Mad Jack

Happy Birthday, OneBoot!

<---That's a green skull, not a red heart - have you had your eyes checked recently?

I may be Irish, but Lucky Charms I ain't, lol.

• Like 3

That is super cool, great job on the cat! Man, people find all kinds of cool things at goodwill! I need to go more, did find some nice Christmas snowglobes at angel view a few months ago (donation type store like goodwill and salvation army).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

<---That's a green skull, not a red heart - have you had your eyes checked recently?

I may be Irish, but Lucky Charms I ain't, lol.

Then take this:

YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, MAD JACK!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Then take this:

YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, MAD JACK!

Y'know I had a boss named Charlie Brown once...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did you ever yank a football away from him just before he was about to kick it?

No, but I did con him into giving me extra time off to go to a Rocky Horror Picture Show convention by telling him it was a "family reunion"...

• Like 4

Happy birthday!! :bday:

Catching up on forum posts... Better late than never? 

• Like 1

Thank you again!!! She's sitting on my speaker looking all cute and innocent. I love it! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      I've really enjoyed reading all of the Ask Me Anything threads and getting to know people better, so I finally decided to start one of my own.

Feel free to ask me about anything: my likes, dislikes, past, present, future, family, footwear, etc. A silly question will likely receive a silly answer, and I reserve the right to respond to any question with cute cat pictures. Because if there's one thing this forum needs, it's more cute cat pictures.  

Huzzah!
    • By OneBoot
      I actually really enjoy working with a limited color palette, so when I saw this thread proposing a color palette limited to 3 rolls of a d20 against a preselected chart of colors, I had to jump in! Now the Reapercon is finished, I thought it high time I finally started my dragon. I chose Kyphrixis, because he's such a cute little dragon (plus he's the only one of the 3 available options I actually had but that totally has no bearing on my decision whatsoever ).

Here are my colors:

Since the print is kind of small, here's the numbers: 19, 11, 15. So, according to the chart, that's Pure Black, Violet Red and Mint Green.

I did wish I'd gotten something other than Pure Black for one of my rolls, since I'm going for the THREE STAR CHALLENGE (which means I'll only have 4 colors to work with instead of 5, since I am allowed my 3 rolled colors + White and Black for highlighting and shading). But that's okay, because I love a good challenge!

To start off, here's Ky (that's what I'll call him from here on out since remembering how to spell his name each time will get annoying lol) all washed, trimmed, and primered with Brown Liner:

I'll continue in a later post, since that's where I start the actual painting stuff!

Huzzah!
    • By OneBoot
      Among the classes I took at Reapercon this year was Shaded Basecoats, by James Wappel. For those of you unfamiliar with his painting style, it basically breaks all the "rules" of painting miniatures in all sorts of awesome ways. He uses huge brushes, doesn't rinse them out, blends most of his colors together, slops paint on all super messy in the early stages, it's quite the mind-blowing experience!

I had SO MUCH FUN in his class that I decided to give a try at home, using a Bones werewolf that MrBoot needed painted before Friday's game. 

Here's the brush I used for 90% of the work:

Yes, that does actually say Size 8.  

The other 10% was done using one of my trusty Size 0's for claws, eyes and teeth.

And here's the final result! (I had to tweak the color balance of the final pictures to get the reddish skin/fur to show properly)

I only spent just a little over an hour on this guy, and yet I'm just as happy with how he turned out as I would have been had I spent 4. Perhaps even happier!  And even better, I was so relaxed and just having a lot of fun painting with this huge brush and not even caring about being careful.

After looking at the pictures, I can tell his fur could really use one last highlight, but eh, I've got 20 other minis that need painting, so I'm not going to worry about it.

List of paints used:
      Violet Liner (special thanks to @Guindyloo for the suggestion)
      Redstone shadow (fur, skin)
      Earth brown (fur)
      Rich leather (fur)
      Golden shadow (fur)
      Chestnut brown (skin)
      Oiled leather (skin)
      Aged bone (claws, teeth)
      Splintered bone (claws, teeth, eyes)
      Violet red (tongue)
      Big top red (tongue, eyes)
      Clear red (eyes)
      Solid black (eyes)
      Blackened brown (base)
      Jungle moss (base, claws)
      Highland moss (base)
      Stone grey (base)

Huzzah!
    • By Pingo
        Happy birthday, Lady Boot!  May you have a wonderful day!  
    • By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)