kristof65

Reapercon 2017 minis online?

26 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

On the one hand - yay?  On the other, last year it was available the day the Con started.  Based on that model I refrained from getting a 'membership' since I knew I wouldn't be able to get to the Con, and I would still be able to get a swag bag.  Now that may not happen, unless they a) have extras & b) I happen to look in the store at the right time to snag one.  Had I known they weren't going to offer them in the store I would have signed up for the Con, and they would have mailed me one after the Con was over.  <shrug>  We'll see how it goes.

Last year it was also a bit up in the air, and Reaper did ask that only actual attendees register.  They will make every effort to make swag bags available, they just don't want to commit to it until they're more sure of their numbers.

• Like 5

I specifically asked about registering as a non-attendee, knowing that I was already committed for the time-span involved and the answer I got back was too vague to be of any real use.

This is an area where Reaper really needs to clarify what their policy is/will be going forward.

Was willing to pay full fare for the VIP package knowing I could not attend, just to have access to the swag bag and VIP goodies.  No meals, just a packge to prepare and send out after the con.

Having been involved with putting on a number of multi-day convention events for our Fraternal Order, we would be eager to have people helping to support our events under the above conditions.  Usually there are last minute cancellations and people expect a refund, even though the final numbers have been locked in for everything, including all catered services.

• Like 1

Reaper changed the way they handled ReaperCon tickets and swag bag sales a couple of years ago or so. 

Swag bags used to be available online with preordered tickets to the con and swagbags would be mailed out afterwards to nonattendees.

However Reaper now requires that nonattendees wait until any remaining swag bags from the Con are made available for online sale.

This helps Reaper ensure their expected number of attendees is accurate. An important thing as Interest in ReaperCon continues to grow and attendance climbs.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 7

I recall a year where Reaper was blindsided by an unusually high demand for swag bags and ran out very quickly after they were offered online, to much disappointment.  Since then I think they have tried to keep expectations modest while trying to be as accommodating as they can.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Sophie was taken said:

This includes Sophie, I’m guessing ::(:

Sophie and the Concrud mini are listed as an October 23rd release.

(see my post early in the thread)

• Like 5

As someone who can't travel, I love getting the swag bags online. I understand if they can't be offered this year if they sell out to real attendees, but it would be a little heartbreaking. I hope they can offer the swag paint triad the day after the con if they can't offer the whole bag. I can't resist ordering special event or holiday paints. MSP addiction is real folks. It's even stronger than Sophie addiction. :lol:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CorallineAlgae said:

As someone who can't travel, I love getting the swag bags online. I understand if they can't be offered this year if they sell out to real attendees, but it would be a little heartbreaking. I hope they can offer the swag paint triad the day after the con if they can't offer the whole bag. I can't resist ordering special event or holiday paints. MSP addiction is real folks. It's even stronger than Sophie addiction. :lol:

I totally agree with you old chap.

IMG_0691.PNG

• Like 8

I sure hope I will be able to get a Swag bag.  I have been holding off my October purchase for this. 

With my luck they will run out of both swag bags and goodie bags before I get a chance to order.  :wacko:

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Citrine said:

I sure hope I will be able to get a Swag bag.  I have been holding off my October purchase for this. 

With my luck they will run out of both swag bags and goodie bags before I get a chance to order.  :wacko:

Same here, it's what I've been looking forward to this whole time.

• Like 3