Sirithiliel

Fat Wyvern (RCon 2017 conversion)

So uploading from my phone from the Con since I am actually working on this guy in the afternoons

here he is after he was built in my first class on thursday

he is the Frogemoth without tentacles and tiny wings attached instead

IMG_3162.JPG

Here he is being painted in True Blue and Imperial Purple

image.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 17
  • Haha 1

He reminds me a bit of an ROUS, but with wings. And some other monster I can't quite pinpoint. Maybe the fat dragon in How to Train Your Dragon?

• Like 2

It feels like something out of a Terry Gilliam animation.

"Dinsdale!"  That wasn't relevant, it just made me smile.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cyradis said:

He reminds me a bit of an ROUS, but with wings. And some other monster I can't quite pinpoint. Maybe the fat dragon in How to Train Your Dragon?

How to train your dragon is a comparison many have made at the Con!

word of mouth about him has spread and I have people coming to out table to look at him

i know Izzy, Julie Guthrie, Bob Ridolfi, Bobby Jackson, Gene Van horne, and Jason Wiebe all like him haha

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 7

He reminds me of Heimlich the fat caterpillar from Bug's Life who finally turned into a beautiful butterfly! ::P:

• Like 3

I decided to convert him more. I chopped off two of his five toes on each foot, to make them more dinosaur-like instead of frog-like. I removed the fin off the top and bottom of his tail and sculpted in armor plating, using three of his removed toes to make spikes (as per Julie Guthrie's suggestion at ReaperCon to give him a Thagomizer) and yes, they're intentially malformed and uneven

I then sculpted over my spots on the legs i had previously filled in with green stuff

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

• Like 14

Love that purple and blue combo you started with but the brown looks good too.  I'm sure there's a lost Lewis Caroll poem about this guy. 

• Like 1

he did look nice in purple and blue, but he didn't look...hmm what's the word. Gluttonous enough. That' doesn't make sense. I just felt the blue-purple was too pretty, didn't really fit his theme of hunger, devouring greed

• Like 1