Wow I feel really outclassed here but I've gotta start somewhere...

Painted these for a friend's birthday, it was several months past his birthday when I finished, lol. Unfortunately before I could properly finish he had to move so I had to rush and couldn't do as much as I'd like. A lot of bases remained unpainted, and some touch ups on some of the skintones that I was planning on doing after had to be left as they were.

Not sure how many I can fit before it starts flagging me as spam so I'm just gonna show a photo of all of them, and then some of the monsters. They're the ones I'm most satisfied with.

59e9742d1adb8_bloodrage(6).jpg.3728e46fde0424c7927c7c645ef0309c.jpg

Blood Rage Base Game all painted minis

Spoiler

59e974759f22a_bloodrage(4).jpg.7c5f1f17f9e1edb3b113d04b0c972c8d.jpg59e97474a4a70_bloodrage(1).jpg.2e45977045450fcf924b7dbe5fba1ee5.jpg59e974750f454_bloodrage(2).jpg.104bf5b4fb87fd431bc9c6c14304ef03.jpg59e9747641cce_bloodrage(8).jpg.bfc853a6c5b9a3de430d4fcbb88eecbd.jpg59e97475ea4a2_bloodrage(5).jpg.3f84e7837d6a2862de0692d049a5cbbc.jpg59e974755c94f_bloodrage(3).jpg.ad78db06ce7434c36232c82e02ec6062.jpg

Fire Giant

Spoiler

Uhhh, sorta just realized I forgot to actually take pictures of the 100% finished work, please forgive the half finished base.

DSCF9390.thumb.JPG.0f5582016602f71c5185caa7dc6dd215.JPGDSCF9402.thumb.JPG.bd2f7ddebef9fcdc2c096b3e35c41359.JPGDSCF9399.thumb.JPG.b1bc0f09e2582635446403eb35a99836.JPGDSCF9397.thumb.JPG.cc84767ddb2513b731096548c129d84d.JPG

Ice Giant

Spoiler

Looking over this now I can see things that I could have done differently/better, but I still think it turned out pretty well.

DSCF9490.thumb.JPG.377577c9566dd7458f6ddbfc05ec23a0.JPGDSCF9492.thumb.JPG.7195612ae78702cec764d284fadf1f01.JPGDSCF9494.thumb.JPG.05b15e82501f4ccaace914461cbabb40.JPGDSCF9496.thumb.JPG.aa8fd339293459bc91d1f37aa4a14271.JPG

DSCF9486.thumb.JPG.bf59e834ec7e0e600cb2e206f73025d8.JPG

Troll

Spoiler

Pretty Happy with this guy too, the blood spatter is not the best and the rocks are a little janky, my first experiment with basing.

DSCF9423.thumb.JPG.45bacf35e60158fa6bb3e6f63d4d8ad9.JPGDSCF9418.thumb.JPG.50994a3fd7d5e51f764712eb7df74747.JPGDSCF9419.thumb.JPG.f2e2769edc9cf1efb525d563cd6af411.JPGDSCF9410.thumb.JPG.304a0da4117b3d98e7a3c9afc32bcf7a.JPG

Edited by ThirstyBob
Adding pics
  • Like 22

Wow! What a saga this must have been! Which painfully reminds me I have too keep painting my own set.. Sigh... One day I shall get to it.. I hope..

But what you have achieved here is surely inspiring and your efforts have been rewarded! Very well done!

So I hope you dine in Valhalla next game night! ^_^ 

• Like 2

They look great!

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as @VolksFest!  Except I haven't even started ::(:

I got my copy for a steal on the Bay with grand plans of painting everything right away... needless to say that hasn't happened.  I also have Rising Sun and Green Horde coming which a I have the same plans for... what did I get myself into?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I don’t often do WIP.
      I figured I’d start one.
      I’m still working toward Reign of Winter Adventure Path appropriate models.  Kord has a Viking vibe.

He’s been trimmed, washed, brown-liner primered.  I removed the glued on piece of his wolf pelt to get at other stuff.  I’ll glue it on later, then green stuff and finish painting.

I’m blocking in basecoats now.  Skin and furs so far.
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      2-5 Players                 30-45 min                 Ages 14+
      Shipwrecked is an exciting new game based on an original concept by Matt Kirby, the designer of the the worldwide hit family game Apples to Apples®. Shipwrecked is a fast, fun game of bidding, bananas, monkeys and mayhem.
      Our extraordinary team of experienced designers, artists and illustrators have created an auction and set-collection game with a compelling theme, tight design, and top-tier art and components.
      To ensure that we can produce a quality game that will reach you before the holidays, we’re working closely with a U.S. based printer: DeLano Services. We’ll be shipping cartons direct from the manufacturer to fulfillment centers in North America and Europe.
      To complete, manufacture and ship this unique and exciting project, we need your help!
            ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
      Welcome to 
      Your once proud ship is now a wreck on the shore of an uncharted island. And you are not alone: Battered and broken vessels litter the rocky shore. You and other survivors are all desperate to repair your ships and return to your homes.
      Unfortunately, all the ships have been stripped of parts by a gang of motley monkeys, led by the wily Captain Coconuts. He’ll give you what you need - for a price! You’ll have to out-bid (and outsmart) the other castaways in the Captain’s auctions. Win what you need to rebuild your ship and you’ll sail away to victory!
             ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
      Cards - Art in progress        ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
       Component list:
      54 Cards 5 Individual Player Mats  1 Auction-board + 5 Tier Indicators  35 Bid Tokens (5 player-sets of 7 each)  60 Bananas  10 Banana Fivers 1 Turn Token  A Very Brief Rulebook  Loads Of Fun!        ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
      Cards - Art in progress        ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
                         Coming sooner than a May monsoon!
            ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
      Unique Symbols for Each Castaway (Player) - Art in Progress       ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
      The extraordinary artists behind Shipwrecked's unique look:
      Lee Moyer is a veteran art director, illustrator and designer for numerous games including 13th Age, The Doom That Came To Atlantic City, and licensed titles including Game of Thrones, World of Warcraft and Star Wars. He was also Concept Lead for Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition.
      Lee Moyer: “It’s such a joy to be working with such an accomplished team. Integrating, art, theme, design and gameplay is crucial to creating an immersive and intuitive player experience. Happily, Elbowfish seems to have gathered the right folks to bring those elements together and make this game great.“
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       Lyla Warren is an experienced and multi-talented concept artist, character designer, illustrator, animator and sculptor. Her clients include Disney, Cartoon Network, Sony, Mattel, Zynga, Popcap, Mondo Media and Laika. 
      Lyla Warren: "I've created art for a lot of games and I'm so impressed with Elbowfish's focus on creating a really fun, captivating game for players. The team assembled for "Shipwrecked" has executed that beautifully. I'm excited to see people play it! I also really appreciate the effort Elbowfish undergoes to make sure artists are recognized and involved. It’s such a breath of fresh air. This game has been a joy to work on.“
            ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
      Game Design by a 25-year industry veteran, blending theme, gameplay and art
      Game Designer and Elbowfish Creative Director Andrew Mayer has been a designer, creative director, and consultant in games and interactive entertainment for 25 years. He was the original producer/designer for the award-winning, endlessly popular Petz series and is the creator of Hero Cards. Andrew has has worked with (and for) Sony, Warner Brothers, Bioware/EA, Playfirst, The Learning Company, Cartoon Network & others.
      Andrew Mayer: “I am inspired and impressed by the company’s focus on quality and creativity. We have more exciting games in the works - but Shipwrecked is something special. Plus, it's a freakin' gorgeous game! I am excited to add my experience to an innovative game studio with a strong vision.”
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Built on an original concept & gameplay mechanic by Matt Kirby, the inventor of Apples To Apples!
      This is Matt's first game in over a decade, and he chose Elbowfish to develop and publish it!
      Matt Kirby: “I am really excited about collaborating with the Elbowfish team. I have been working on new concepts for several years, and I have kept my eye out for the right publisher to bring my latest ideas to the gaming audience. David’s integrity, his passion for games, and Elbowfish’s innovative business model made it an obvious home for my new games.”
    • By Unit04
      Adrenaline is a board game made to simulate a first person shooter, sort of.  From left to right we have Dozer, Sprog (he's from Texas), Violet, :D-Struct-Or, and Banshee.  I still need to put some sealer on, but I wanted to take pictures before that. 

I'm not too happy with how :D-Struct-Or came out.  He's a case of, stop before you aren't happy with the final product.  However because I did him first, I was more sparing with the others and I think they came out ok.  Good enough to look nice on the table top.  

Thematic paint used (left to right):  Military Grey, Alien Ooze, Witchcraft Purple, Beacon Yellow, Maggot White (its hard to be thematic with an alien octopus woman)

Bonus Thematic Paint:  Violet's hair is MSP SAMPLE PINK, which I hate using because there is a limited supply, but it always wants to be used.  I'm torn!

• By ThirstyBob
      Some in progress works of nyar as I work on him. Started with black primer, airbrushed white pre shading, drybrushed transparent dioxane purple, accenting the shadows, then coated in transparent pthalo blue.

• By Carnacki the Ghost Finder
      Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught Three, featuring a faction called "The Ancients" has just been announced by Petersen Games, set to launch July 17th. 

EDIT: starts at 8 AM CST Monday July 17th.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)