called out to her to warn her I was taking a pic and she was in frame if she wanted to move out of the way, she did this instead):

I also only just now realized the paint was mounted on Reaper-branded steamer trunks.  Niiiice. 

Those are the containers that they use to ship products to cons...

The mini racks are as well....

• Like 4

The Rolling Stones pinball machine was less geeky, but amused me greatly because it was a game play element to aim the ball at Mick Jagger. Seems like that's not something that I would have approved in my merchandising...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Seems like when you're tryin' to make a presence at all the major cons, steam trunks with your logo on them are kind of a necessity. Wid little rolly wheels and they can be put in position and deployed in minutes, and in OTHER minutes, sealed, locked, and secured in place.

Kind of a no brainer, really.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2017 at 2:46 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

All the Bones and paint!!!  I would not have left there with more than $1 to my name!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I finally made it through the thread! Wheeee!!! Incoming responses!

On 10/22/2017 at 12:05 AM, GuyWithCoolBackpack said:

Here are some pictures from Doug Cohen's 2 DAY long sculpting class.  Considering It's my first scratch-built mini ever the results are pretty great.  We all got our minis together for a dance party at the end.  Cool class.  

20171020_174657.jpg

I had a ton of fun in that class, though it was definitely a long one. It was nice to chat with you!

On 10/22/2017 at 12:47 AM, Thes Hunter said:

There's too many fine good peeps that I would love vet to hang with but don't have time. ::(: 

On 10/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Sirithiliel said:

Sadly many of the tables with people i liked hanging out with were filled to the brim with people already, so husband and I tended to migrate to a emptier table

On 10/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, skippen said:

That's the opportunity to meet new people!

SAME THOUGH. So many full forumite tables and so many things to do! I did NOT get enough friend time this year. That 2 day class got me good and then I spent the other 2 days hunting down sculptors for critique. ::P:

I did meet more people though! We got to sit and chat with some of the quieter forumites, and discovered that one couple only lived a couple hours away from us! We met up again with @emmagine and the family recently and had a great time. :wub: 

On 10/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Random impressions as I scroll through:

-Just leaf it to Morihalda

-Morihalda leans back with satisfaction for yet another evil plan successfully accomplished

-Reaperbryan is really horn..ed

-Morihalda and Reaperbryan crossing horns in a fight for dominance. Tonight the forest will be bathed in unicorn blood

Shhh!!!!! You don't know my plans!! :lol: 

On 10/27/2017 at 10:51 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Doubt it applies to me... since my hair was relatively well behaved. But the photo above is an example of my hair being bigger than even myself. 

Thes, you have absolutely gorgeous hair! I wanted to say it to you like the second I met you but I didn't want to be more weird than I already am. And then I didn't get another chance!

On 11/15/2017 at 3:46 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

And my picture of the paint, being photobombed by Mori (I had called out to her to warn her I was taking a pic and she was in frame if she wanted to move out of the way, she did this instead):

That was the best convention volunteer experience I've ever had!! I normally end up in security when I volunteer and it takes a lot of energy to watch out for dumb people. Here, I got to hang out and convince people they wanted more paint! And then they bought more paint! It was GREAT. :lol: 

• Like 8