kristof65

Reapercon 2017 minis online?

Will the ReaperCon 2017 Sophie and/or any of the other ReaperCon swag bag minis be in the online store this year? 

• Like 3

There were a couple listed in the October 23 releases that Ladystorm posted. Haven't heard anything definite about the other Con minis.

On 2017-10-10 at 1:10 PM, ladystorm said:
The following new release items have a release date of Monday October 23, 2017.

Reaper Special Edition Miniatures
01450  All Hallow's Eve by Bobby Jackson $11.49
01610 25th Anniversary Lysette by Werner Klocke $10.99
01613 ReaperCon 2017 Sophie $17.99
01614 Con Crud, ReaperCon Zombie $6.99

Dark Heaven Legends Fantasy Metal Miniatures
03839  Vampire Lord by Bob Ridolfi $6.99
03840  Graveflesh Servant (Male) by Bob Ridolfi $6.99
03841  Graveflesh Servant (Female) by Bob Ridolfi $6.99
03842  Sethis, Mummy King by Bob Ridolfi $7.99

Officially Licensed Pathfinder Metal Miniatures
60205  Barzillai Thrune by Derek Schubert $7.99
60206  Octavio Sabinus by Derek Schubert $7.99

• Like 5

I know last year I was able to order a bunch of the Grim Squeeker figures and a Swag bag on Thursday, so I've been keeping an eye out for this years Mouseling and bag, since before the Con opened.  Hopefully that will still be an option this year.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Oh, they won’t be available til Monday? :(

I really hope they'll be available earlier, but it may have given them some logistical challenges in year past that they've decided to avoid this year.  I'll be really bummed if I miss out on a swag bag.  ::(:

• Like 4

The swag bags definitely won't go up until after the con. Its always possible that there won't be any left.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heisler said:

The swag bags definitely won't go up until after the con. Its always possible that there won't be any left.

That's been a concern too.

• Like 2

Last year there was Con stuff available for a few days after the weekend too.  Keep calm and check the store daily.  It's like a treasure hunt!  ^_^ 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sophie was taken said:

That appears to be last year’s swag bag

Could be.

I'm new around here.

Somebody put up that as a link late last night/early this morning.

Followed it and came up with a goodie bag and no way to put it into my cart. ::(:::(:::(:

GEM

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Last year there was Con stuff available for a few days after the weekend too.  Keep calm and check the store daily.  It's like a treasure hunt!  ^_^ 

On the one hand - yay?  On the other, last year it was available the day the Con started.  Based on that model I refrained from getting a 'membership' since I knew I wouldn't be able to get to the Con, and I would still be able to get a swag bag.  Now that may not happen, unless they a) have extras & b) I happen to look in the store at the right time to snag one.  Had I known they weren't going to offer them in the store I would have signed up for the Con, and they would have mailed me one after the Con was over.  <shrug>  We'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      So - my next small project - I cannot keep with just one ... errrr.

After having a small but nice talk with @SGHawkins09 and being sent home by the doc to cure a sickness I recently picked up, I had to decide what to do next.

As all those wonderful and enthusiatic responses to my previous projects (I mean it - I never had so much response in such a short time) made it near to impossible to just sign off from the forums and disappear into the wilderness, I agreed to take on a different plan.

I just grabbed into my miniature box and took some figures to paint them and get them done. And then it struck me: I am at the Reaper Forums yet I missed to paint a Reaper miniature.

So I picked out ... errr - let me see ... Troll Slayer Sophie! Yay! - hey! Hooooraaay! Who the heck is Troll Slayer Sophie and when did I buy her?

It seems I already started to paint her, but then decided otherwise, stripped *chuckles* her and put her away. Hm. Good point to start her all over again.

As I chose her to be the figure I wanted to paint next I had to think about the color scheme I wanted to use.

Well. I had no idea. I never really cared about fantasy style, so it never meant anything to me. The things I know about are modern or sci fi. I played a lot of Warhammer40k back in the days. I even wrote fanfiction stories which included the Imperial Guard and the Sisters of Battle ...

... Sisters of Battle ...

hm. that could make a great colour scheme. Works well with the flesh tones and still contrasts it. And as Sophie is a demon, the demon/witch hunter theme fits her rather perfectly.

I'll take it!

Well then - primed her and started painting.

But I am not sure - do I want to give her skin the grim dark appearance of an Adepta or a more Succubi-like appearance like ... this one:

Succubus

Suggestions?
    • By lexomatic
      The last of my July paint binge is Sophie.

• By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Hello again, everyone!  It's been a little while, but I finally have another mini to show off!  If you're curious, you can check out her work-in-progress thread here.

I had an absolute heart attack right as I was putting the finishing touches on the mini:  I almost dropped her!  I ended up catching her against my box of bases at the last second, but the force actually bent the barrel of her rifle, and cracked the paint!  I think I was able to straighten it out, and there did not appear to be any chipped paint, so hopefully I am in the clear, but my heart probably just died a little...  

Originally, I tried to modify her to make her more of a werewolf hunter and wanted to put her on an elaborate base, but somehow that never quite came together.  In the end, she just looks like a more modern Western-themed mini.

Anyway, without any further ado, here she is!

Thanks a bunch for looking, and I hope you like here!  
    • By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So, I've had this figure for a while and finally worked up the courage to paint it. I stated in mid-December and finished jsut after Christmas. Not in time to hang it from the tree, but it will be there next year. I wrote the names of of the family (including the rabbits), bu some of the names were too long, so I tried to give the impression that the list was folded over with the letter continuing on the backside.

• By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Hello again everyone!  Well, I'm finally back to work on another project, and this time I want to go kind of big and grand!  I poured over my collection of unpainted minis for a while before finally settling on Bobby Jackson's beautiful 2014 ReaperCon Sophie, but, in the end, the Western genre just wasn't doing it for me (even though I'm actually from the West myself and often pack my own gun belt and revolver when I'm out hiking or target shooting).  Consequently, I decided that, with a few tweaks to make her look a little more modern, she would make a fantastic Werewolf Hunter out on a night hunt!

So, out came the green stuff!

My modifications weren't all that serious, but I hope they alter the character of the mini just enough (especially when I later put a huge, very dead werewolf on the base with her!).

I thought long and hard about how I wanted to paint her, and, in my mind, I continue to picture a night scene (surprise, surprise), so I am going to try to work blue-grays into every color in the whole composition.  However, I don't want to mute her completely (to the point of going monochrome), so I figure she'll be standing in full moonlight such that all of her colors still show through.  I also really wanted to work on my painted textures.  With all that in mind, here's where she's at so far:  (The wings and hair are only basecoated.)

I've cleared the "get the first paint on the mini" hurtle, so let's hope that this spurs me on to paint like crazy now!
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)